British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

I totally agree there has been lots of dirt too deep to use......

....too deep to use as its been buried under a foot of rock hard top surface!

• Like 1

I totally agree there has been lots of dirt too deep to use......

....too deep to use as its been buried under a foot of rock hard top surface!

I like Louis, but he doesn't really help himself sometimes with comments like this.

We're not daft!

• Like 2

"That includes Ritchie, myself and even Bob the trackman. That plays a key role; making sure the track is how we want and I've read lots of stuff about the track not having enough dirt on it. Actually the track has had too much dirt on it at times and they haven't been able to use it, it's been too deep."http://www.ipswichwitches.co/story/pivotal-meetings-to-our-seasonYup, okay Chris!​

Haha haha haha haha

• Like 1

So if we have a blue groove and are down to the Base after a few races tomorrow, does that mean there is too much dirt? I'm confused.

• Like 2

Will we even make the top 10?????? I predicted we would make the play offs but I thought we would finish at least 7th or 8th. And what's happened to paco?? It did look like he may kick on a few meetings back. Now he really is a white liner at foxhall.

• Like 1

If we didn't already know what we know already about next season, I would fear for the Club's future, their true fans sanity and Chris Louis' health.

Right, putting it out there: what the heck is wrong with the Club and the majority of its fans? Are they, blind, thick, biased, or just plain stupid? Why do so many shy away from questioning the goings on at a club, which once gave the whole town such an immense sense of pride, entertainment and success? Did Ipswich speedway die alongside Billy Sanders in Nacton Woods on 23 April 1985? As, apart from the Grand Slam season, what has there been to be proud of and associate with? Why is it, when genuine criticism is offered on here, do posters who are apparently linked to the "inner sanctum" , come on here and defend the Club so arrogantly and unnecessarily? Why is CL so notable by his absence and impersonal posts on Social Media?

Why is it that a number of Ipswich fans seem to be "dead from the neck upwards", seeming to shy away from and be embarrassed by a small group trying to have fun and create an atmosphere? Does Foxhall really get invaded and populated by zombies on a race night ( you can't say Thursday night anymore??

If this post offends anyone (for example, Captain Pugwash, Bloomy, HKP, Catch 22, Colin, or whomever), I apologise, but I for one have had enough and am voting with my feet and will be following his speedway elsewhere from now on.

Is it just an "Ipswich thing" as the Football Club is going through a similar malaise.

This is the Club that had to have an SOS campaign a few years ago and was saved by its fans, backed by the late Jamie Caan and Tim Woodward, both massive speedway fans, so it is more of a fans's Club than most.

Why can Rye House get it so right this season and Ipswich get it seemingly so wrong? They both work with the same product, pool of riders, regulations and track surface to work with?

To my mind, yesterday, was magnificent. Today could be too,if only we all pull together.

And in the same direction.

Edited by macca56

In all the years I've been going to speedway, that's the first time I've ever seen other supporters move from their seats to sit somewhere else cos we trying to get something going. The looks of disgust from people will forever stay in my memory.........not. I'm really sorry if a small group of us stopped you doing your knitting or whatever it was that disgusted you so much.

• Like 1

I have to confess that of late the BSF section at Foxhall has become a tad boisterous and unruly but hey its only a bit of fun.

Let's be honest, with alot of the dross that's been on show this season we need to do something to lighten the mood.

Long may it continue and to those that made an exit to pastures new we will be back to our usual home in the back straight main stand when it reopens

" If you don't like us creating an atmosphere don't come near us ! "

• Like 1

What's that russ Abbott song...... Oh what an atmosphere, I love speedway meeting with a happy atmosphere......something like that anyway

• Like 1

In all the years I've been going to speedway, that's the first time I've ever seen other supporters move from their seats to sit somewhere else cos we trying to get something going. The looks of disgust from people will forever stay in my memory.........not. I'm really sorry if a small group of us stopped you doing your knitting or whatever it was that disgusted you so much.

Totally aghast with the reaction we received last night, from the moment I walked into the stadium with my "party bag" after Heat 1 as, once again there was no one in the car park at the time I drove in at 7:44pm last night, to assist me park quickly, to maybe enable me not to miss Heat 1 having been delayed in the A14 driving back from a personal trip to Sheffield. To finding Belmont Road, Ip2 9R being closed and a diversion in place after 7:30PM which delayed me even more, to having only one lady, bless her, left on the turnstiles by the time I eventually got there last night.

I am angry and frustrated by the current goings on at Foxhall Heath, which, despite what Captain Pugwash has posted, IMO, stink currently, The Presenter exempted.

