British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kipscuderia

Beaches

Anybody know of any beaches I can take bike to to get a bit of sliding practice on.

I bet sand racing 'knocks out' chains and wheel bearings? :unsure:

• Like 1

Anybody know of any beaches I can take bike to to get a bit of sliding practice on.

the beaches have all been closed , dog walkers dont want you on there making a noise , while they are letting their dogs S.H.I.T. all over it

Edited by speedibee

I bet sand racing 'knocks out' chains and wheel bearings? :unsure:

Not if you know how to look after a bike.

Legally....there are no beaches you can ride on without breaking the law or, worse, a local environment agency bylaw.

Chose your location very carefully and speak to the local riders to see where is ' acceptable' to ride so as not to risk having your bike seized by the local constabulary.

Even Dogs crapping on the beach is breaking a law these days, if there's anyone there to enforce it!

Legally....there are no beaches you can ride on without breaking the law or, worse, a local environment agency bylaw.

Chose your location very carefully and speak to the local riders to see where is ' acceptable' to ride so as not to risk having your bike seized by the local constabulary.

Even Dogs crapping on the beach is breaking a law these days, if there's anyone there to enforce it!

Yes, from our own experience, you get warned for your first offence, but they confiscate your bike for a second offence. If anybody is riding on a beach, don't ride when there are others around, including dogs. They could report you, and it is anti social.

Pilling sands a little north of blackpool was the place riders use to meet up years back, you could drive on the beach too.

After September it was ok to ride on but that was then not sure now.

Always spray around bearing parts and then as soon as you leave power wash bike down and clean chains in oil.

I have also heard southport,brean,maplethorpe,filey as other beaches riders have used in the past

For Southport read Ainsdale beach, just a few miles south of Southport.

Loads of sand there to practice on, well there was in the 70's - probably banned by now.

Edited by Joe Hatton

Can't believe where I rode my bike and off road bikes back in the day ,would be hung drawn and quartered if I tried it these days