British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Silver Bee

Coventry Vs Buxton/rye

Appreciate there isn't a huge deal of interest in these meetings but even so!

Before attending the meeting, could someone connected with Coventry confirm what readmission details are for double header meetings?

Whilst I appreciate any money owing would be minimal, the previous double header did not give us a result in the second meeting and no details have been given regarding readmission for either this or any restaging.

There are no details of readmission provided prior to entering the meeting other than on request and it would be nice to know where we stand before entering what would happen if the same thing happened again.

Also, our last 3 evening double headers (1 this year and 2 last) in the national league have been called off due to curfew. Could someone please confirm what the Brandon curfew is?

Thanks in advance.

Full gas storm and best wishes to Dan!

Is there anyone going to these meetings who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

I know there are critics regarding a match being rushed through to 10 races so the result will stand but this really should have been the case tonight. Just two more races and then we could all pack up and go home, but no Rye House wanted to wait to see if the rain would stop before continuing, no doubt due to the fact they were losing 32-19. Like that was ever going to happen as it just got worse so that's two unfinished Storm matches now. :neutral:

• Like 2

I know there are critics regarding a match being rushed through to 10 races so the result will stand but this really should have been the case tonight. Just two more races and then we could all pack up and go home, but no Rye House wanted to wait to see if the rain would stop before continuing, no doubt due to the fact they were losing 32-19. Like that was ever going to happen as it just got worse so that's two unfinished Storm matches now. :neutral:

When's the cut off date for Gold Cup qualification?

Members of the club hierarchy do read and post on this forum so I'll ask again. What are the rules regarding readmission for double headers?

That's now 2 incomplete meetings from the last 2 double headers. No rules are stated anywhere concerning your rights and when asked last night turnstile staff did not know.

No wonder no one turns up for storm meetings with the way the fans are constantly treated.

Members of the club hierarchy do read and post on this forum so I'll ask again. What are the rules regarding readmission for double headers?

That's now 2 incomplete meetings from the last 2 double headers. No rules are stated anywhere concerning your rights and when asked last night turnstile staff did not know.

No wonder no one turns up for storm meetings with the way the fans are constantly treated.

The re-admission policy is exactly as for a normal meeting - if a meeting ( and a double-header is simply a 30-heat meeting in this context) is abandoned before Heat 10 the re-admission ticket accrues some value towards a future meeting.

Last night's meeting was frustratingly abandoned after 23 heats.

The re-admission policy is clearly stated in the match programme and at the turnstiles; by the close of the meeting last night no turnstile staff were on duty but I was in the speedway office should anyone have had a query ( which they didn't).

If anyone thinks that we as a promotion somehow engineer these abandonments as a way of 'making money' they could not be further from the truth. The particular circumstances of last night's abandonment could well have also cost us a Gold Cup place.

Re-staging dates for the three outstanding Storm meetings will be announced in due course.

(Edited for typo)

Edited by NeilWatson

Would you like to confirm the wording in the programme, for those of us who don't feel the need to purchase one just to find out our rights?

I find it very strange the turnstile staff were unaware of what readmission details were. You'd think as it is so clearly labelled they would just refer us to such literature.

It's hardly a natural assumption that 2 meetings class as 1 as far as readmission goes. 2 meetings take place, 2 results are declared (well, occasionally) and you pay extra for that privilege. Readmission in the whole of speedway is an utter con, when I order a pizza if I only get 66% of that pizza the company aren't entitled to consider that an appropriate product and refuse to give any money back for it.

At no point have I claimed this years double headers have been called off to make the promotion money, especially given the pathetic crowds. Both meetings were genuine call offs. The suggestion that last years double header call offs were genuine is absurd though, both were called off for curfew, a curfew which I believe is non existent based on information which has come from save Brandon meetings.

A token gesture for fans who have now not seen the completion of either double header at Brandon is hardly beyond the realms of possibility but that's your prerogative as promoters. Just don't be surprised when the crowd is even worse, if that's even possible, at future storm events.

Would you like to confirm the wording in the programme, for those of us who don't feel the need to purchase one just to find out our rights?

I find it very strange the turnstile staff were unaware of what readmission details were. You'd think as it is so clearly labelled they would just refer us to such literature.

