Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

I'm a rock fan personally, love a bit of Maiden or ACDC, Guns and Roses etc, My particular favourite though is gothic rock...although I can be found quite happily bopping away to 80's music from time to time.

I don't like old style heavy metal. A bit of guns and roses is okay ish. Modern style metal is totally different. I like dance music from the 80's and one or two of the bands.

So how many league matches are we going to lose before its to late? Or will our team improve enough to make a play off place? Currently played 3 lost 3 in the league.

Edited by baldyman

Drop King or covatti and you could bring in cookie!

Paco looks a bargain on that average.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::D

• Like 1

New averages (2016 matches only)

King 8.67 down 0.87

Covatti 8.00 up 0.45

Risager 6.67 down 0.19

Kerr 6.12 down 0.73

Sarjeant 4.91 up 0.03

Castagna 2.71 down 0.62

Ritchings 1.88 down 1.12

Total 38.95 down 3.05

I still believe the issues we have are with Kerr and Richings.

• Like 1

Kerr certainly hasn't been anything like I thought he would be. Strange style on the bike to. He never moves back to get his weight nearer the back wheel.

New averages (2016 matches only)

King 8.67 down 0.87

Covatti 8.00 up 0.45

Risager 6.67 down 0.19

Kerr 6.12 down 0.73

Sarjeant 4.91 up 0.03

Castagna 2.71 down 0.62

Ritchings 1.88 down 1.12

Total 38.95 down 3.05

of course with the rolling averages and the min 3 assessed for Paco and Daryl we are officially only just under the limit so very little scope for changes of any significance.

A few harsh comments re Daryl IMO. I think he has performed very well. Only 3or4 of the no7s will achieve a 3+ average and most will be 2 or less.

Shanes has been the name touted as an option. Im very surprised no one went for him which seems to indicate he may not be interested this year anyway???

• Like 1

of course with the rolling averages and the min 3 assessed for Paco and Daryl we are officially only just under the limit so very little scope for changes of any significance.

A few harsh comments re Daryl IMO. I think he has performed very well. Only 3or4 of the no7s will achieve a 3+ average and most will be 2 or less.

Shanes has been the name touted as an option. Im very surprised no one went for him which seems to indicate he may not be interested this year anyway???

Crikey that's a bit OTT! He hasn't "performed very well" at all, not even close.

Nobody should be expecting miracles from some of these guys, but you have to be beating your opposite number at home regularly and he isn't even doing that.

To be fair, the lad has himself admitted as much.

I think Ritchings has been one of the top performers in the national league so far.

Which makes his scoring (or non scoring) for Ipswich even worse. As I say miracles not expected obviously, but he HAS been underperforming in the PL so far lets not kid ourselves.
  • Like 1

Well in the 4 heat 2's at home he has finished in front of paco 3 out of the 4, but he isn't the opposition.

Not sure what to do with them myself, but I'm more disappointed in a couple of other riders more than Ritchings

Edited by baldyman

If Danyon Hume continues his progress he should be ready for next season

Edited by GWC
  • Like 1

Crikey that's a bit OTT! He hasn't "performed very well" at all, not even close.

Nobody should be expecting miracles from some of these guys, but you have to be beating your opposite number at home regularly and he isn't even doing that.

To be fair, the lad has himself admitted as much.

Which makes his scoring (or non scoring) for Ipswich even worse. As I say miracles not expected obviously, but he HAS been underperforming in the PL so far lets not kid ourselves.

many of the no7s he has been up against so far have been more experienced or highly rated- morley perry wachiject(no1 at the nl club daryl is no4 at)

Id say he held his own against bailey and greaves

He certainly hasnt let himself or the club down. The fact that he is critical of himself and a bit disappointed so far is a good sign re his attitude and commitment.

We need to persevere with the no7s. Seems strange when some are wanting to give them the boot after half a dozen meetings when previously the likes of Konopka have had extended runs at a number of clubs.

British speedway needs to get a decent proportion of these and then more in following years in higher positions to help stabalise and secure the future.

