British Speedway Forum
Silver Cheetah Snr

Warning To Anybody Attending A Double Header.

As has been confirmed by a speedway promoter this morning, if the meeting is called off after 10 heats of the first meeting then you will receive no refund or reduced admission on the rerunning of the second meeting.

New low in speedway. Pay for 30 heats get 10.

As has been confirmed by a speedway promoter this morning, if the meeting is called off after 10 heats of the first meeting then you will receive no refund or reduced admission on the rerunning of the second meeting.

thanks for that, I'm going to rye house for a double header tonight!

thanks for that, I'm going to rye house for a double header tonight!

However last time a double header at Rye House failed to go the distance we did get a refund.

(When Rye v Eastbourne was 'dusted' off).

A re-admission policy for double headers is needed though. I would suggest that if you get less than 20 out of 30 heats, which pro-rata is equivalent to 10 out of 15 races in a standard match (ignoring the possibility of MDL races etc) then there should be some form of credit.

• Like 2

However last time a double header at Rye House failed to go the distance we did get a refund.

A re-admission policy for double headers is needed though. I would suggest that if you get less than 20 out of 30 heats, which pro-rata is equivalent to 10 out of 15 races in a standard match (ignoring the possibility of MDL races etc) then there should be some form of credit.

Agree but it isn't.

Last night 23 races from the 30 were raced. Coventry were prepared to continue but Rye House wouldn't as they couldn't afford for Coventry to get the points as direct competition for the golden cup.

The ref called it off, not Coventry

So which matches exactly did you only get to see 10 heats not 30?

......arnieg..... However last time a double header at Rye House failed to go the distance we did get a refund.

Just as a matter of interest how much is it at Rye House for a double header?

Edited by Gemini

So which matches exactly did you only get to see 10 heats not 30?

Two Border Collies and a Chihuahua I believe. :t::o;):blink:

Don't know why you can't just treat them as two separate meetings. Charge $30 to get in. Reopen the turnstiles in the interval between meetings. If you come in, it's $15, if you leave you get a $15 refund. Turnstiles close at the start of heat 1 of second meeting. If you paid $30 and it is abandoned after 10 heats of the first meeting, you get a $15 refund.

• Like 1

My wife and I made the long journey to Belle Vue to watch Eastbourne in the second double header. It was abandoned before the end of the first meeting and we did not get a penny back and not even an acknowledgement from the Belle Vue promotion. No chance of us ever going there again.

Two Border Collies and a Chihuahua I believe. :t::o;):blink:

Don't start, we've had dogs ruining just about every other thread. :nono: :nono: :nono:

Edited by tyretrax

So why worry if it has never happened? Wait until it does and then have a moan. :lol:

As I have already said on the other thread we are getting in for £15 instead of £20 for two matches so the promotion are already losing £5. Neither of the two abandoned matches have been Coventry's fault so I wouldn't quibble about being a couple of pounds out of pocket.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 4

So why worry if it has never happened? Wait until it does and then have a moan. :lol:

As I have already said on the other thread we are getting in for £15 instead of £20 for two matches so the promotion are already losing £5. Neither of the two abandoned matches have been Coventry's fault so I wouldn't quibble about being a couple of pounds out of pocket.

Yes it has happened see post #10.

Maybe you are happy at getting ripped off but a lot of people are not.

Do you remember last years double headers with the famous statement of "We will give you news of the time of tonights curfew"

As I say you will soon be the only person stood on the terraces if the public keep getting treated with contempt.

And please in future do not say I have said something that I have not.

£20 for PL double header tonight a 33% increase

Cov was a 50% increase on normal yesterfay and Wolves last Monday was 57% up on usual price

• Like 1