British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

What you mean like Rye House this year, Saturday's, Sunday's and Monday's

Rye House have always raced on BH Mondays, back before the Rockets & Panthers existed. Rye have to accommodate two sides. Sunday's are mainly for Raiders meetings. Only one Sunday Rockets meetings as far as I can see, I've no idea why.

I've not seen one post on any Rye thread from a Rye fan complaining about race nights. Go through the Peterborough thread a few months ago and that was practically all that was being talked about.

Edited by Shads

You are very lucky, sometimes being a Panthers fan can be very frustrating, we have in the past,had weeks without a meeting then had two or three in a week,if we have rain offs we are in the proverbial.Even events at the indoor place now affect us.

• Like 3

Rye House have always raced on BH Mondays, back before the Rockets & Panthers existed. Rye have to accommodate two sides. Sunday's are mainly for Raiders meetings. Only one Sunday Rockets meetings as far as I can see, I've no idea why.

I've not seen one post on any Rye thread from a Rye fan complaining about race nights. Go through the Peterborough thread a few months ago and that was practically all that was being talked about.

Your fortunate in owning your own stadium that's rare in speedway., we unfortunately can only have dates that are free from events which is why we use different race days, we don't have enough Friday's or Sunday's available generally to do the whole season.

Most of the Rye complaints are about your team, different race nights I can live with if we have a competitive team.

• Like 4

Cheer up

Too difficult a question, sorry ;)

My sources say Ged has agreed a buyout with Readypower so he can become the sole owner of the club.

Think you mean Poole's main sponsor. Anyway, that would signal the end of a gloriously wasted opportunity for the club, promised great times ahead from our position, at the time of the Horton buyout, as one of the biggest EL clubs in the country.

Edited by Crump99

Is This right, I hear Cookie has been called up again for his Polish team on Sunday.

They will be disappointed if he has, riding at Glasgow in a British SF meeting.

• Like 2

Brilliant news! im glad the turnaround happened and you's guys got to make the changes . Welcome back to the PL Cookie.

Brilliant news! im glad the turnaround happened and you's guys got to make the changes . Welcome back to the PL Cookie.

• Like 3

Good luck for the future Michael Palm Toft , i'm sure it wont be long before you get sorted with another team.

• Like 2

Peterborough really were taking the mick signing Cook knowing he'd miss several Friday meetings.

Since when is 3 "several" ? :unsure:

sev|eral.

DETERMINER

1.more than two but not many:

Edited by Flyin Panther

I thought panthers were solitary animals. This lot hunt in packs

So the Kenneth hansen love fest turned out to be a one night stand

Could hardly be anything else really being as he was only guesting and already has a PL club. Great performance though and just confirmed Peterborough only needed a good number 1 rider to inspire the team ~ which they have now got after signing Craig Cook. Onwards and upwards. :lol:

• Like 2

A team needs a regular race night. I'd accept a few BH Monday meetings, but supporters will soon get fed up with meetings on different days.

We know that! :rolleyes:

And everybody at Panthers wishes we could have a regular race night. But it simply ain't possible because of the way things are at the EoES.

• Like 1

Could hardly be anything else really being as he was only guesting and already has a PL club. Great performance though and just confirmed Peterborough only needed a good number 1 rider to inspire the team ~ which they have now got after signing Craig Cook. Onwards and upwards. :lol:

Exactly but he may get a phone call again when the clash with Craig's Belle Vue fixtures occurs.

Edited by maneacat
  • Like 2