British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Ok i've looked at the team and thought things for a while and yer i'm quite happy with it tbh.

Danny King -You know what your gonna get from Danny tapes up and away he goes a true number one that will win heat 1 more times than not . Ok could look for his race partner at times but so be it go out and win them races Danny

James Sarjeant - Yer happy with this one James looked good when guesting at foxhall last season , mind you better have plenty of spare tapes !! . Still young and learning but has got talent just needs a little control at the tapes.

Lewis - Hoping he's fully recoverd and ready to go , was near on perfect when he came visiting with the Diamonds last season more of the same please Lewis

Morten Risager- mmmmm yes i have moaned about Morten alot and yes from what i've seen loves the white line but in this team should be a solid 6-7 pointman . As a 2nd string will score plenty at foxhall

Nico Covatti - Don't need to say anything .

Paco Castagna, only saw him in 16 lapper and that was nothing to get excited about but hopefully with his pal Nico helping him he could add at least a point to his 3.33 average . A gamble maybe but with the top 4 we have was always going to be a long tail

Darryl Ritchings, don't really know much about him at all but the poster SCB on here says good things about him he's got his chance so good luck to him show us what you can do lad.

Edited by Pob

Personally I thnk it's pretty average.

Kings class at this level but Covatti started at reserve last year and will undoubtably find it tougher riding in the likely no 5 position.

Risager is very hit and miss and their are big question marks against Kerr, especially early doors, if two of the top 4 have quiet nights I think you could struggle especially away.

A good season will depend heavily on Kerr and Castagna significantly improving their starting averages.

Well Ive had a good ponder about the team which is not so unlike team being talked about for the last few days. But I hear Hilton has bit the dust and am very pleased about that never did know what the hell he was doing all last season and was why Hawkins left in a cloud. Simmons to come back I hear well an improvement on Hilton will leave it at that.

Danny King good a No1 as you will find 10/10

Nico Covatti brilliant signing and wonderful to watch 10/10

Lewis Kerr brilliant at foxhall last season lets hope he recovers totally from that horrendous crash 9/10

Morten Risager a real step backwards surely there was an up and coming rider better on his average 3/10

James Sargeant well very up and coming if he can stop his tapes disqualifications and better than Neilsen as the fifth rider 7/10

Paco Castagna totally unknown but now an asset Im sure he will improve his 3.33 especially with Nico's help 6/10

Daryll Ritchings been around a little while and having awful crashes must have held him back but a real gamble 3/10

So adding up my ratings it makes 48/70 so 68.57% so basing the team on that it looks slightly above average and a little better then last season but looks very vulnerable at reserve.

I will be surprised if the Witches win any silverware, well prove me wrong lads.

I'm fairly happy with that team

Would have preferred to have snatched Jacobsen from Rye House before Peterborough and used him instead of Risager :)

Shame that Morris misses out, made a big impact on the team this year

Well Ive had a good ponder about the team which is not so unlike team being talked about for the last few days. But I hear Hilton has bit the dust and am very pleased about that never did know what the hell he was doing all last season and was why Hawkins left in a cloud. Simmons to come back I hear well an improvement on Hilton will leave it at that.

Danny King good a No1 as you will find 10/10

Nico Covatti brilliant signing and wonderful to watch 10/10

Lewis Kerr brilliant at foxhall last season lets hope he recovers totally from that horrendous crash 9/10

Morten Risager a real step backwards surely there was an up and coming rider better on his average 3/10

James Sargeant well very up and coming if he can stop his tapes disqualifications and better than Neilsen as the fifth rider 7/10

Paco Castagna totally unknown but now an asset Im sure he will improve his 3.33 especially with Nico's help 6/10

Daryll Ritchings been around a little while and having awful crashes must have held him back but a real gamble 3/10

So adding up my ratings it makes 48/70 so 68.57% so basing the team on that it looks slightly above average and a little better then last season but looks very vulnerable at reserve.

I will be surprised if the Witches win any silverware, well prove me wrong lads.

Will be OK if he sits still. Anticipating the starts will keep getting him excluded.

I think it's an ok team. If the top 4 click it could be awsome. If Kerr and risager fall short, then it could be a long hot summer. I hope one can safely presume that the promotion are aware not just of Kerrs fitness, but also his state of mind following such an horrific crash. If he rides at foxhall like he did for Newcastle last year, then I think we could have a season to enjoy.

Kings class at this level but Covatti started at reserve last year and will undoubtably find it tougher riding in the likely no 5 position.

Risager is very hit and miss and their are big question marks against Kerr, especially early doors, if two of the top 4 have quiet nights I think you could struggle especially away.

A good season will depend heavily on Kerr and Castagna significantly improving their starting averages.

Nah not having that. Covatti moved up from reserve after the first set of averages. Rode at number 3 from May until June and then rode at 5 from July until October and was still flying.

If anything, he got better as the season wore on.

• Like 4

nice trolling attempt

rode at number 5 from july and apart from his injury was flying.

wont find it tough at all

• Like 2

Pete Simmons is nailed on to return. The clues were there a couple of weeks ago. Both Simmons and the official Witches twitter account were following each other whilst he was team manager, then both "unfollowed" when he left, and both have now followed again at the same time a fortnight ago.

When a question was put to Pete that his twitter bio of "EX" Ipswich team manager was innacurate now, he favourited the tweet.

Could be 2+2 making 46, but I doubt it.

By the way, great to have a Castagna in the team again for nostalgia purposes!

And today Simmons has followed James Sarjeant, Covatti, Darryl Ritchings, Paco Castagna and Mike Bacon. Just name him and be done with it.

Team looks good to me I'm excited to see some new faces. That top four should score plenty between them!

• Like 1

There's a few references on here to weak looking reserves.

Each team has to have an NL 3 pointer, so we're all in the same boat there. I don't profess to be a great expert on NL riders, but I trust Louis as an ex rider to be able to spot one of the better ones.

The majority of us wanted a more top heavy team and with that you have to accept that you are not going to have a 4 - 5 point reserve.

I think it looks decent and there's only 42.5 points available!

• Like 1

Nah not having that. Covatti moved up from reserve after the first set of averages. Rode at number 3 from May until June and then rode at 5 from July until October and was still flying.

If anything, he got better as the season wore on.

nice trolling attempt

rode at number 5 from july and apart from his injury was flying.

wont find it tough at all

Very true just got better and better as the season went on well apart from the injury. Nico will be pushing mid 8 in the averages . King and Covatti for the pairs title ?