British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Spot on. Whatever we did with Covatti this year it worked. A truly exciting rider who never gives up. I think if he stays injury free he could become a witches legend. And as most of you know I am normally pessimistic.

Well let's hope that when they prepare the track they give him that outside line of dirt that he likes .

I'm hoping some of the weaker teams visit foxhall first, as I think it could take a few meetings for a few of them to get going. Because of this I fancy another season of crashing and burning. Don't know what louis saw in paco, but I hope he saw more than was displayed at the 16 lapper. I don't see him scoring much to start with. Another makinen?

So all in all I think mid table, but with nico in the team it keeps it enjoyable. It could be another season of doing better away than at home. Oh and I'm pleased with Sargent, just start the meeting 10 mins earlier to cover for all the jump starts.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Well it's a team that on its day, will beat most, but when it has a stinker, its likely to be horrific!

King and Covatti will score 20 a meeting between them, throw in Kerr and Risager when your looking at 15 maybe? Sarjeant 6, so thats 41..... then down to your reserves.... on paper, there awful IMO, but Paco might be better than expected.

Covatti started at reserve last year and will undoubtably find it tougher riding in the likely no 5 position.

Must just check where Covatti rode most of last season!

Well it's a team that on its day, will beat most, but when it has a stinker, its likely to be horrific!

King and Covatti will score 20 a meeting between them, throw in Kerr and Risager when your looking at 15 maybe? Sarjeant 6, so thats 41..... then down to your reserves.... on paper, there awful IMO, but Paco might be better than expected.

Are they? I'm not so sure. We're really talking about one reserve here as everyone will be tracking a NL 3 pointer. Ritchings will be better than most.

When you go top heavy, you have to have low averaged reserves it's a simple as that. Castagna is a shoe in to put at least a point on a 3.33 average IMO.

On the official teams for 2016 thread it's stated that Kerr & Sarjeant both get a reduction. Kerr is 6.85 & Sarjeant 4.88 so our team total is 42.01. We could've still used Lewis Rose instead of Castagna as his 3.84 ave would be due a reduction down to 3.74 which would put our total to 42.42.

I suppose it has to do with doubling up as we would have four in the team and if we clashed with a Coventry v King's Lynn match we would lose all four, but that's something the fixture compilers could sort out.

Edited by Bash

Nah not having that. Covatti moved up from reserve after the first set of averages. Rode at number 3 from May until June and then rode at 5 from July until October and was still flying.

If anything, he got better as the season wore on.

So you are telling me he only rode half the season at no 5, which is basically what I was saying.

It's still early doors but I haven't seen anything yet that stands out although Newcastle look better than last year already.

So you are telling me he only rode half the season at no 5, which is basically what I was saying.

LOL nice try!

Looking at the team I have no complaints. Crucial riders will be Lewis and Paco I think. If both can put a point on their averages then we have a chance of winning something next year. I saw Paco at the 16 lapper and wasn't that impressed but I seem to remember he arrived late and had bike trouble. I have had a Quick look at his away scores at the end of last season and there was a couple of 5+3 scores and a 4+1. That bodes well if he can score like that on the away tracks. So long as Lewis comes back to how he was scoring before he got injured he will be challanging for the second heat leader slot. James will only improve imo. Everyone says he jumps at the start and sometimes admittedly he does but also he has great reactions. We see it all the time when refs pull a start back when someone actually makes the perfect start.some are saying we will have a Long tail but so will almost every other team. Having a top heavy team is the way to go otherwise you will lose heats 13 and 15 every time. With this team I would hope that if we are within a point or two going into the last three heats we would come out on top by the end.

What was said in the report about tungate? Heeps? Hilton?

“It was such a tough decision for Phil and myself to make, but after lengthy discussions we felt that after a real baptism of fire this season and an almost completely new team for 2016, it was the right thing. I really hope that this is not the last we see of Phil in an official role at the club. He gave 100% to the job throughout a very difficult season and on so many occasions showed just how much passion he has for the sport and in particular this club.”

http://www.ipswichwitches.co/index.php/component/content/article/1019-witches-name-full-lineup-for-next-year

Nothing has been said about either Heeps or Tungate in today's paper Baldy.

It's still early doors but I haven't seen anything yet that stands out although Newcastle look better than last year already.

That isn't what you were basically saying at all. You said and I quote, "Covatti started at reserve last year and will undoubtably find it tougher riding in the likely no 5 position."

He rode a fully four months of the season riding at number 5 and didn't find it "tougher" at all, he was like shi t off a shovel.

Edited by CardinalSin