British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Calling All Losers - Who Do You Want To Win?

If we get there.......

R/R for sam and Stevie w in for sedgy if the averages allow....he can make up for missing last years final.........simples!!!

Unfortunately the averages won't allow it quite like that.

Stevie W. is 8.04 from 1st October.

Sedgy will be down to 7.84 (but 8.23 at home)

Sam will be 8.98 (9.42'ish at home).

Ricky Wells is 8.86.

The Fish is 7.52.

Wipeout of Ippo is 7.55 - but please no.

But realistically r/r would have to be for Sam and a guest for Sedgy.

But of course that's only If we get there.

Must admit I prefer Bread's version of "If" to Telly Savalas' one!!

As both riders are on international duty, I think guests would be permitted for both.

Meanwhile, with two Edinburgh riders on parade in Melbourne, and none from Glasgow, I suspect we'll see Blobby reach new heights of paranoia and hysteria in the coming weeks. :D

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Meanwhile, with two Edinburgh riders on parade in Melbourne, and none from Glasgow, I suspect we'll see Blobby reach new heights of paranoia and hysteria in the coming weeks. :D

All the best

Rob

Does seem a bit of a stitch-up.

None from any of the other play-off finalists either.

Just us that cop it again.

Does seem a bit of a stitch-up.

None from any of the other play-off finalists either.

Just us that cop it again.

Maybe they did try other riders ie Nick Morris , Brady Kurtz etc but they maybe decided there clubs were more important due to play off's and cup finals.

Can't get smileys on my mobile so iil take my tongue out my cheek now.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3

It seems Smiling Sam is now the wild card for the Oz GP with Sedgy moving up to 1st reserve and Maxy Fricke in as 2nd reserve.

Monarchs are not racing their Play-off semi final home match till 9th October - dunno when the away leg might be - so it looks like a struggle to get it all fitted in if Monarchs get through to the final.

But we always expected it would be chaos.

And this assumes it doesn't rain in October.

The whole thing is a Joke,PL riders getting wild cards,especially given the situation the Monarchs are in with a chance of winning aTrophy they have competed in a season long competition.Plus there's hardly been a Pl fixture for the last fortnight.

Surprised Fricke wasn't given the Wild Card though.Im assuming it has to do with Aussie Final Placings,Fricke is certainly the better rider on this years form.

Edited by Fromafar

The joke is that the PL can't get their fixtures sorted out despite knowing the GP date at the beginning of the season and the possibility of Aussie riders in the PL being involved.

I thought the Premier Trophy League Cup season opener was ................ a season opener?

Should have been out of the way months ago - or else the competition should have been the season closer.

Just think - the play-off crowds might have been even higher if the matches took place in warmer weather rather than the cold, wet nights we often get in October.

• Like 1

The joke is that the PL can't get their fixtures sorted out despite knowing the GP date at the beginning of the season and the possibility of Aussie riders in the PL being involved.

I thought the Premier Trophy League Cup season opener was ................ a season opener?

Should have been out of the way months ago - or else the competition should have been the season closer.

Just think - the play-off crowds might have been even higher if the matches took place in warmer weather rather than the cold, wet nights we often get in October.

One of the problems is mid season when all the riders are busy with other Teams and other country we avoid running fixtures and now these riders have nothing left on the Continent ect.,we are quite happy to run in the cold dark October nights,then they wonder where the fans have went,!!!!

Hang on - Almost all of the play-off contenders have had free nights over the past couple of weeks, and we could've been a week or two ahead to avoid all this fixture pile-up and clashes deep into october.

I blame the authorities and whoever runs them - Oh, I've just realised who that is and therefore the futility of this statement!

One of the problems is mid season when all the riders are busy with other Teams and other country we avoid running fixtures and now these riders have nothing left on the Continent ect.,we are quite happy to run in the cold dark October nights,then they wonder where the fans have went,!!!!

You could lookm at it another way, everyone else is packed up and has no speedway but yet we are still being entertained all the way to the end. I agree I would prefer that the crucial matches are run in better conditions but it didn't stop last year's final from being an absolute classic.

Hang on - Almost all of the play-off contenders have had free nights over the past couple of weeks, and we could've been a week or two ahead to avoid all this fixture pile-up and clashes deep into october.

I blame the authorities and whoever runs them - Oh, I've just realised who that is and therefore the futility of this statement!

So if edinburgh suffer as a result maybe everyone will finally realise that the chair of the bspa has so little real influence in what really happens and that it is collectively all speedway clubs that are responsible for the state of our sport. management by committee doesn't work whern the members interests are so varied.

• Like 1

The whole thing is a Joke,PL riders getting wild cards,especially given the situation the Monarchs are in with a chance of winning aTrophy they have competed in a season long competition.Plus there's hardly been a Pl fixture for the last fortnight.

Surprised Fricke wasn't given the Wild Card though.Im assuming it has to do with Aussie Final Placings,Fricke is certainly the better rider on this years form.

However - had there been no 'Play Offs' - guess what - they would have been Champions now as they fully deserve to be.

• Like 1

However - had there been no 'Play Offs' - guess what - they would have been Champions now as they fully deserve to be.

I am talking about Pl riders getting wild cards to the GP which is a joke .The Play -offs were known at the start of the season.

How many years have the playoffs been in?

How many years have the playoffs been in?

Too many................ :mad::mad: :mad:

Too many................ :mad::mad: :mad:

Ask a serious question, get a recycled post from 2009.