Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Noodles I'm just seeing two Elite league teams issuing their season ticket prices at just over £200! Do they ride a lot less meetings than us? One of them that price includes program and parking!

Noodles I'm just seeing two Elite league teams issuing their season ticket prices at just over £200! Do they ride a lot less meetings than us? One of them that price includes program and parking!

Which team?
  • Like 1

No doubt I will have the appellation "Bad Apple"applied to me again. But Season Tickets are rarely good value in the way they are for Football clubs for example. I buy them for convenience more than anything else. Free programme and parking whilst good is not the benefit it seems since a couple for instance will go in the same car and probably share the same programme. I may be wrong but think I saw that Panthers season tickets will not apply for any finals they may reach and this is a bit mean in my view.

Edited by wealdstone

Well Peterborough's Promotion need to get their money from somewhere as last year the fans gave them near 50K to run the club, so ripping people off on season tickets must be their way of doing this

Well Peterborough's Promotion need to get their money from somewhere as last year the fans gave them near 50K to run the club, so ripping people off on season tickets must be their way of doing this

Ripping off?

And for what it's worth fans didn't put up £50k

Edited by dazpanther
  • Like 1

Only 8 teams in elite and 13 in premier. Plus we also have the cup matches

Only 8 teams in elite and 13 in premier. Plus we also have the cup matches

It's 8 teams at the moment

Some may think the name is appropriate

• Like 5

Some may think the name is appropriate

Certainly on the maths front: "PETERBOROUGH have hit their survival target to continue racing! The required £40,000 to keep Panthers on track has been raised." - what's 10k between enemies?

Lakeside and Swindon are quoting the £200 mark.

I don't know much about the new Swindon stadium, but I do know that £200 for a lakeside season ticket is a bit rich last time I went there it was a couple of cowsheds with no seating and a lousy track with poor viewing facilities only one stadium I've seen worse than this is the dump at Edinburgh. So perhaps people should take these sort of things into account when comparisons are made
  • Like 1

Nobody has to buy a ST if they don't want to.

I think many, or even most, Panthers fans who buy a ST do it more out of a desire to help the club rather than for any financial benefit for themselves. So even if the discount is quite small, it hardly matters.

And if it's cheaper at Lakeside in the EL, so what? I, for one, would gladly pay double to watch speedway at the EoES rather than at Lakeside Arena even if it is in the (so called) EL.

IMHO people who whinge about ST prices need to think back to when we were all worried sick that Panthers might close down.

Some even moan that the car-park is included but two of them travel in the came car, so they cry that they're a quid down. Jeezus H.....!!! No they're not; they're still getting it cheaper than people who pay on the day.

You're bang out of order! Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 2

I don't know much about the new Swindon stadium, but I do know that £200 for a lakeside season ticket is a bit rich last time I went there it was a couple of cowsheds with no seating and a lousy track with poor viewing facilities only one stadium I've seen worse than this is the dump at Edinburgh. So perhaps people should take these sort of things into account when comparisons are made

Might be a dump to you - it is home to us.

Count your blessings and stop being so up yourself.

• Like 2

I suspect you misconstrue the point possibly on purpose.

• Like 1