British Speedway Forum
Comet Dan

Workington 2016

It's funny how people just look at one rider's past performances and base his future on them without seeing the bigger picture...

Signing Campton (who I don't think is a bad rider at all on an average he should maintain) means Workington start with who should be one of the best reserves in the league in Adam Roynon. If - and it's a big if, he can steer clear of injury, then I'd expect him to exchange places fairly soon with Campton in the top part of the team and that keeps Workington with one exceptionally strong reserve throughout - something we know is pivotal to being right in there at the business end of the season.

• Like 4

Sensible post. Definitely a bit of jumping on the bandwagon/witchhunt going on. I think he'll do ok, as Jenga says 2 years older now, more determination I think. Proctor for me as last signing.

• Like 1

Sensible post. Definitely a bit of jumping on the bandwagon/witchhunt going on. I think he'll do ok, as Jenga says 2 years older now, more determination I think. Proctor for me as last signing.

interesting assessment...

So 'doing ok' in the PL is now the definition of 'performing at the highest level internationally and making a significant contribution to Speedway in Britain' (paraphrased from BSPA migrant policy statement)

interesting assessment...

So 'doing ok' in the PL is now the definition of 'performing at the highest level internationally and making a significant contribution to Speedway in Britain' (paraphrased from BSPA migrant policy statement)

well lets face it the british elitte league isnt is it gotta draft in national league reserves to bail it out

the prem league has been the league to watch for a good few years now i stopped watching that rubish on sky a couple of years ago

yes you have a few good riders /meetings in the elitte league but theres plenty of rubish to go with it

why cant so called fans of the sport grab the idea that any rider who meets the criteria for a visa has the right to travel half way around the world and try to make a living for themselves . workington want his services, he wants to ride for workington . what is the problem ?

you should just be grateful that workington have signed a very weak rider and this make the visits of workington weaker @ away meeting and @ workington .! the job just got easier for you ......... in yer dreams . lol.

• Like 4

I have no problem with Worky or any other team signing a visa qualyfying rider.

I have never stated Campton doesnt meet the criteria.

I have doubted the wisdom of the BSPA deciding to backtrack to a 5 point PL entry average for those riders.

I am also surprised that the UKVI have (it seems) agreed to relent to that figure.

• Like 3

I am also surprised that the UKVI have (it seems) agreed to relent to that figure.

So am I after all the noise and hassle the summer before last.

• Like 1

I have no problem with Worky or any other team signing a visa qualyfying rider.

I have never stated Campton doesnt meet the criteria.

I have doubted the wisdom of the BSPA deciding to backtrack to a 5 point PL entry average for those riders.

Just wonder whether the issue is with 'averages' and how they are calculated. As I've said elsewhere someone can have a green sheet average of say 6.00 but be scoring paid 9 from 4 rides in every match. Under previouis ways of calculating an average he would be a 9!!! yet under the previous criteria he would be chucked out as per Ty proctor last yeari is it fair to penalise a rider who team rides? so assume the 5.00 has perhaps been set to acknowledge this?

• Like 2

not as pathetic as thinking he's coming over to do us a favor ....Back the brits!!!

coming over to do us a favour ? that's your interpretation not mine and I havn't a problem if he is British or from abroad, it's called freedom of choice , just can't understand some people jumping on the lads back before he even arrives in Britain , maybe his previous stint over here did not go as well as was expected but I don't see a problem giving him another chance . I'm sure if Workington's management thought there was a better prospect already here on his average who would be willing to commute to Cumbria weekly they would have given it some consideration

My own opinion is that we will see an improvement in his average this year, couple this with how good he is with the fans and I think he's a good signing. Welcome back Mason.

Seems like he's being made out to be the figure of all that is wrong with the visa issues, wonder what else we can blame him for? The Kennedy Assassination? Global Warming?

It's not his fault, he just wants to race his bike at the highest level he can and see where it gets him, nothing wrong with following your dream Mason, hope it works out for you.

• Like 4

My own opinion is that we will see an improvement in his average this year, couple this with how good he is with the fans and I think he's a good signing. Welcome back Mason.

Seems like he's being made out to be the figure of all that is wrong with the visa issues, wonder what else we can blame him for? The Kennedy Assassination? Global Warming?

It's not his fault, he just wants to race his bike at the highest level he can and see where it gets him, nothing wrong with following your dream Mason, hope it works out for you.

you forgot about mason being involved with the weather gods and giving us plentiful amounts of drinking water !

this weekend may see our final rider named ,if he qualifies . then again , do we need 2 rubbish aussies in our team , so it it easier for the opposition ? of course we do . more ammunition for the other fans doubters . peace and good will to all , except them that doubt .

Edited by jenga

It's funny how people just look at one rider's past performances and base his future on them without seeing the bigger picture...

Signing Campton (who I don't think is a bad rider at all on an average he should maintain) means Workington start with who should be one of the best reserves in the league in Adam Roynon. If - and it's a big if, he can steer clear of injury, then I'd expect him to exchange places fairly soon with Campton in the top part of the team and that keeps Workington with one exceptionally strong reserve throughout - something we know is pivotal to being right in there at the business end of the season.

Have I read this wrong, or have you just described Mason Campton as an exceptionally strong reserve?

and we all know he isn't a reserve . going to be in the main body of the team and hit that 6 point mark .

Edited by jenga

Just wonder whether the issue is with 'averages' and how they are calculated. As I've said elsewhere someone can have a green sheet average of say 6.00 but be scoring paid 9 from 4 rides in every match. Under previouis ways of calculating an average he would be a 9!!! yet under the previous criteria he would be chucked out as per Ty proctor last yeari is it fair to penalise a rider who team rides? so assume the 5.00 has perhaps been set to acknowledge this?

If you score 9 from 4 every meeting you have a 9 point average, not 6! If you score 4 or 5 from 4 every meeting you have an average between 4 and 5 and thats what Mason has got twice.