British Speedway Forum
Silver Cheetah Snr

Warning To Anybody Attending A Double Header.

Yes it has happened see post #10.

And please in future do not say I have said something that I have not.

But you are quite happy to misquote me.

I didn't refer to 'rules', you asked on another thread what Coventry's policy was and I responded. You should at least have the honesty to re-title this post ' Warning to anyone attending a double-header at Coventry' as the current title is misleading and assumes my colleagues all have the same policy.

For the record, while our policy is as stated, in exceptional circumstances which would make the current policy clearly inappropriate, we would of course make an appropriate adjustment to the policy on the night and make an announcement to those affected ((ie) the fans actually in the stadium).

That's the beauty of having a policy not rules.

• Like 1

I have never been that keen on attending double headers and all to often problems seem to be encountered with the running of them.

So why worry if it has never happened? Wait until it does and then have a moan. :lol:

As I have already said on the other thread we are getting in for £15 instead of £20 for two matches so the promotion are already losing £5. Neither of the two abandoned matches have been Coventry's fault so I wouldn't quibble about being a couple of pounds out of pocket.

Well said. Some fans just like a good moan. A bit like those moaning about paying £2 more for seeing their EL team in the play offs.

But you are quite happy to misquote me.

I didn't refer to 'rules', you asked on another thread what Coventry's policy was and I responded. You should at least have the honesty to re-title this post ' Warning to anyone attending a double-header at Coventry' as the current title is misleading and assumes my colleagues all have the same policy.

For the record, while our policy is as stated, in exceptional circumstances which would make the current policy clearly inappropriate, we would of course make an appropriate adjustment to the policy on the night and make an announcement to those affected ((ie) the fans actually in the stadium).

That's the beauty of having a policy not rules.

Would you kindly quote my post and your reply to ME

As yet again the above post is a blatant lie.

I have never asked you what the policy is.

All I have done is question your lies about the fact that readmission terms for a double header were clearly posted outside the stadium.

All I have done is question your lies about the fact that readmission terms for a double header were clearly posted outside the stadium.

Glad I'm not the only one that complains about this sort of thing. :t:

Well said. Some fans just like a good moan. A bit like those moaning about paying £2 more for seeing their EL team in the play offs.

Just go on sucking up to Neil, it won't do you any good.

Why should I wait until it happens and chuck more of my money away.

On what now appears to be a policy by Coventry only.

Edited by Silver Cheetah Snr
  • Like 1

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=80320&p=2680321 and other posts in that thread.

You are very free with your use of the word 'lie' - an extra £10 in the BenFund bucket tomorrow from whoever's wrong about the Turnstile notices? I assume you'll be there as it's not a double header.

It might :-)

• Like 1

Why should I wait until it happens and chuck more of my money away.

On what now appears to be a policy by Coventry only.

Please grow up.

It's not about sucking up as you put it, it's about not moaning just for the sake of moaning.

It's just as frustrating for Coventry and the riders who might now miss out on a golden cup place.

You saw 23 for the 30 heats last night. How much money do you expect back?

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=80320&p=2680321 and other posts in that thread.

You are very free with your use of the word 'lie' - an extra £10 in the BenFund bucket tomorrow from whoever's wrong about the Turnstile notices? I assume you'll be there as it's not a double header.

It might :-)

I see you can't provide any evidence for your last post as usual.

Have you been out painting signs today then and I bet they do not mention double headers.

And no I will not be there tomorrow which will be the first meeting I have missed all year both home and away (Bees and Storm)

But If you can prove the lies that you posted above are true then I will gladly give Rob a tenner for the fund.

Yes it has happened see post #10.

Maybe you are happy at getting ripped off but a lot of people are not.

Do you remember last years double headers with the famous statement of "We will give you news of the time of tonights curfew"

As I say you will soon be the only person stood on the terraces if the public keep getting treated with contempt.

And please in future do not say I have said something that I have not.

Don't expect me to remember something from last season as I haven't enough brain cells left to store useless Speedway information.

Post 10 as far as I can see is about Belle Vue and an EL match so nothing to do with a NL match at Coventry which is what I was referring to when I said 'wait until it happens.' I presumed we were both on the same subject as Brandon is where you seem to get your Speedway fix these days, but looking again at the topic title I'm obviously wrong so apologise.

I'm quite happy to be 'ripped off' at the moment if that's your opinion and I'm not going to kick up a fuss at paying £15 for 23 races.

• Like 3

Don't expect me to remember something from last season as I haven't enough brain cells left to store useless Speedway information.

Post 10 as far as I can see is about Belle Vue and an EL match so nothing to do with a NL match at Coventry which is what I was referring to when I said 'wait until it happens.' I presumed we were both on the same subject as Brandon is where you seem to get your Speedway fix these days, but looking again at the topic title I'm obviously wrong so apologise.

I'm quite happy to be 'ripped off' at the moment if that's your opinion and I'm not going to kick up a fuss at paying £15 for 23 races.

Well said 👍🏻

I have never been that keen on attending double headers and all to often problems seem to be encountered with the running of them.

anyone that attended the numerous double headers at white city in the 1970's would know exactly what you mean Eddie!

Well said. Some fans just like a good moan. ...

Quite correct. And just wait til they moan about the programme insert when the fixture eventually gets replayed.

You saw 23 for the 30 heats last night. How much money do you expect back?

Can't wait to see the answer to this one...

And another question for the pot, are 15 races at PL level worth more than 23 races at NL level? You paid about the same money, did you feel you got better or worse value for it?

Can't wait to see the answer to this one...

And another question for the pot, are 15 races at PL level worth more than 23 races at NL level? You paid about the same money, did you feel you got better or worse value for it?

I expect to see a result at least. You seem to be happy to average heats out here. So surely if a meeting gets rained off after 9 heats somewhere, as long as the week before had 15 heats you have over to meetings seen an average of 12 heats so why expect money back?

The second meeting didn't get to heat 10, some money should be returned.

I expect to see a result at least. You seem to be happy to average heats out here. So surely if a meeting gets rained off after 9 heats somewhere, as long as the week before had 15 heats you have over to meetings seen an average of 12 heats so why expect money back?

The second meeting didn't get to heat 10, some money should be returned.

I agree.The OP has a justifiable cause for complaint in my opinion The club should make their terms and conditions clear & understandable at the stadium entrance, with a particular reference to double headers which are obviously not the same as a normal 15 heat meeting. I understand that questions were asked by Silver Bee & his family but no-one at the turnstiles had the answers,once they had paid to gain entrance it was all a little too late.

To be honest Horton & Co have been getting away with dodgy double header meetings for some considerable time now, what with the imposition of the non existent curfew, damage to fences & riders, as well as the genuine rain offs.

The bottom line is that if they offer the fans two meetings back to back, then that is what they should get not one and a bit.

If the promoters had any decency they would make clear their policy for double header meetings so that everyone understands what their entitlement is in the event of any early curtailment.