British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Lakeside and Swindon are quoting the £200 mark.

Unless you are comparing like for like it is extremely difficult to decide who offers best value for money! I would not go to Lakeside if they PAID ME £200 per season as I hate the place. Which leaves Swindon from those you quote - so an EL Club versus a PL one for starters and we have no way of knowing the expenses of running at The Abbey compared to the EoES which we know is not the cheapest. The riders these days with doubling up/ down and Ftr's are not all Elite standard as we remember them in the past, so apart from Doyle who will definitely be more expensive than any Panthers team member, could be the only Robins rider on massively better pay than the other 13 involved between our two clubs. I think it's admirable that GED and Trevor have offered Season Tickets at Peterborough at last year's prices until 11th December, and although I will not be buying one due to the fixture list not being known before that date that is the comparison that is important to me.

• Like 2

Noodles I'm just seeing two Elite league teams issuing their season ticket prices at just over £200! Do they ride a lot less meetings than us? One of them that price includes program and parking!

I'd rather watch a winning side in a so called "dump" than a losing team in a modern stadium. I don't go to speedway for the facilities. As long as there's somewhere to park the car, buy a coffee and have a slash I'm satisfied

Great selling point, sounds like you'll be the last one to leave so put the lights out when you go.

• Like 2

Great selling point, sounds like you'll be the last one to leave

Doubt it very much

Might be a dump to you - it is home to us.

Count your blessings and stop being so up yourself.

Might be a dump to you - it is home to us.

Count your blessings and stop being so up yourself.

Nothing to do with as you put it (being up oneself) , its a comparison & about value for money if it offends you then i'm sorry but you'll have to live with it, perhaps you could enlighten us and tell us how much season tickets are at at your home track

Noodles I'm just seeing two Elite league teams issuing their season ticket prices at just over £200! Do they ride a lot less meetings than us? One of them that price includes program and parking!

Elite League have 14 league matches at home.

Panthers will have 12 league and at least 1 KOC & 3 league cup matches. Obviously you get more if we progress in any of these competitions - last year a season ticket got you 20 matches.

As others have said, I see it more as helping the club out as opposed to working out if I'm better or worse off by a few quid. Plus it's convenient.

Lakeside and Swindon are quoting the £200 mark.

Lakeside's equivalent is £255 for Adults, £220 concessions Edited by Noodles

What is your definition of a home track?

Nothing to do with as you put it (being up oneself) , its a comparison & about value for money if it offends you then i'm sorry but you'll have to live with it, perhaps you could enlighten us and tell us how much season tickets are at at your home track

What is your definition of a home track?

I think you know very well that New era Panthers was referring to Edinburgh since you responded with -

"Might be a dump to you - it is home to us" after he/she referred to it as "a dump ". It is not difficult to work out is it that whoever the poster is thinks you are a Monarchs fan (as do I incidentally) and because the recent posts on this thread have been discussing Season Ticket prices thought it would be useful to know what YOUR club's price is - so with your response above please tell me "Who is up oneself now"?

Further discussion on Pl season tickets very welcome but if you wish to play silly buggers please find a different thread.

• Like 2

Armadale a dump well who would have thought that :lol: .

• Like 3

I think you know very well that New era Panthers was referring to Edinburgh since you responded with -

"Might be a dump to you - it is home to us" after he/she referred to it as "a dump ". It is not difficult to work out is it that whoever the poster is thinks you are a Monarchs fan (as do I incidentally) and because the recent posts on this thread have been discussing Season Ticket prices thought it would be useful to know what YOUR club's price is - so with your response above please tell me "Who is up oneself now"?

Further discussion on Pl season tickets very welcome but if you wish to play silly buggers please find a different thread.

In TheScotsmans defence (they may not want defending - sorry!) I think they are an Edinburgh fan who now lives near Peterborough & so gets their weekly fix at the Showground - even sponsoring heat 1 this year I think. You can understand why they still have an affection for Edinburgh, I know I would if it the other way around.
  • Like 1

Thanks Noodles - nearly spot on!

I did indeed sponsor heat 1, and a couple of bricks in the wall, and had a season ticket, and chipped in a bit of cash, all to help Peterborough keep going.

But the track nearest my home is Rye House.

But yes indeed Edinburgh is still my team.

So asking which of those is my home team seems perfectly reasonable to me.

And I have no idea of the cost of a season ticket at Armadale.

• Like 1

Armadale a dump well who would have thought that :lol: .

All about what happens on the track though ain't it Gaz. ;)

Thanks Noodles - nearly spot on!

I did indeed sponsor heat 1, and a couple of bricks in the wall, and had a season ticket, and chipped in a bit of cash, all to help Peterborough keep going.

But the track nearest my home is Rye House.

But yes indeed Edinburgh is still my team.

So asking which of those is my home team seems perfectly reasonable to me.

And I have no idea of the cost of a season ticket at Armadale.

Good man!