British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

So who's a proven number 1 at PL that fits within the 8.45 limit

its obviously someone with foriegn comitments when there having to wait for the fixtures to be confirmed

and it dosnt actualy say proven in the prem league

it says proven prem league standard how you judge this if the rider ihasnt rode in prem league before im not sure as alot outside the prem league dont understand just how competative it can be

That team will take some stopping if bjerre signs.

Hell average 10 no problem, nbj has plenty of scope for improvement whilst id expect a freshly prepared Grondal to clean up from reserve.

Add in ostergaard whos always going to average 8, i think this side could, injury free, go all the way. That is assuming its bjerre and not someone like porsing.

• Like 1

Average 10?

He's under 6 in the so called elite league - probably for a good reason.

He won't like it up him.

PROMOTER Ged Rathbone insists patience will be a virtue for Peterborough this winter.

Panthers go into 2016 today with one member of their team for the new Premier League campaign still to be confirmed.

But, in a new year's message to fans, Rathbone insists he is relaxed about a situation which sees their number one rider yet to be recruited.

He confirmed the club have a number of exciting targets and also reveals he does not expect to be in a position to slot the final piece into the Peterborough jigsaw until early February.

Rathbone said: "The point I would like to emphasise is that we already have six terrific riders on board - all of whom have scope for plenty of improvement.

"We already have the makings of a team which we hope can do even better than last season and again challenge for the title.

"It is not about making a quick signing to complete the line-up. We need to ensure we make the right signing and we are confident we will do that.

"There are very few team spots still to be filled in the Premier League so we are not in a position where we face competition for the riders who feature on our shortlist.

"We have received the first draft of our own fixtures and we expect them to be finalised in January. Once that has happened we can move forward in our discussions with riders we are keen to bring in.

"I've been made aware of some nonsense on internet forums which suggests we cannot afford to sign a number one.

"Let me quash that straight away and let me also assure every single one of our supporters that we have the finances to put together a package to attract any of our targets for the number one spot.

"What we will not do is pay over the odds for any riders who are not of what we regard to be proven Premier League number one standard."

Panthers have so far handed returns to captain Ulrich Ostergaard, fellow Danes Michael Palm Toft and Emil Grondal, and local lad Simon Lambert, after they all impressed during the club's surge to the play-off semi-finals last season.

Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen, the star of the Danish side in the World Under 21 Team Championship Final, and reserve Tom Perry, who will fill the number seven spot, are the new faces at the East of England Showground.

That all leaves club bosses with 8.45 of their 42.50 team-building points still available for their final rider.

the usual stuff from any promotion not likely to say we're struggling to find a rider ...expect the truth will be in the pudding when they announce the final rider if he's nowhere near no1 material , panthers will be also rans and made a complete balls up of team building , if you want to be a success a no1 should be your 1st priority not last

• Like 1

I think you will find Ged and Trevor will come up trumps again , one thing about the NEW Peterborough, riders want to ride for them . Have faith there not here to make up the numbers ,that's for sure !

• Like 2

the usual stuff from any promotion not likely to say we're struggling to find a rider

Try being a Redcar fan, that's exactly what our promotion is saying

Average 10?

He won't like it up him.

Its all about confidence with KB.....given an injury free run and a good start he could well average 10 in the PL. However if things don't go to plan he could really struggle, shutting the throttle off and backing out of tight spots means no points whatever league it is.

• Like 1

What would Lewis Bridger's average be?

Edited by ash
  • Like 1

Average 10?

He won't like it up him.

Just be careful what you are saying or we'll have to wake up Morrissey fan and set him on you making comments like that about his beloved Bjerre, i'm sure you don't want that

from a team that thought it was finished a few seasons ago, to a team that money is not an issue . words are cheap .

Oh ffs, do give it a rest! Ged Rathdone didn't mean "money is not an issue". You've twisted what he said just so that you can make yet another snidey comment about Panthers.

Of course finances are always an issue for all speedway clubs. But all Ged has tried to do in his New Year message is reassure Panthers fans that, despite the bollox posted on here and elsewhere, the reason they haven't signed the final rider is not because they're struggling to afford it.

".... we have the finances to put tigether a package to attract any of our targets for the number one spot"

Ged also said, quite sensibly, that it doesn't mean that they will be held to ransom or pay over the odds, and it will be a rider who will be PL No.1 standard.

"What we will not do is pay over the odds for any riders who are not of what we regard to be proven Premier League number one standard."

I think most Panthers fans will be happy with Ged's NY message.

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 2

No doubt about Kenneth Bjerre been a very good signing for any Premier League club.

But I think that you have to consider the fact that he will be more than likely be riding in Poland.

Peterborough have already stated that they intend to run home meetings on a Sunday their is more than likely going to be some fixture clashes, and my guess is that if he does decide to ride Poland his Polish commitments will take priority.

Good signing maybe but not much good if he is going to missing due to other commitments, and if and when he does miss I am not so sure that you would be able to use a Guest facility.

Average 10?

He won't like it up him.

Look how well he done in poland tho in the top league.

Id wager he would average ten if he signs for pboro.