British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Welcome Nicklas to the Panthers, wishing you all the best for the season....

Lets give the guy and the team a chance, and get behind them.............Positive Thinking............

I would hazard a guess they were relying on bjerre to be no1 , history shows you cant rely on bjerre for anything , except to you let you down

It did appear that Bjerre was to original choice, but as you say!!!

I for one am relieved it's not KB - I would rather have Porsing who can't possibly be any less of a team player and is a young rider with a lot of potential than "on the slippery slope Bjerre" but agree with others its just a shame we didn't use all the points available. Looking back to last season apart from Cookie one of the best riders I saw at the EoEs had a lower average than some other teams No. 1's - Brady Kurtz. Fingers crossed we have pulled two rabbits out of the hat ie: Porsing and NBJ.

• Like 6

Well, so no Kenneth Bjerre now thats a surprise, your supremo only dropped out them names to try and sell season tickets IMO, he was never going to Peterborough, all that suspense they were waiting for polish fixtures and finding the right rider and they sign Porsing who finished the 3rd worst rider in the EL last year excluding draft riders, and most of the time he was getting beat by draft riders. He hasn't even got a polish team so why were they waiting for Polish fixtures???. Porsing can't be brought in expecting to be number 1 as he is nowhere good enough for that but as a 3rd heat leader he should be ok, he will probably do the same as what Hanson did at Workington as they look a similar rider with averages,

Peterborough have a good Number 1 and current PLRC champion so i don't see why people expected another number 1 coming in, IMO signing Lambert is the problem but there doesn't seem to be enough riders available so to be fair Peterborough have done well getting a full team at this late stage, maybe next year they will act a bit quicker and get a full 7 before all the good riders go,

Just a Team Sponsor now and they are all set to go, just hope the team sponsor isn't a let down like the last rider announcement

so , no big bear, no new number 1. el soup-premo strikes again. full of it. with regards to porsing , if he turns out anything like kenneth hansen @ workington , you have got a good rider . why dish out billshot to the fans , it will bite you in the but.t in the end .shown his true coloours in lying to the public . could be a good season at peter borrow .

way open for big bear to join baby bear @ redcar, so you may see big B @ peter borrow some time in the 2016 season . your fans are gutted.....

2 team sponsors , take em both on @ half the cost to themselves and get a 2nd year out of them both .

Edited by jenga

According to the speedway star Peter Karlsson's EL average of 5.51 converts to 9.18 in the Premier League. If that is the case Kenneth Bjerre's 5.87 would convert to 9.78, if that is right neither would've fitted anyway. Maybe they have changed the conversion factor as the heat leader averages in the EL are lower due to the heat format.

I thought you Peterborough fans would like some facts re Nicklas Porsing. His Polish team Ostrovia (who he had a 2 Year contract ) went bust before Christmas. He has had offers from 3 Polish teams, however with the changes in Polish speedway, as it is basically bankrupt. We decided that Nick didn't need the stress of travelling weekly to Poland then finding he never gets paid. Dale Allitt is very keen on Nick and can see his potential and has been talking to Nick and myself for 6 months. Last season Nick was unprepared at Lynn, due to this he had a bad first half of the season. He will admit this, and now knows with talent you also have to put in hardwork. He learnt more from this than possibly anything else and this season he will be fully prepared with equipment and fitness, with good and bad experiences comes maturity. He had a great season last year with Vargana in Sweden helping them and Ostrovia to play off finals. At Lynn things just didn't go right, but we know why. This season with Peterborough he is fully committed and not doing Poland in 2016 it cuts down his travel and the exhaustion this brings. (72 Ryanair flights last year ) Not doing Poland enables him to race Sunday's in the UK. Sweden is Thursday's and Denmark Wednesday's, so this enables him to race all meetings. I know Nick well, he is at his best when fans are behind him. I've seen him beat every SGP rider on the track, not just from the gate but going round them on the fence. so get behind him and he will prove to you why Ged and Dale wanted him. I know I'm biased, but you have got yourselves a real star and a real racer. He will do the Panthers proud. If free come and meet him tomorrow night at the Panthers supporters meeting. Thank you and looking forward to seeing you at the Showground this season. Regards David Wootton - Nicklas Porsing Manager

His manager been on defending him even before he has turned a wheel

SPEEDWAY FIXTURES: Panthers start with an Easter extravaganza

269878300.jpg

Panthers start with a home fixture against Ipswich on Easter Monday.

MM,Peterborough Panthers face an explosive start to their bid for glory in 2016.

The city team’s first competitive fixture of the new season will see them entertain East Anglian rivals Ipswich in an Easter Monday derby clash at the East of England Showground.

It is likely to be the first in a series of tasty League Cup clashes with Panthers also facing Sheffield, their play-off quarter-final victims last season, and Scunthorpe in the Midland Group. Only the top team advance to the semi-finals.

Panthers begin their Premier League campaign with a visit to Rye House on Saturday, April 16 while Somerset provide the first home league opposition eight days later on Sunday, April 24.