It's hardly a natural assumption that 2 meetings class as 1 as far as readmission goes. 2 meetings take place, 2 results are declared (well, occasionally) and you pay extra for that privilege. Readmission in the whole of speedway is an utter con, when I order a pizza if I only get 66% of that pizza the company aren't entitled to consider that an appropriate product and refuse to give any money back for it.

At no point have I claimed this years double headers have been called off to make the promotion money, especially given the pathetic crowds. Both meetings were genuine call offs. The suggestion that last years double header call offs were genuine is absurd though, both were called off for curfew, a curfew which I believe is non existent based on information which has come from save Brandon meetings.

A token gesture for fans who have now not seen the completion of either double header at Brandon is hardly beyond the realms of possibility but that's your prerogative as promoters. Just don't be surprised when the crowd is even worse, if that's even possible, at future storm events.

As I said, the re-admission terms are clearly stated at the turnstiles (outside before money is paid and entry gained) as well as in the programme.

I also stated that the turnstile staff were not on duty at the end of the meeting (which is when I presume your query arose).

When's the cut off date for Gold Cup qualification?

Sunday 😕

Bad sportsmanship from Rye house.

Coventry were winning convincingly and only needed two more heats to get the result. However Rye House couldn't afford for this to happen as Coventry would have then gone above them and with only one meeting to go, would have looked favourites for the golden cup qualification.

The track was raceable and the rain was light.

Really confused by anybody suggesting it was called off by Coventry on purpose, why would they? Only two heats away from 3points which were very needed and the headache of another date to find for the fixture in front of a small crowd.

Fingers crossed that Coventry can get the Cradley meeting on Sunday and win.

Edited by mdmc82

So as a member of the promotion team you either won't, or can't, say what re admission details are stated in the programme and at the stadium? In the EL programmes from last season (perhaps you could confirm whether or not it has changed) it does not state specific readmission details and instead says they are available on request or at the turnstiles, so unless it has changed the 'information' you have provided is incorrect.

Maybe you could also tell me where the clear labelling of these details exactly is so I can read them thoroughly before entering the stadium in future.

The query was prior to the meeting, hence the original post I made on this thread. At the end of the meeting I wanted to go home and not continue to get soaked.

Really confused by anybody suggesting it was called off by Coventry on purpose, why would they? Only two heats away from 3points which were very needed and the headache of another date to find for the fixture in front of a small crowd.

Who has suggested that it was called off on purpose?

Neil.

1) There is no notice outside the turnstiles before you go in.

2) The turnstile staff, when asked what the re-admission details for a double header were did not know.

I see from your reply that you consider that 10 heats from 30 constitutes you having fulfilled your side of a contract.

Fair enough but I and many others will never attend another double header meeting at Coventry.

Neil.

1) There is no notice outside the turnstiles before you go in.

2) The turnstile staff, when asked what the re-admission details for a double header were did not know.

I see from your reply that you consider that 10 heats from 30 constitutes you having fulfilled your side of a contract.

Fair enough but I and many others will never attend another double header meeting at Coventry.

(1) There are signs outside the turnstiles (unless they've all been removed in the last couple of weeks which I doubt but will check tomorrow).

(2) I will check with the staff, but in any event the terms are so clearly stated both at the stadium, in the programme, and, lets be honest, by custom (the current procedures have been in place for a number of seasons) that I find it difficult to believe that there is actually any confusion.

10 heats from 30? 23 heats were raced last night

You're entitled to make that decision. Personally I never want to run another double-header either, but fixture pressures sometimes make it inevitable.

So as a member of the promotion team you either won't, or can't, say what re admission details are stated in the programme and at the stadium? In the EL programmes from last season (perhaps you could confirm whether or not it has changed) it does not state specific readmission details and instead says they are available on request or at the turnstiles, so unless it has changed the 'information' you have provided is incorrect.

Maybe you could also tell me where the clear labelling of these details exactly is so I can read them thoroughly before entering the stadium in future.

The query was prior to the meeting, hence the original post I made on this thread. At the end of the meeting I wanted to go home and not continue to get soaked.

Won't - as in I have much more pressing things to do today than type out a fairly lengthy piece of text. I am happy to email a photo of the terms if you wish to send me your email address to neil@coventrybees.co

The terms are generic as the actual value of a re-admission ticket varies depending on the admission price and heats completed.

Personally, as a speedway fan, I just want to watch the racing - I would never decide whether to attend a meeting or not just because of some perceived worry as to what might happen if the meeting is abandoned. Perhaps I'm in a minority.