• Like 7

I know I've said it before but I'll say it again - Darryl seems a really great bloke, who has come back from a terrible injury, but there were, and still are, better PL No. 7's around than him. One second place, beating Zach W, in eight heats against the Rebels, I think, reflects Darryl's true ability in the PL. I remember some of the comments when pictures were tweeted from the Trattoria Castagna, along the lines of 'who's the big lad' and 'he seems to have spent the close season on the sofa eating doughnuts'. There are motor bike riders and then there are speedway riders.

There may have been a reason why he didn't, and why he won't, but CL should have tried to bring James Shanes in as the Witches No. 7. The most entertaining young rider I saw last season and seems to be a terrific kid. He would've made a great Witches asset and along with Hume could have formed the basis of a Witches future team for ten years or more - just like in the successful days in the 70's. I would also have liked to see BWD at Foxhall this season, and CL must have been considering it as he tried to have a look at him in a meeting last season, but it didn't happen in the end. Witches loss, at the moment, appears to be Rebels gain.

Now, let's start dispelling all the doom & gloom following back to back losses to the Rebels. Ipswich have twelve days to draw breath before the KOC match against the Rickets. Will CL make a change? Should he? I think he should but he won't. I am useless at math, but I would like to see both Shanes and Ty Proctor brought into the team - though, of course, Witches won't have a sponsor's licence I suppose. The Witches should always have one Aussie in their team. The boxing kangaroo in the pits demands that.

So what can we, as fans, do about it. Well, supporting and not sniping is a good place to start, and to that end, I will be making my first visit to Foxhall this season on 12 May - weather, health, transport and the absence of a plague of locusts willing. I will bring along a dozen blue clangers clappers, as brainstormed by Baldyman, for the Forum members to utilise to generate a bit of noise and, hopefully, keep us warm and have a bit of a laff. That's if you guys don't go and hide and I'm left with a dozen blue clappers to get a right dose of the clap on my own.

I have tweeted my old mate Ed Sheeran and asked him if he fancies popping along to Foxhall for a watch and to knock out a tune - if you don't ask, you don't get - and he can only say 'No' - or just ignore my tweet, I suppose.

There was a mention about the PA system on the back straight being poor - so we won't hear Ed when he warbles. Has anyone brought this to the General Manager's attention? OK it is not the Club's problem to fix, but it is a problem that affects their fans and it should be up to Mr Smillie (whatever he does) to arrange to have this issue resolved with whoever owns the stadium and the sound system these days, I do not want to assume the role of Ipswich Forum spokesperson, but I am on Facechat, Snapbook, Twatter, etc. - though not Tinder as yet, and can always put a stamp on an envelope and put it in one of those funny red box things that I see on the streets. If the problem still exists at the Rye Mouse match, I will get onto the GM.

Ok, that's my little contribution, anyone else got any ideas to brighten up the current situation? I'll leave it to you, Baldyman to get the girl with the big Tatts and her haunted Gothic mansion friends to come along and entertain us - and give you a thrill and a little lift in the right direction.

Remember that, at least until Sunday 14 May, the Witches have the League (tenuous I know), KO Cup, Fours and Pairs to try and win.

• Like 2

TBF to Louis he did publically state a few weeks ago that he was bitterly disappointed with the start of the season and it wouldn't be allowed to continue indefinitely.

Actions speak louder than words of course, but having read the attendance was very very poor on Thursday I don't think Louis can afford to sit on his hands and not be proactive if the team don't improve quickly.

• Like 1

I see Gino has tweeted this morning that he scored an 18 point max in his first meeting of the season.

Not sure what meeting it was or how strong/competitive, but a great first meeting nonetheless.

With Tungate hitting his second consecutive max at Somerset and Heeps also starting the season well at Rye, then it kind of rubs salt in to the wounds with our poor start!

• Like 1

Sorry macca - I may have to give 12th May a miss unless the other commitment changes.

• Like 1

I see Gino has tweeted this morning that he scored an 18 point max in his first meeting of the season.

Not sure what meeting it was or how strong/competitive, but a great first meeting nonetheless.

With Tungate hitting his second consecutive max at Somerset and Heeps also starting the season well at Rye, then it kind of rubs salt in to the wounds with our poor start!

AMA qualifier.

• Like 1