British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

yes, oystercard for howarth.

Would take Howarth but it won't be for Ostergaard

Konopka isn't even on there and tungate has already stated he won't be racing for ipswich next season.

Would be surprised if we signed Tungate.

the "reason" or "excuse" for dropping down, was, cos it had gone stale.....next season appears even worse than the last 5..

I have to watch my speedway elsewhere these days, but keep an eye on this thread.....would of been back in a flash with a new

broom, but hey ho, will have to wait another year now!!

Mediocrity here to say I'm afraid both at foxhall and British speedway in general. The office rug at the BSPA offices must be like a mound now, with everything the promoters have swept under it over the year's.

I think Chris will put together a team full of entertainers that will win something. Otherwise maybe it's time to move aside.

As I've said before, I feel a bit sorry for Chris Louis as he's put together sides every winter that have looked more than capable of silverware.

Why his teams keep underachieving is a mystery and it's starting to look a bit odd.

I think his problem is the same as his dad's, both to loyal to under performing riders. Rider changes don't happen quick enough or often enough.

I think that's a fair point Baldy he's probably not as ruthless as he could/should be.

Hard to be too critical of someone for being loyal to his riders though really even though as a supporter it can be frustrating at times.

I think his problem is the same as his dad's, both to loyal to under performing riders. Rider changes don't happen quick enough or often enough.

I agree, but I also wonder if there is a real, determined attitude to win from the management. Look at all the consistantly succesful teams, they have the right attitude / approach to motivate the team and win.

Edited by iandean3

Totally agree with that also, we certainly don't have the same will to win as some others have. Mix it all up and I think the nails have been firmly hit on the heads.

Would take Howarth but it won't be for Ostergaard

time will tell. its good to start a rumor and hope it turns out to be true... happy season is here , so keep spreading the rumors .

a few things that need changes

- someone to actively go out there and get more investment from local businesses

- invest that money into team building / riders equipment

- promote the sport more locally than just using the norm

- generate some extra revene through more gate money

Speedway is so very much like my sport I promote - there is no governing body, and everyone is in it for themselves instead of helping each other

• Like 1

Don't know where this Kennett to Ipswich story came from. A vivid imagination I'd say

Don't know where this Kennett to Ipswich story came from. A vivid imagination I'd say

Roland seems convinced and to be fair he's not one known for a wind up.

We'll soon find out.

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect any major team news before 6th November.

Seems most of this years team won't be returning next year so it would make it a bit awkward to confirm axed riders before the end of season thingy.

Roland seems convinced and to be fair he's not one known for a wind up.

We'll soon find out.

Kennett was pretty hacked off having to carry the team for most of the season. I Wouldn't blame him if he wanted a move, but now the new promoters are fully in charge he may want to see what their team building plans are. At the end of season meeting, after collecting his Mr Rocket award, he said he wanted to return Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Kennett was pretty hacked off having to carry the team for most of the season. I Wouldn't blame him if he wanted a move, but now the new promoters are fully in charge he may want to see what their team building plans are. At the end of season meeting, after collecting his Mr Rocket award, he said he wanted to return

He's not likely to collect his Mr Rocket award and then make a speech saying "thanks for this by the way I'm off" is he Shads ;)

I don't believe we'll sign him as it goes because King is pretty much nailed on and I just can't see Louis going that top heavy.

You'd think Kennett would be the first Rocket signed up wouldn't you? Most like to get their number one's done first so I'm sure this rumour will be put to bed pretty quickly.