British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

tomorrow next signing announced!!!.i will be surprised if its not Simon lambert

Edited by champs99
  • Like 2

tomorrow next signing announced!!!.i will be surprised if its not Simon lambert

Me to and if he is announced how many pts left for the last one - any idea?

Me to and if he is announced how many pts left for the last one - any idea?

it leaves 8.45......i think!!!

• Like 1

Thorsell??

If it's not Bjerre which I don't think it will be anyway, absolutely stumped who it could be!

Happy enough with Lambert depending on our last rider.....

If it's not Bjerre which I don't think it will be anyway, absolutely stumped who it could be!

Happy enough with Lambert depending on our last rider.....

cant see no improvement in lamberts average but he deserves to be back , just for his commitment to the cause last season , no real shocks in the riders named so far , bar jackobsen for barker even if panthers had barker they still would have had 8pts left for a no1 , I haven't seen or heard any panthers fan who thinks oystercard will be good enough for the no1 spot

Edited by hans fan

It would be churlish to have any other view than Lambert deserves to be back and wish him well. However the identity of the final rider will be pivotal to the success or otherwise to Panthers season.

SPEEDWAY: Simon returns to Panthers with strict instructions

3958888639.jpg

Simon Lambert is back in Panthers' colours next season.

• Mark Plummer

Simon Lambert has today (December 2) been handed a Peterborough Panthers return with strict instructions not to slip back into a reserve berth.

The Lincolnshire lad was the club’s star performer in 2015 when delivering a series of high-scoring displays from the bottom of the order.

He significantly boosted a 3.73 starting average to a final figure of 5.19 which would almost certainly have been even higher had it not been for a broken shoulder blade.

Lambert (26) had a month-long lay-off before returning to action before the injury had fully healed to help the club into the semi-finals of the Premier League play-offs.

He ended last term in the main body of the side and will begin the new campaign in the same place – and that’s exactly where club chief Ged Rathbone wants him to stay.

Rathbone said: “There was no way we could possibly ignore Simon after the performances he produced while having the best season of his career in 2015.

“He was absolutely fantastic last year when only a bad injury prevented him from being even more successful.

“Despite that injury, he still showed enough to suggest he can become a solid second string in the Premier League and that should be the least he achieves in 2016.

“I want him to continue to push and challenge to become a heat leader. I don’t want to see him back at reserve.”

Lambert is the sixth confirmed member of the city side for next season. He joins captain Ulrich Ostergaard (7.87) and two other Danish riders, Michael Palm Toft (5.96) and Emil Grondal (5.12), in returning.

Panthers have also signed highly-rated Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen (6.91) and drafted in British reserve Tom Perry (3.00).

Club chiefs now have 8.45 of their 42.50 team-building points remaining to recruit their final rider.

Read more: http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedway-simon-returns-to-panthers-with-strict-instructions-1-7095548#ixzz3t9i4TJKk

Edited by Flyin Panther
  • Like 1

So with 8.45 left who fits?

Bjerre

Magnus Karlsson

Peter Karlsson

Dakota North

Max Fricke

Timo Lahthi

Simon Gustaffson

Patrick Hougaard

Daniel Nermark