British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Thanks Noodles - nearly spot on!

I did indeed sponsor heat 1, and a couple of bricks in the wall, and had a season ticket, and chipped in a bit of cash, all to help Peterborough keep going.

But the track nearest my home is Rye House.

But yes indeed Edinburgh is still my team.

So asking which of those is my home team seems perfectly reasonable to me.

And I have no idea of the cost of a season ticket at Armadale.

Well done you have obviously got more cash to spare than me (and others I imagine)to have afforded to do all that. As a Monarchs fan who has such affection for the Panthers its admirable to be so generous.

As a member on here of several years standing I didn't know your circumstances until stated above and I am certain New era Panthers (12 posts) certainly didn't either. No reason for either of us to know any of this and it would have been much simpler if you had just stated to a new member that you did not know the cost of a Monarchs season ticket. Anyway no harm done we got there in the end.

• Like 3

I think that a family season ticket would be a good idea. If our house all wanted one each it would be 2 adults, 2 over 12's (one of whom isn't bothered if they come) and a under 12 who goes free.

Armadale a dump well who would have thought that :lol: .

Some people have short memories

• Like 2

So as much as we love the Panthers £1000 just isn't feasible for our family!

Edited by Noodles

So as much as we love the Panthers £1000 just isn't feasible for our family!

Crikey that's a lot of money for a family to find. I thought school children were free and then Students (which presumably includes Sixth formers etc.) were a Concession Price of about £5. We used to bring 5/6 children and teenagers with us throughout the nineties and early 2000s don't think we could afford to do so these days.

What is your definition of a home track?

erm..... the one you refer to when you wrote "Might be a dump to you - it is home to us"

Well done you have obviously got more cash to spare than me (and others I imagine)to have afforded to do all that. As a Monarchs fan who has such affection for the Panthers its admirable to be so generous.

As a member on here of several years standing I didn't know your circumstances until stated above and I am certain New era Panthers (12 posts) certainly didn't either. No reason for either of us to know any of this and it would have been much simpler if you had just stated to a new member that you did not know the cost of a Monarchs season ticket. Anyway no harm done we got there in the end.

quite right maneacat.

Scotsman actually said that it [Edinburgh] "Might be a dump to you - it is home to us." So it's hardly surprising that many on here took that at face value. Hence it's his "home track" in the sense that NewEraPanthers meant.

And, as you say, there wasn't any need to go into that convoluted spiel; all it really needed was for scotsman to just say "I don't know anything about prices of Monarchs STs"

But then again, my mate - who is a cynical old devil - reckons it was a well-crafted post ;) and that somebody was bound to take the bait, thus creating an opening for the poster's munificence to be listed (in full detail, natch) under cover of mild protest and feigned innocence. Ego massaged; job done.

(My mate might well say that - but I, of course, couldn't possibly comment :neutral:)

Crikey that's a lot of money for a family to find. I thought school children were free and then Students (which presumably includes Sixth formers etc.) were a Concession Price of about £5. We used to bring 5/6 children and teenagers with us throughout the nineties and early 2000s don't think we could afford to do so these days.

Yeah,quite so. But I think we're in danger of things getting a bit muddled here.

For a start, sponsoring a heat cost about £200 if memory serves :unsure: . Hardly a fortune, but in any case for most sponsors it's an allowable business expense:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/bim42555.htm

"BIM42555 - Specific deductions: advertising expenses: sponsorship Sponsorship is a way for businesses to obtain the commercial benefit of bringing their name, products or services to public attention."

So it ain't like you or me sticking our hands into our pockets and shelling out our hard-earned.

And who said anything about a family having to find £1000? Where did that figure come from anyway?

Further discussion on Pl season tickets very welcome but if you wish to play silly buggers please find a different thread.

Yeah, let's get back On Topic.

Any thoughts/clues about the final two riders? As things stand I'm hoping it will include one of Anders Thomsen/K.Bjerre. But however it pans out I'm confident Ged will get us a decent line-up.

Edited by PE7Panther

Hope bjerre gets readypower backing. Could be the best no. 1 in the league if gets back to near best.

And Simon deserves to be back, would be great to keep as many of last years team as possible do we have the team spirit again

Edited by Lurcher

erm..... the one you refer to when you wrote "Might be a dump to you - it is home to us"

quite right maneacat.

Scotsman actually said that it [Edinburgh] "Might be a dump to you - it is home to us." So it's hardly surprising that many on here took that at face value. Hence it's his "home track" in the sense that NewEraPanthers meant.

And, as you say, there wasn't any need to go into that convoluted spiel; all it really needed was for scotsman to just say "I don't know anything about prices of Monarchs STs"

But then again, my mate - who is a cynical old devil - reckons it was a well-crafted post ;) and that somebody was bound to take the bait, thus creating an opening for the poster's munificence to be listed (in full detail, natch) under cover of mild protest and feigned innocence. Ego massaged; job done.

(My mate might well say that - but I, of course, couldn't possibly comment :neutral:)

Yeah,quite so. But I think we're in danger of things getting a bit muddled here.

For a start, sponsoring a heat cost about £200 if memory serves :unsure: . Hardly a fortune, but in any case for most sponsors it's an allowable business expense:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/bim42555.htm

"BIM42555 - Specific deductions: advertising expenses: sponsorship Sponsorship is a way for businesses to obtain the commercial benefit of bringing their name, products or services to public attention."

So it ain't like you or me sticking our hands into our pockets and shelling out our hard-earned.

And who said anything about a family having to find £1000? Where did that figure come from anyway?

Yeah, let's get back On Topic.

Any thoughts/clues about the final two riders? As things stand I'm hoping it will include one of Anders Thomsen/K.Bjerre. But however it pans out I'm confident Ged will get us a decent line-up.

In fact most heat sponsors & air fence panels were paid for by the likes of you & me. £200 may not be a fortune to you but each one invaluable to the club in its hour of need. Edited by Noodles

Some people have short memories

And why is that i am merely stating the obvious it is not like our eastern cousins don't dish it out so from that respect to put it in simple terms

Ashfield was a dump

Ashfield is no longer a dump

Armadale was and still is a dump

So there you have it not short memories at all as you put it just stating fact.

• Like 2

As long as there's somewhere to park the car, buy a coffee and have a slash I'm satisfied

Guessing that's why the Rye House car park is in such a state then, if you can do all three in the same place?

• Like 1

I was just going on £300 each for a season ticket for me and husband and then two at £200 for each kid over 12. As that's the age we have to pay for on the day tickets, however I could be wrong and kids (under 16) are included if the adult has a season ticket? Idk