British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

I bet its because of that tosser harkness with his own fat greedy interests at heart..and I thought he had been moved on...I am so pissed with British speedway..I wish all these comments were all seen and heard at a higher level...can't someone with skills copy and paste them all on a bspa website for all to see!....#fuming

Why don't you email Alex with your comments?

Or rather it's Mr. Harkess to you.

Why does it have anything to do with him? Buster is the head honcho now.

So another blow in the gonads for cookie.

• Like 1

NEP is picking on me Danny for having an opinion...cyber bully. :(

You made a deliberately confrontational remark at a time when it was totally uncalled for.

We Panthers fans have almost lost our speedway too many times over the past few years, obviously some of us are really worried that if Ged were to walk away then that would be it.

So lets just calm for a minute..

• Like 2

You made a deliberately confrontational remark at a time when it was totally uncalled for.

We Panthers fans have almost lost our speedway too many times over the past few years, obviously some of us are really worried that if Ged were to walk away then that would be it.

So lets just calm for a minute..

No it started a few months ago because i said the Panthers line up was average and not really good as described.... I take your other points though.

I do think Arson's comment was more tongue in cheek if anything. Chill peeps

That's just about finished me and probably Peterborough Speedway. No longer feel I want to follow a sport that is run by complete and utter incompetent / biased members.

All in the best interests of the sport. Take a bow BSPA.

Had Cook been going to miss virtually all Peterborough`s home meetings then this decision mightve made some sense, the last thing anyone would want is a multitude a guests, surely the Peterborough promotion will have looked at how many meetings Cook would miss. Having done so, and come to an agreement with Belle Vue, then they should be allowed to sign Cook and Stokes, who shouldn't be forgotten in this mess.

• Like 1

I'm admitedly late in hearing of this story. Maybe I am missing something, but does not BSPA stand for British Speedway Promoters Association?

If so, I fail to see how providing racing opportunies for two British riders (Cook and Stokes) and removing two mediocre Danish riders (Palm Toft and Porsing) is not in the best interests of the sport in Britain.

Ironically, at the same time as announcing the blocking of Cook's signing on their webpage, they are trumping Cook beginning his quest to gain a place in the GPs at Kings Lynn. Their whole standing in this issue is riddled with contradiction.

A recent press release by the BSPA says they blocked the move because both home tracks share a race night. I can't help but think there's something fishy about this as it's only 3 clashes. It doesn't add up.

From Twitter:

BRITISH Speedway vice-chairman Rob Godfrey is keen to explain why Peterborough's bid to sign Craig Cook has failed - Godfrey: "You cannot sign a rider when he already rides for a club on your racenight." "I advised Peterborough promoter Ged Rathbone that any such move was unlikely to be approved." "King's Lynn switched from a Wednesday to a Thursday and as a consequence they had to lose Lewis Kerr (for the same reason)." "Peterborough are a... Friday night racetrack as in the promoter's guide and Craig already rides for Belle Vue who are also a Friday track." "Craig is more than welcome to ride in the Premier League, but not for a Friday night track." "If we allowed it to happen now, everyone would be trying the same thing." "I hope people, even our fiercest critics, can at least appreciate my explanation as to how this decision was reached."

Pathetic argument from the idiot vice chairman...for 3 fixture clashes you block someone earning an income!?...if Craig and PBoro happy with it WTF has it to do with you...or maybe he is jeolous of our potential team compared to his..this argument makes them look even worse...disgrace.

• Like 2

Isn't the whole point of the matter that a rider cannot double-up between two tracks with the same race-night. There may be only three clashes at the moment, but what happens when Belle Vue do get underway and reschedule all their postponed meetings? Won't most of those get rescheduled in for Friday nights?

Doubling-up is already a bit of a mess, and puts people off, when half a team is missing.

All the best

Rob

• Like 4