Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

That's the new way for thinking... use guests on a horses for courses basis and save money! AllegedlNot

Not really horses for courses as John Louis the 6/1 winner at Bangor yesterday had never run there before

Well, Peterborough & Sheffield made it into the playoffs with using guests most of the season so it does work. If the team is correct and Stefan doubles up we could have 4 riders missing a meeting at the same time. The fixture compilers have got a job on their hands.

Well, Peterborough & Sheffield made it into the playoffs with using guests most of the season so it does work. If the team is correct and Stefan doubles up we could have 4 riders missing a meeting at the same time. The fixture compilers have got a job on their hands.

They really need to try and get the EL and PL riding on seperate nights that would solve all the problems.

Easier said than done I know but it needs to be strongly investigated at the least.

It may mean some clubs moving from their tried and trusted race nights, but as long as they're given the thumbs up from the stadium owners to ride on a certain night then sacrifices might have to be made.

We're seeing more and more riders riding in both leagues these days so it's an increasing problem but I'm not sure racing on an unusual race night for some clubs would harm there attendance any more or less than fixtures with so many missing riders on their normal race night.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey
  • Like 1

They really need to try and get the EL and PL riding on seperate nights that would solve all the problems.

Easier said than done I know but it needs to be strongly investigated at the least.

It may mean some clubs moving from their tried and trusted race nights, but as long as they're given the thumbs up from the stadium owners to ride on a certain night then sacrifices might have to be made.

We're seeing more and more riders riding in both leagues these days so it's an increasing problem but I'm not sure racing on an unusual race night for some clubs would harm there attendance any more or less than fixtures with so many missing riders on their normal race night.

Pure rubbish, do you not think most clubs would change their nights if they had a choice. Belle Vue must be rubbing their hands that they will not have to race anymore on a Monday night. Ipswich always get a better gate on a Saturday night than they do on a Thursday. That's why years ago more matches were on a Friday or Saturday night than any other night of the week because then they had a choice.

• Like 1

Pure rubbish, do you not think most clubs would change their nights if they had a choice. Belle Vue must be rubbing their hands that they will not have to race anymore on a Monday night. Ipswich always get a better gate on a Saturday night than they do on a Thursday. That's why years ago more matches were on a Friday or Saturday night than any other night of the week because then they had a choice.

Crikey. Saturday nights didn't even enter the equation Mavis. It will be week days. Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

To be fair Ipswich could never run regularly on a Saturday as it would clash with the stadium owners beloved Stock car events, Friday would be good though for youngsters to attend with no school the next day!

Of course team selection could be an issue depending on how far the regular race nights topic went as there are currently alot of Friday night teams in both leagues.

Suffice to say any potential ideas would have to be looked at in great depth.

How about Friday as the main night with Sunday the alternative

Only joking but it would be interesting to see how the numbers changed if they did move race night to a Friday, it might attract a few more and if it was not just speedway but say another two wheeled sport (short track) or junior championships on the new bikes being developed etc then it might attract a new base of supporters and widen the appeal. Something needs to be done in general within the sport given the dated presentation and the punter needs to feel that they are being entertained and getting value for money.

15 races over two hours no longer cuts it for many. As an old long time follower I remember some banger races following the speedway meetings at Rayleigh and while I,m not suggesting for one minute that this is an option, it was dear old Uncle Len who would try most things to get the punters in and I can never remember large numbers leaving after heat 13, most stayed for the second half and you still saw quality racing with the up and coming riders given a chance against the main team members. All good fun and fun is what is missing a lot of the time now.

Any team announcement yet? Or are keeping it a secret and hoping no one finds out.

Fridays is any good, that's darts night. Thursdays would be good for me.

1.boo

2.boo

3.barley

4.mcgrew

5.Cuthbert

6.dibble

7.grub

It's probably what will be left when all the other promoters have picked their riders😅

Edited by T B

1.boo

2.boo

3.barley

4.mcgrew

5.Cuthbert

6.dibble

7.grub

It's probably what will be left when all the other promoters have picked their riders

You mean;

1 Pugh

2 Pugh

3 Barney McGrew

4 Cuthbert

5 Dibble

6 Grubb

7 3pt NL rider

• Like 2

You mean;

1 Pugh

2 Pugh

3 Barney McGrew

4 Cuthbert

5 Dibble

6 Grubb

7 3pt NL rider

Ah yes, thanks for correcting me.

How about Friday as the main night with Sunday the alternative

Only joking but it would be interesting to see how the numbers changed if they did move race night to a Friday, it might attract a few more and if it was not just speedway but say another two wheeled sport (short track) or junior championships on the new bikes being developed etc then it might attract a new base of supporters and widen the appeal. Something needs to be done in general within the sport given the dated presentation and the punter needs to feel that they are being entertained and getting value for money.

15 races over two hours no longer cuts it for many. As an old long time follower I remember some banger races following the speedway meetings at Rayleigh and while I,m not suggesting for one minute that this is an option, it was dear old Uncle Len who would try most things to get the punters in and I can never remember large numbers leaving after heat 13, most stayed for the second half and you still saw quality racing with the up and coming riders given a chance against the main team members. All good fun and fun is what is missing a lot of the time now.

With an absent Number 1 or aren't we signing Danny that should boost the crowd............glad you mentioned Len we could nick his advert

Make it a date

No one at eight.

With an absent Number 1 or aren't we signing Danny that should boost the crowd............glad you mentioned Len we could nick his advert

Make it a date

No one at eight.

It'll be no one at 7.45 unless we see a half decent side!

1.boo

2.boo

3.barley

4.mcgrew

5.Cuthbert

6.dibble

7.grub

It's probably what will be left when all the other promoters have picked their riders

Boo Boo and Barley are signing for Glasgow, isnt everyone, Mcgrew and Cuthbert will need visas before signing, Grub has signed and is on £120 per point according to some on here, and Officer Dibble is needed by Top Cat after a spate of cat burglaries.