British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gazc

Glasgow V Plymouth Play Off Qf

When is the K O C final being raced Halifaxtiger not 18/9 not 25/9 so why not 2/10 so no problem us racing same w/end is there

Got to say I'm disappointed with the pricing policy for the LC Final I've just read about on Twitter. £20 to get in on the day or £17 if you buy online by 25/9. Normal entry is £15. Are we getting something extra for the additional fiver? It appears not. The Edinburgh leg is similarly priced, not that I was going but it seems to me the paying fans are being milked because they can. By all means move the ticketing online then it is easier to gauge the crowd level should it be getting close to capacity but FFS treat us with some respect. Its a £15 meeting with 15 heats where the aggregate winner takes the trophy. I'll think about it!

Think some of the problem is that half the playoff teams are Friday night teams.

Got to say I'm disappointed with the pricing policy for the LC Final I've just read about on Twitter. £20 to get in on the day or £17 if you buy online by 25/9. Normal entry is £15. Are we getting something extra for the additional fiver? It appears not. The Edinburgh leg is similarly priced, not that I was going but it seems to me the paying fans are being milked because they can. By all means move the ticketing online then it is easier to gauge the crowd level should it be getting close to capacity but FFS treat us with some respect. Its a £15 meeting with 15 heats where the aggregate winner takes the trophy. I'll think about it!

I bet 12 months ago you'd have happily paid £20 to see your team in a LC final!

So some people want Glasgow to go to Plymouth this Friday, Palovaara has to practise on Fri for world u21 on the Sat and Sarjeant is racing for Coventry in the play offs, Plymouth would be without there capt Newman too, why race all season to reach play offs and race with 2 guests and RR, c'mon get real, what's the rush this season compared to any other year?

• Like 8

I bet 12 months ago you'd have happily paid £20 to see your team in a LC final!

Twelve months ago we had unsurmountable debts and were dead in the water with crowds of 450/500 so yes. That was then, now our poorest crowd of the season has been around 1200, we will likely double that for the LCF and we owe no one. There's nothing I can see that justifies a 25% increase for the same number of races.

Twelve months ago we had unsurmountable debts and were dead in the water with crowds of 450/500 so yes. That was then, now our poorest crowd of the season has been around 1200, we will likely double that for the LCF and we owe no one. There's nothing I can see that justifies a 25% increase for the same number of races.

I accept it's frustrating but take the positives. You're not dead and buried and you're in with a good chance of some silver wear! 12 months ago it looked like you'd have nothing. I'm glad I get the opportunity for Mick Horton to mug me of an extra £2 on Friday for the EL play-offs! And I hope he can mug me of few more ££ in 2 weeks :D

Aw, c'mon......

I accept it's frustrating but take the positives. You're not dead and buried and you're in with a good chance of some silver wear! 12 months ago it looked like you'd have nothing. I'm glad I get the opportunity for Mick Horton to mug me of an extra £2 on Friday for the EL play-offs! And I hope he can mug me of few more ££ in 2 weeks :D

I want you to take a "lie detector test" :D;)

Aw, c'mon......

Seems you haven't been? Easily 1,200 minimum this season, although half of them kids right enough.

now our poorest crowd of the season has been around 1200,

If only.

George is right. I started wondering about the crowds when a video appeared on the club website saying we needed 1200 just to break even and the facennas said we needed more people on a regular basis. so one night I sat down and counted the crowd for 2 of our meetings based on the many photos that appear on web sites etc and on a night I thought we'd had a good crowd I counted 980 people, a night when I thought it was no bad 760 people. I know its not 100percent accurate but its clear to me we're not averaging 1200+ as suggested by MD. we've lost a lot of space in the front terracing with the need for a clear passageway and a lot of the 1st bend terracing has been lost with the erection of the Tigers Den.

its a cup final for goodness sake against our biggest rivals who've also put their prices up; at least we have decent facilities!