Joint team boss Carl Johnson said: “I don’t think we could possibly have a bigger first meeting than an Easter Monday derby.

“It is essential we hit the ground running as failing to make it out of our group in the League Cup was a big disappointment last season.

“It looks like a very tough group with Sheffield and Scunthorpe having put strong sides together, but we need to show everyone what we’re about from the word ‘go’ and ensure we already have momentum by the time the league fixtures start in April.”

Panthers will face either Workington or Somerset in the quarter-finals of the KO Cup during the summer.

PANTHERS 2016 FIXTURES

Key: LC = Premier League Cup, PL = Premier League, KOC = KO Cup.

DATE OPPONENTS COMP. H/A

MARCH

Mon 28 Ipswich PL LC HOME

Thu 31 Sheffield PL LC Away

APRIL

Fri 01 Scunthorpe PL LC HOME

Fri 08 Sheffield PL LC HOME

Sun 10 Scunthorpe PL LC Away

Thu 14 Ipswich PL LC Away

Sat 16 Rye House PL Away

Thu 21 Redcar PL Away

Sun 24 Somerset PL HOME

MAY

Sun 01 Glasgow PL Away

Fri 06 Plymouth PL Away

Sun 08 Sheffield PL HOME

Sun 15 Rye House PL HOME

Sun 22 Ipswich PL HOME

Mon 30 Plymouth PL HOME

Mon 30 Scunthorpe PL Away

JUNE

Fri 10 Glasgow PL HOME

Fri 17 Scunthorpe PL HOME

Sat 18 Workington PL KOC QF Away

JULY

Fri 01 Somerset PL KOC QF Away

Sun 03 Workington or Somerset PL KOC QF HOME

Fri 15 Berwick PL HOME

Thu 21 Ipswich PL Away

Fri 22 Reserved . HOME

Sat 23 Reserved . HOME

Sun 24 Reserved . HOME

Thu 28 Sheffield PL Away

Sun 31 Workington PL Away

AUGUST

Fri 05 Somerset PL Away

Sun 07 Edinburgh PL HOME

Fri 12 Edinburgh PL Away

Sat 13 Berwick PL Away

Sun 21 Newcastle PL Away

Fri 26 Newcastle PL HOME

Mon 29 Redcar PL HOME

SEPTEMBER

Fri 02 Workington PL HOME

Fri 09 Reserved . HOME

Fri 23 Reserved . HOME

OCTOBER

Fri 07 Reserved . HOME

Read more: http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedway-fixtures-panthers-start-with-an-easter-extravaganza-1-7172920#ixzz3xsFXfWBV

Edited by Flyin Panther
  • Like 1

I think once dialled in Porsing will be a real revelation around P'Boro. It moves Ostergaard out of the No.1 jacket and he seems to prosper further down with less pressure. Busk Jakobsen is one of the signings of the season. Then you will always have one of Palm Toft, Lambert or Grondal as a joker reserve with the other two making up a solid engine room and Perry will be a strong draft rider at home.

I like the look of this team (points limit aside) and think its got play offs written all over it.

• Like 3

I thought you Peterborough fans would like some facts re Nicklas Porsing. His Polish team Ostrovia (who he had a 2 Year contract ) went bust before Christmas. He has had offers from 3 Polish teams, however with the changes in Polish speedway, as it is basically bankrupt. We decided that Nick didn't need the stress of travelling weekly to Poland then finding he never gets paid. Dale Allitt is very keen on Nick and can see his potential and has been talking to Nick and myself for 6 months. Last season Nick was unprepared at Lynn, due to this he had a bad first half of the season. He will admit this, and now knows with talent you also have to put in hardwork. He learnt more from this than possibly anything else and this season he will be fully prepared with equipment and fitness, with good and bad experiences comes maturity. He had a great season last year with Vargana in Sweden helping them and Ostrovia to play off finals. At Lynn things just didn't go right, but we know why. This season with Peterborough he is fully committed and not doing Poland in 2016 it cuts down his travel and the exhaustion this brings. (72 Ryanair flights last year ) Not doing Poland enables him to race Sunday's in the UK. Sweden is Thursday's and Denmark Wednesday's, so this enables him to race all meetings. I know Nick well, he is at his best when fans are behind him. I've seen him beat every SGP rider on the track, not just from the gate but going round them on the fence. so get behind him and he will prove to you why Ged and Dale wanted him. I know I'm biased, but you have got yourselves a real star and a real racer. He will do the Panthers proud. If free come and meet him tomorrow night at the Panthers supporters meeting. Thank you and looking forward to seeing you at the Showground this season. Regards David Wootton - Nicklas Porsing Manager

I don't think anybody is disappointed with the porsing signing , the only thing disappointing is panthers baloney that they will sign a no1 , I've seen porsing beat good riders at the showground in the elite even got heat 15 once (or have I lost my marbles) and is exciting to watch gives his all and will improve his average by a mile

• Like 2

His manager been on defending him even before he has turned a wheel

there you are, fans ask for facts, you give some facts and you are accused of defending a rider before he's started.
  • Like 2