British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Peterborough have shown their inexperience here by signing their team as they go along, without a real plan in place of who is wanted and who isn't.

Please share the evidence of the no plan you have access to. Building a team must be based on numerous permutations, in addition to conflicting race nights, double up and all teams seeking the bargain average. Plan A can quickly turn to B, C, Z. My guess is they have a plan.

Perfect example of a long term issue with averages. A season of good progress often results in decreasing future opportunities and potentially riding yourself out of a job. S Lambert proved a great team man and produced match winning performances and rightly voted rider of the season. Typical speedway rules dictate the fine line between progress v a victim of your own success.

Please share the evidence of the no plan you have access to. Building a team must be based on numerous permutations, in addition to conflicting race nights, double up and all teams seeking the bargain average. Plan A can quickly turn to B, C, Z. My guess is they have a plan.

Perfect example of a long term issue with averages. A season of good progress often results in decreasing future opportunities and potentially riding yourself out of a job. S Lambert proved a great team man and produced match winning performances and rightly voted rider of the season. Typical speedway rules dictate the fine line between progress v a victim of your own success.

So, please share your evidence of the plan you guess they have :party:

you know this how? :)

Peterborough have shown their inexperience here by signing their team as they go along, without a real plan in place of who is wanted and who isn't.

Swales is part of the management team so how much experience do you want?

So, please share your evidence of the plan you guess they have :party:

you know this how? :)

My comment was as said, my guess!!! V a statement.

• Like 1

Wow! Amazing response from some Peterborough fans. From laughing stock at Rye House to hero at Peterborough. Raised his average and now some people want him dumped before the season starts!

Edited by Shads

Perhaps so, but will Simon even get to where MPT starts this season at? At worse MPT will reach 6.50

will never find out if he is dropped....

Wow! Amazing response from some Peterborough fans. From laughing stock at Rye House to hero at Peterborough. Raised his average and now some people want him dumped before the season starts!

How many is some? A couple sounding off on here is hardly representative of what Peterborough fans in general think.

• Like 3

How many is some? A couple sounding off on here is hardly representative of what Peterborough fans in general think.

They don't all post on here.

Personally I think we will already have a deal done with a number 1 and Ged is just hanging on for a big announcement, maybe at Xmas? Ged hasnt made any mistakes yet so cant see him making such a big error.

Have faith guys and stop being so quick to criticise.

• Like 4

I'm a Peterborough fan and I have been known to post...

I sometimes wonder if some of the posters on here actually go to the Speedway, Simon Lambert was at times a savior and at other times a match winner this year. Admittedly from reserve, where he will undoubtedly find himself again in short order next season. I can't believe Emil won't overtake his average in short order.

Having a very strong reserve is evidence of the management following a plan for the new year, which I believe was scuppered by the departure of Ben Barker.

Mark Plummer said on twitter that it was going to take time, so, lets just all stay calm and wait and see. I still like the thought of seeing PK having one last blast!

If we don't find a suitable No1 and have to go with somebody like Fisher then we'll start the season needing to see big improvements from everybody. Especially, in my opinion MPT, whose gating last year was just dreadful. Replacing him with another one of Emil and Ulrich's mates or somebody like Porsing would hardly be the end of the world.

Just be thankful we can look forward to a new season, for gods sake stop all the negativity its Christmas.

• Like 7

I am a Peterborough fan, I too post occasionally, there obviously is a plan,Simon is part of the plan,I think and yes that is only my opinion, he well deserves to be part of the plan.

We might be now on plan C or M for all I know,Simon hopefully has featured in all of them, I doubt the team that starts the season is the team that finishes it, good luck to them all and a very Merry Christmas to you all too.

P.S,I hope it snows

Thankfully those you refer to do not make the decisions at Peterborough and from what we have seen from Ged so far dumping Simon is unlikely to be his plan.

• Like 4

Edited by stevehone