Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Scunthorpe have made the sensible decision to put their Sunday meetings on at 1830 hrs.

This aids track preparation and leaves people plenty of time to get home.

Mid afternoon is not the best time to have a Sunday meeting unless it is early season or October .

If Peterborough run some Sunday meetings , I hope itis 1700 hrs at the earliest

• Like 2

If it was all about me, I'd dream we were still be in the Elite League... Have the Russian at No1, the World Champion at 5, meetings every Friday night on a perfect track... Ah, then I'd wake up!

I don't think that Messers Ostergaard, Jakobsen and Grondal are 2nd tier riders... Ulrich won the big meeting at Sheffield just a few months ago, Emil looks to have a big future... and wasn't it Jakobsen holding off Olly Allen until the crash.

Still like PK for No1..

• Like 1

So who's being announced next

If it was all about me, I'd dream we were still be in the Elite League... Have the Russian at No1, the World Champion at 5, meetings every Friday night on a perfect track... Ah, then I'd wake up!

I don't think that Messers Ostergaard, Jakobsen and Grondal are 2nd tier riders... Ulrich won the big meeting at Sheffield just a few months ago, Emil looks to have a big future... and wasn't it Jakobsen holding off Olly Allen until the crash.

Still like PK for No1..

Ostergaard is not a number 1 and cam be very erratic.

Grondal if he doesn't clean up reserve against 3 pointers and score double figures home and away is a waste of 5 points imo

NBJ has potential and will need to kick on.

Without 2 top signings I fear mid table

Edited by dazpanther

Scunthorpe have made the sensible decision to put their Sunday meetings on at 1830 hrs.

This aids track preparation and leaves people plenty of time to get home.

Mid afternoon is not the best time to have a Sunday meeting unless it is early season or October .

If Peterborough run some Sunday meetings , I hope itis 1700 hrs at the earliest

Eh Peterborough ran Sundays this year at 5pm?

Why is that then?

If the meetings are a bit later in the afternoon the track shouldn't dry out so quickly.

If the crowd is better of a Sunday then Sunday it has to be...

Peterborough is an EL set up (although I admit that the EL of today is a millions miles from Elite and the alleged top level still needs to seriously sort itself out) and I still hope that our current owners or new owners will return us from whence we came in the not too distant future. PL speedway amongst Sunday drivers does nothing for me, well PL full stop come to that, and the former is not compatible with that objective. I can take it or leave it which wasn't the case until the last couple of seasons. Perhaps I've done my speedway supporting time all fallen out of love with the sport at domestic level? If where we are is the ambition the club now has then so be it if it balances the finances and works for those concerned, attendance isn't compulsory is it.

Living in the past it may be but 2013 isn't exactly ancient history and it's still an open wound which has had salt scattered on it on various occasions since then. It just will not heal.

However, you can't move forward if you don't exist so credit to Rathbone & Swales for keeping the show on the road through troubled times. Peterborough Speedway is there for those who want it which is the main thing, and the fact that the sport still has one of its best set ups in operation shouldn't be underestimated.

Well you did ask!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Living in the past it may be but 2013 isn't exactly ancient history and it's still an open wound which has had salt scattered on it on various occasions since then. It just will not heal.

However, you can't move forward if you don't exist so credit to Rathbone & Swales for keeping the show on the road through troubled times. Peterborough Speedway is there for those who want it which is the main thing, and the fact that the sport still has one of its best set ups in operation shouldn't be underestimated.

Well you did ask!

Crikey you are not Sinéad O'Connor are you! :blink:

Crikey you are not Sinéad O'Connor are you! :blink:

Who rattled your cage? Got anything relevant to add? Because in terms of dross, nothing compares to you :wink: (apart from Jenga of course).

• Like 1

Des O Connor maybe !

Yes, he is an old git but he is funny.

• Like 1

Des O Connor maybe !

Eric 'I've just bought Des O'Connor's new album'

Ernie 'Where from?'

Eric 'Boots the chemist'

Ernie 'Did you need a prescription?'

Eric 'I had to go to the poison counter'

I hear that Newcastle speedway will be playing it throughout 2016 ;)

Edited by Crump99

Eric 'I've just bought Des O'Connor's new album'

Ernie 'Where from?'

Eric 'Boots the chemist'

Ernie 'Did you need a prescription?'

Eric 'I had to go to the poison counter'

I hear that Newcastle speedway will be playing it throughout 2016 ;)

Like i said, Des is funny, unlike you. :D:P

Like i said, Des is funny, unlike you. :D:P

I found this one:

Ernie: Des O' Connor is a self-made man

Eric: I think it's very good of him to take the blame green-happy.gif

reminded me of you for some reason :)

I found this one:

Ernie: Des O' Connor is a self-made man

Eric: I think it's very good of him to take the blame green-happy.gif

reminded me of you for some reason :)

Like I said Des Eric was funny, unlike you, :D:P