I received 10o% better customer care and service from the Sledeworth bar tender, last night before and after the meeting, when You, Bruv of Bruv and me met and had a chat with the brilliant Paulco and his incredible offsider, Willie, last night, than I have received from anyone else at my three visits to Foxhall this season - supporters club personnel, including ticket sellers, excepted.

Maybe Captain Pugwash and the rest of the "inner sanctum" believe that they are bullet proof or maybe they just treat their paying customers with so much disdain and arrogance, that they have omitted to remember that some of us attend other speedway venues other than Foxhall Heath, so that we can directly compare the product and customer care and service proffered at Foxhall.

As you are only too aware, lol, I am attending speedway at Hoddesdon too this year and, having recently exchanged my old Leon Cupra for a new Leon, I now have a Rye House car sticker in my rear window rather than a BBC Radio Suffolk Witches sticker ..... which tells a story in itself.

Currently Team BMR Rockets and Raiders, customer service, friendliness inclusiveness and level of entertainment provided, would rank in my opinion at 9.5 out of 10. The Ipswich tru7.com Tippers 'R' Us Witches, I would comparatively rank, excluding, the Ipswich 2016 ipswich Massif's contribution I would personally rank at 0.5 out of 10. If there was an Exit Poll,

I have Pm'd you and Bruv as I am still fuming about last night. It is the first time ever since 1970 that the programme I bought has not been filled in as, after, missing Heat 1, I never got to catch up and I thought the whole evening was dire, with the exception of the Mexican Wave attempts, Bruv's Bruv's brilliant megaphone "playing", some bubbles, Pob's Billy Joel impression, sorry again Pob, SB's paper aeroplane attempts plus his yo-yo skills, Beer Huts mix and pik, the "blue balls", Beer Hut's attempts at the megaphone, SB's almost rebellious air horn threat, Beer Hat's lad's contributions and the West Ham bubbles and the brilliant pre Heat 15 War Cry, oh, and a couple of passes on track, the whole "entertainment" package provided by the current promotion set-up was dire, in my humble opinion, based on following speedway from 1969 and at Foxhall from the Thursday after JL finished third in the 1975 World Final.

If there had been an Exit Poll conducted after last night's meeting, excluding the 2016 Ipswich Witches BSF Massif's contribution, the customer care provided by the Spedeworth bar tender, the contribution of the Glasgow fans, meeting Paulco and his amazing offsider Willie, who offered more kind words about Billy Sanders than the majority of Ipswich Witches fans, the contribution of the Supporters'Club and a few Witches fans who joined in, I would've rated at 0.5 out of 10. My latest visit to Hoddesdon, I would personally rate at 9.5 out of 10, which kinda tells a story.

This smacks of a business being run down prior to offloading and we are the ones to suffer the consequences, which is very dangerous as, attracting disaffected fans and / or new ones to speedway is, as we know, not easy.

How anyone can come on here and say that last night's meeting was anything better than an Exit Poll 2.5 out of 10, I do not know. Were there really six passes? I remember two from the Fourteen heats I was able to watch after my late arrival from my trip to Sheffield.

As an aside, do you think that the Glasgow riders thought that they had an extra dozen fans there last night, given the reception we gave them? And, do you think that, maybe, six of the current 1 to 7 know that they are not in next year's plans and they are riding accordingly?

And, did we lend the cowbell and drumsticks to the Surrey Weegies? And if so, will you recover it when you watch the Witches match there in August? Thanks.

Edited by macca56

You need to stop holding back and start telling it as it really is😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I will respond to your pm later mate

• Like 3

You forgot the warcry!

#support the boys make some noise

PS oh no he didnt .... Oh yes he did!?

Pps I can remember more about the off track action than what happened on it

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

Yes Macca you did 'donate' the cow bell to the 'Surrey Weegies' along with a hula hoop and sone glow sticks!!

My eldest son discovered the megaphone this morning and took great delight using it to wake his younger brother.

Whilst I will be far more reserved in my post that Macca (understatement) it was sad that our attempts to make some noise and have a bit of fun were looked upon by others as if aliens had landed. Although im not sure whether it was disdain disgust or mild bemusement on their faces.

It does show how things have changed though as much of our antics were common place in years gone - whistles tickertape and banter etc

Personally I would rate it higher than 2.5 on track last night - not a top drawer thriller but hard fought and close. Decent stuff IMO and better than most this year.

Lastly - thank you Kevin for some good interviews which in the 3rd bend stand could be heard. Thankfully last night you efforts were not wasted and could be rightly appreciated.

• Like 1