British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Trouble is it's a results business.

And good team spirit often brings the best results.

And constant staff turnover doesn't do much for team spirit.

It's a bit like having constant guest riders.

You can have all the team spirit you want but it the riders are not up to the job it means jack! We've had apparent excellent team spirit for the last decade but won naff all. If the team is winning then team spirit will follow, whatever 7 are out there that week. Getting team selection right as possible from the off is also preferable I agree but is something else that we haven't got right in a decade.

• Like 3

Probably even he is tired of all the crap that seems to end up on Panthers threads...I cannot believe that nothing has been mentioned since Monday about Edinburgh away...A win there and we could've been in the play offs..not even a mention by the club to keep fans in the loop!?

I have seen several comments that Edinburgh have been offered various dates but were unable to accommodate us. Also mentioned that we could not accept the Friday date as Bjerre unavailable.

Probably even he is tired of all the crap that seems to end up on Panthers threads...I cannot believe that nothing has been mentioned since Monday about Edinburgh away...A win there and we could've been in the play offs..not even a mention by the club to keep fans in the loop!?

Might as well get the Edinburgh fixture out of the way regardless what I riders are available as this team wouldn't do any damage in the playoffs anyway, put the season to bed , learn from the mistakes made this season and concentrate on putting out a team capable and worthy of giving supporters something to be proud of for next year , but it would be nice to have a commitment from Ged.

• Like 2

I have seen several comments that Edinburgh have been offered various dates but were unable to accommodate us. Also mentioned that we could not accept the Friday date as Bjerre unavailable.

but Fridays is the monarchs racenight ,so you can hardly blame them for not wanting to race on a different night

Edited by hans fan
  • Like 1

but Fridays is the monarchs racenight ,so you can hardly blame them for not wanting to race on a different night

Can't help thinking they would have been more accommodating if their play off place depended on it!

• Like 1

they didn't help workington out a good few years ago when they said they couldnt fit in a league fixture before the cut off date . so no change there then..

oopps .sorry for posting .

Why not run an inter league challenge with kings lynn ? The way we have been going just lately down norfolk way it would probably be pretty close!

Can't help thinking they would have been more accommodating if their play off place depended on it!

Bottom line is monarchs have only planning permission for 1 night a week. Race night is Friday and alternate is Saturday. Peterborough apparently offered Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or next Monday. On 2 of those nights the greyhounds so even if they did have permission next Monday would have been most likely and that wouldn't be an attractive option for supporters.They have lost a fortune this year with the 9 rain offs and running on a Monday night would have brought a smaller crowd and another loss they simply cannot afford.

Peterborough should have bitten the bullet and raced on Friday, even with a weakened team it would have been better to give yourself a chance than hope others would lose. You never know what might happen on the night as whilst we are improving and unbeaten apart from opening night we have looked far from invincible at home this year. Why is Bjerre missing? if they were allowed a facility giving cookie an extra ride wouldn't be a bad thing. I guess Holub would be missing as well for the U21s

Looking like Ipswich are going to pick up the win they need tonight and it does seem unsatisfactory not to complete fixtures but if you pick up riders that are riding on the continent ultimately that is the chances you take.

• Like 1

Bottom line is monarchs have only planning permission for 1 night a week. Race night is Friday and alternate is Saturday. Peterborough apparently offered Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or next Monday. On 2 of those nights the greyhounds so even if they did have permission next Monday would have been most likely and that wouldn't be an attractive option for supporters.They have lost a fortune this year with the 9 rain offs and running on a Monday night would have brought a smaller crowd and another loss they simply cannot afford.

Peterborough should have bitten the bullet and raced on Friday, even with a weakened team it would have been better to give yourself a chance than hope others would lose. You never know what might happen on the night as whilst we are improving and unbeaten apart from opening night we have looked far from invincible at home this year. Why is Bjerre missing? if they were allowed a facility giving cookie an extra ride wouldn't be a bad thing. I guess Holub would be missing as well for the U21s

Looking like Ipswich are going to pick up the win they need tonight and it does seem unsatisfactory not to complete fixtures but if you pick up riders that are riding on the continent ultimately that is the chances you take.

Fair enough. Didn't realise they were so restricted with regard to race nights. It was never going to make a difference anyway!

Edited by Davet

Why not run an inter league challenge with kings lynn ? The way we have been going just lately down norfolk way it would probably be pretty close!

Rather knock it on the head tbh.

You can have all the team spirit you want but it the riders are not up to the job it means jack! We've had apparent excellent team spirit for the last decade but won naff all. If the team is winning then team spirit will follow, whatever 7 are out there that week. Getting team selection right as possible from the off is also preferable I agree but is something else that we haven't got right in a decade.

Spot on. Get the 1-7 right and let 'team spirit' sort itself out.

Anyway, half the time riders don't even know if their team is winning or not, and it comes across when they get interviewed during a meeting.

Only last week at the EoES a Rockets rider said he hadn't realised that they're bottom of the league (which they were at the time). But I bet he could reel off every point single he's scored himself.

If you look at Pardubice topic in Internation Events - http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=82511,

Holub is not in U-21 on Friday, and Bjerre's Golden Helmet appearance is on Sunday.

May be KB has another Speedway commitment on Friday - does anybody know what that would be?

Edited by cyclone

Where has the local dingbat gone? Gone into hiding after tonight. Ching ching, that will be 5 grand please

Will you be taking the five grand before or after your nice threat to stamp on his head !!