Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

To be fair, I don't think anybody has actually been rubbishing Simon Lambert or saying that he should be dumped per-se.

Some people on here are so keen to have snidey little pops that they twist what's actually been said. And then we get stuff along the lines of "oh you Panthers fans are so fickle, you reckoned he was your best rider last season, now you want to dump him before the season even starts". Oh ffs!!!

It's cropped up in the context of 'what if' Ged & Co end up being unable to get a suitable No.1 on the 8+ we have available. Then maybe it would need a rethink.

In that case it'd mean Ostergaard at No.1 and instead of 'wasting' a couple of points it'd be better to strengthen the team lower down. That'd inevitably mean replacing a rider. It couldn't be Tom Perry, so that leaves either MPT, NBJ, Grondal or Lambert. I don't think anybody would consider losing NBJ or Grondal. So it'd have to be either MPT or Lambert. A lot would depend on which two riders they were thinking of bringing in and what points they had to play with.

Before anybody leaps in, I'm not saying this scenario should or will happen. FWIW, I have confidence in Ged & Co and I think we'll end up with a decent No.1.

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 3

They don't all post on here.

Some and now all. It's starting to sound like a season ticket increased sales message. How many does that add up to? I'm not fussed who's in the team these days so take an interest but am quite neutral really. I don't know of a significant Lambert out movement. Quite the opposite.

Wow! Amazing response from some Peterborough fans. From laughing stock at Rye House to hero at Peterborough. Raised his average and now some people want him dumped before the season starts!

Every club has supporters who don't agree with the majority and Rye House are no different, RH even had a promoter (now gone) who didn't agree with most of the Rye fans on what constituted a good team.

On the basis that Simon (deservedly) won the rider of the year award I think you can take it shads that he is generally very popular and most will be delighted to see him back.

• Like 9

I am surprised about the posts on here speculating that Lambert could be dropped. He had a good season this year and I for one am pleased that he has been signed up again and hopefully will remain with the team all season. However, I do think that Panthers success next season depends quite a lot on securing the services of a high scoring number one.

Thinking back to this season one of the most disappointing aspects of our home matches was the often poor gating. MPT was arguably the most consistently poor but all our riders seemed to struggle in some matches. I can't think of a logical explanation for this but we could have picked up a lot more points on occasion had we matched the gating of our opponents on our home track.

Dakota North is at Swindon so he could be your number 1.

Depends on what his plans are, been doing Poland on Sundays, which would rule him out.

Just a thought but Simon was signed after it was known he would not be doubling up. IF he signs for Lynn to replace Kerr (and is also due a testimonial) will the Panthers management be happy to lose him to EL fixtures?

Just a thought but Simon was signed after it was known he would not be doubling up. IF he signs for Lynn to replace Kerr (and is also due a testimonial) will the Panthers management be happy to lose him to EL fixtures?

Hope not. Need committed and regular riders.

Dakota North is at Swindon so he could be your number 1.

Would be ideal

Hope not. Need committed and regular riders.

Would be ideal

So you don't want Simon missing for EL meetings but having Dak would be 'ideal'?
  • Like 1

So you don't want Simon missing for EL meetings but having Dak would be 'ideal'?

Isn't North technically a Peterborough asset? Or have Poole brought him?

Edited by dazpanther

Technicality here, I would expect it to favour any elite league team involved. If he had signed for Poole and also Panthers would anybody expect Panthers to get priority.

All Frost's assets have been transferred to Poole. EL would get priority for Dak.

Who is Simon an asset of? If its an EL CLUB and we have home meetings on Sundays shouldnt be many clashes other than a few away.