British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

IMO.... you will see:

Rohan, Covatti, Heeps and Morris back.

Throw in Ellis, and then couple others.

King is a cert to return as long as he wants another year in the PL.

Would be very surprised to see Tungate return also I think Louis will have lost patience with him this year we'll see.

Hopefully CL will run it for another year or two, can't imagine anybody else wanting to take over. It was mentioned through the season about how many tracks really struggled with attendances this season, obviously down to all the usual problems that have been stated on here numerous times before. So guessing at teams for next season is pointless, I'd be very surprised if cost cutting wasn't top of the agenda, let's face it, Speedway never looks at the good guys who run things properly and break even or make a profit, they feel sorry for the little boys and drag the rest down to their level.

As for next season, I'll wait until the AGM, but as all others have mentioned, no Rohan until he learns how to control a bike when turning left, would also love 7 riders that can ride a grippy track, but there's not much chance of that.

who looks after the commercial side of Ipswich Speedway?

I am positive more can be done with businesses in the local community to generate additional revenue to

a) build a better side

B) balance the books

c) put a bit in the pockets of the promoters

who looks after the commercial side of Ipswich Speedway?

I am positive more can be done with businesses in the local community to generate additional revenue to

a) build a better side

B) balance the books

c) put a bit in the pockets of the promoters

I'd imagine CL does most of that, but I think the sponsorship we get is as good as most teams. Sackers, Seven Asset provide good deals, plus all meetings appear to be sponsored. It cant be easy to get companies to part with their money when there's only 700-1000 people there, so how on earth clubs that struggle to get 600 get on, I don't know

They do have good sponsors yes but my point is that as they have good backers, are they just happy with that? or do they really push it to get every penny out of others? There are lots more opportunities for branding at foxhall but i suppose they don't want to spend the extra ££££

We have a very strong top 2 and they need to be kept. To lose King or Nico would be a travesty.

I would go down the Edinburgh/Glasgow route, have 3 top heat leaders like Cook/Masters/Wolbert Morris/Lawson/Summers

Who that 3rd rider is i dont know.

Then we need a strong back up like Edinburgh have in Sedgeman, personally we could have Richie Worrall is he lower than 7?

Then maybe Ellis and definatly Morris

We have a very strong top 2 and they need to be kept. To lose King or Nico would be a travesty.

I would go down the Edinburgh/Glasgow route, have 3 top heat leaders like Cook/Masters/Wolbert Morris/Lawson/Summers

Who that 3rd rider is i dont know.

Then we need a strong back up like Edinburgh have in Sedgeman, personally we could have Richie Worrall is he lower than 7?

Then maybe Ellis and definatly Morris

Richie Worrall is currently on 7.11 worth considering on that average

Ok work slow so just for a bit of fun how's this

D King 9.39

A Summers 7.96

N Covatti 7.55

R Worrall 7.11

A Morris 4.04

R Branford 3.14

Z Wajknecht 3.00

Very top heavy i know and prob some of the averages may change between now and end of season but bored at work and just for a bit of fun.

• Like 1

That's exactly how a team should be built. Could also swap summers with barker for a bit more at the bottom end. Or Ellis for morris with barker.

What extra fence panels and exclusions lol?

I think all those choices would end up challenging for silverware and would probably win the 4s with ease.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Thats a point just go with King, Covatti, Barker & Garrity fill the team with 3's and target winning the 4's

Its silverware after all

If you want top heavy.

Danny King 9.39

Nike Lunna 4.15

Nico Covatti 7.55

Haertel/Huckenbeck 5.00

Edward Kennett 9.29

Ashley Morris 4.04

Zack Wajknecht 3.00

Should retain the pairs and have a good go at the fours.

a few years ago, workington always built the team top heavy with a suspect tail.. seemed to help out most of the time though. always had decent results when the team was like that. teams just need to find that wee jem a reserve..

a few years ago, workington always built the team top heavy with a suspect tail.. seemed to help out most of the time though. always had decent results when the team was like that. teams just need to find that wee jem a reserve..

Agree with this. If you can get 4 heat leaders in your team like those mentioned above who can all potentially score double figures, while finding a diamond 3 pointer who does a lot better than expected and chips in with decent points then you're laughing.

Would imagine those type of teams are expensive though, with the 4 heat leaders on a decent points money.