Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

The talk of Castanga reaching a 5 average is way OTT if he makes a 4 average he will have upped his average by 0.67 and that in its own context will be very good. But why Louis has picked Ritchings and Risager is beyond me, it must be down to costs what else could it be? Risager has always been a failure ever since Louis so unfortuately signing him and was not good enough last season so WHY??? sign him for next season??? What can we expect from Ritchings, he average 6 in the National league so what in hell caught Louis eye about him?

Just a thought but is it possible that risagers season away might just have pepped him up a bit. I'm not defending him, just saying it might be possible. Castanga looked poor in the 16 lapper but he could have been on board a crap motor. Let's just suck it and see!

Edited by T B

The talk of Castanga reaching a 5 average is way OTT if he makes a 4 average he will have upped his average by 0.67 and that in its own context will be very good. But why Louis has picked Ritchings and Risager is beyond me, it must be down to costs what else could it be? Risager has always been a failure ever since Louis so unfortuately signing him and was not good enough last season so WHY??? sign him for next season??? What can we expect from Ritchings, he average 6 in the National league so what in hell caught Louis eye about him?

Ritchings final average was 7.32, and to be honest there was only 4 or 5 riders with a better average, and I dare say a couple of those are going to be racing for their more local club and the best rider is probably going to somerset, what with their connection with Poole.

And we can probably guess why morten is in the team

Edited by baldyman

Ipswich are such a poor side, their fans must be devastated.

you know that puppet your mum bought you?

I think it may have got more kicks in on you than the other way round........

For a start, I'm glad Louis has drew the line with messrs Tungate and Heeps as their inconsistency and treading water progress has hindered the team!

The new top 5 looks to me potentially strong, albeit very much dependant on Kerr recovering his pre crash form which obviously is a big if.

Yes Risager is old hat, favoured because of Louis family links and isn't going to get much better now but he had a solid season at Plymouth where I reckon he didn't particularly want to go to and if he gets a similar average next season will serve the team well cause messrs King, Covatti and Kerr are well capable of all being 8 point men with King capable of 9+.

Sargeant looks like he has more improvement in him, has experience the PL and riding the tight Foxhall circuit every week should bring him on?

The reserves look very weak to me!

Ritchings has been about a while now, had a massive crash in his career and wasn't a stand out rider last season in a National League that was of a standard way below the PL. Riding at a much tougher, faster standard on a home track that is notoriously difficult for those who've never been there before to master will be very, very difficult for the lad. His saving grace maybe is that there will be other weak looking No 7's in the PL next season?

Castagna struggled for Sheffield last season on a track that would be more similar to the European tracks hes rode on than Ipswich. He didn't look good in the 16 lapper which yes was just one meeting at the end of the season. Seems like he got the chance because of who his father is.

Can't see the team pulling up any trees with the weak looking reserve pairing and if 1-2 of the top 5 have below par seasons then the Witches could seriously struggle!

Edited by 25yearfan

For a start, I'm glad Louis has drew the line with messrs Tungate and Heeps as their inconsistency and treading water progress has hindered the team!

The new top 5 looks to me potentially strong, albeit very much dependant on Kerr recovering his pre crash form which obviously is a big if.

Yes Risager is old hat, favoured because of Louis family links and isn't going to get much better now but he had a solid season at Plymouth where I reckon he didn't particularly want to go to and if he gets a similar average next season will serve the team well cause messrs King, Covatti and Kerr are well capable of all being 8 point men with King capable of 9+.

Sargeant looks like he has more improvement in him, has experience the PL and riding the tight Foxhall circuit every week should bring him on?

The reserves look very weak to me!

Ritchings has been about a while now, had a massive crash in his career and wasn't a stand out rider last season in a National League that was of a standard way below the PL. Riding at a much tougher, faster standard on a home track that is notoriously difficult for those who've never been there before to master will be very, very difficult for the lad. His saving grace maybe is that there will be other weak looking No 7's in the PL next season?

Castagna struggled for Sheffield last season on a track that would be more similar to the European tracks hes rode on than Ipswich. He didn't look good in the 16 lapper which yes was just one meeting at the end of the season. Seems like he got the chance because of who his father is.

Can't see the team pulling up any trees with the weak looking reserve pairing and if 1-2 of the top 5 have below par seasons then the Witches could seriously struggle!

a very good post, quite agree with the reserves, ritchings is a poor choice I'm sure there are a lot better and Castagna is in because of his last name, he is no Armando thats for sure he really struggled at Sheffield on a big open track but we will see he may surprise us all

King & Covatti are the stand outs in this team

Risager as people have stated will be solid but not spectacular

Sarjeant will excite, frustrate but should improve

Kerr if recovered well will improve

Castagna - lets not judge, as we saw with Covatti he improved - i think Castagna could get to 4.5-ish

If Ritchings can achieve 3.5 then happy days - 2nd or 3rd at home infront of the other 3pter or consistantly 3rd away from home is the max you can ask for

not sure if it fits but i would have sacrificed Castagna/Risager for Morris & Ellis

Edited by Electric6

No lie - Sarjent was outstanding towards the end of the seaon. Looked more like a 7 pointer. I think he'll progress. Don't know why Glasgow got rid of him on 4.88 tbh

• Like 4

No lie - Sarjent was outstanding towards the end of the seaon. Looked more like a 7 pointer. I think he'll progress. Don't know why Glasgow got rid of him on 4.88 tbh

it wont be for money :lol:

People slagging off the signing of Risager are quite clueless really.

Yes we all know he is dating Chris Louis daughter but thats the only reason.

At home his points will be invaluable.

Maybe would struggle as a heat leader but will there be a better second string in the league especially at home where we threw away a lot of points last season. If Kerr struggles to start with then he would go second string so we should be to good at home for a lot of teams.

• Like 1

Maybe would struggle as a heat leader but will there be a better second string in the league especially at home where we threw away a lot of points last season. If Kerr struggles to start with then he would go second string so we should be to good at home for a lot of teams.

Totally agree he did a great job for the devils home and away and was very highly thought of by the fans and management
  • Like 2

Risager rode very well for Plymouth against Newcastle this year and gave Kyle Newman very good backup. He was faster than normal going into the bends and didn't always stick to white lining like you expect him to. Better rider this year that last year.

• Like 1

Many thanks for your expressions of concern.

I'm happy with the team. There are some ifs and buts, however I think you will probably end up saying that about every team as they are announced.

It's all speculation until March. Let's hope for a season of entertaining and enjoyable speedway!

i think ippo have a good side and will be in the running @ the business end of the season .