British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alan_Jones

British Youth Championship Round 5 @ Rye House - Sun 20th September @ 5pm

It started off as the 4th round but was rained off in June. The new date meant that it would be the 6th and final round but then when Northside was vandalised and their round postponed it moved into it's current position of 5th.

The weather forecast on the day looks reasonable so lets hope the awful weather over the next few days doesn't do too much damage. The later 5pm start may put off some of the northern entrants but it may benefit those that do appear with a more consistent track surface than that provided by the usual 2pm start.

No preview on the Young Lions site yet, but expect about 40 riders and heats across the 4 classes plus 4 finals, all run in a little over 3 hours. The racing has got better with every round this year and it was a classic 500 final that ended the Redcar meeting. Let's hope for more of the same on Sunday.

It started off as the 4th round but was rained off in June. The new date meant that it would be the 6th and final round but then when Northside was vandalised and their round postponed it moved into it's current position of 5th.

The weather forecast on the day looks reasonable so lets hope the awful weather over the next few days doesn't do too much damage. The later 5pm start may put off some of the northern entrants but it may benefit those that do appear with a more consistent track surface than that provided by the usual 2pm start.

No preview on the Young Lions site yet, but expect about 40 riders and heats across the 4 classes plus 4 finals, all run in a little over 3 hours. The racing has got better with every round this year and it was a classic 500 final that ended the Redcar meeting. Let's hope for more of the same on Sunday.

I didn't realise you were there, i would have introduced myself.

Thinking about going, but 44 heats? Don't think I can handle that

you not going eastie shads.

No mate. Done with away meetings this year

125cc

Dan Thompson 3 3 3 3 = 12 1st

Joe Thompson 3 2 2 3 = 10 2nd

Mickie Simpson 2 0 3 2 = 7 3rd

Bailey Fellows 2 3 3 X = 8 4th (F)

Danny Curl 3 1 1 2 = 7

Alex Goldsbrough 2 1 2 1 = 6

Taya Thirtle 0 0 2 2 = 4

Jay Farish 1 1 F N = 2

Corbin Pavitt N/S

Sheldon Davies N/S

Jack Shimelt N/S

150cc

Nathan Ablitt 3 3 2 3 = 11 1st

Jason Edwards 3 3 3 3 = 12 2nd

Taylor Hampshire 2 3 0 2 = 7 3rd

Sam Hagon 2 1 3 0 = 6 4th

Sam Stead R 2 2 1 = 5

Keiron McCoy 2 1 1 1 = 5

Mason O'Rourke 2 R 1 1 = 4

Jacob Clayton 0 R 0 2 = 2

James Laker 1 N 0 R = 1

250cc

Tom Brennan 3 3 3 3 = 12 1st Champion

Kyle Bickley 3 2 3 3 = 11 2nd

Jordan Jenkins 2 2 1 2 = 7 3rd

Charlie Brooks 2 1 2 2 = 7 4th

Kean Dicken 1 0 0 1 = 2

Alex Spooner 0 1 1 0 = 2

Sam Bebee F 1 0 0 = 1

Joe Boatman N/S

500cc

Jack Parkinson 3 3 3 3 = 12 1st Champion

Jamie Halder 2 2 3 2 = 9 2nd

William O'Keefe 1 2 1 3 = 7 3rd

Jack Thomas 3 2 3 3 = 11 4th (X)

Lewis Whitmore 2 2 1 2 = 7

Lewis Miller 1 1 1 2 = 5

Mitchell Beckett 0 0 0 1 = 1

Sam Chapman 1 0 0 0 = 1

Sam Wooley 0 0 1 0 = 1

Kyle Roberts N/S

Macauley Leek N/S

Stephen Whitehouse N/S

Once again a superb British Youth Championship meeting presented in a very professional manner by all concerned. 2 hours 40 minutes to run an event of that nature with so many races, is a great effort, as we've probably all known Elite League

matches to take longer than that at times to get through.

Congratulations to the riders on giving it your all in the name of entertainment, just a shame that so few people bothered to turn up. The normal reason people give for not attending is for financial reasons, but surely most speedway followers can afford £5 to watch some stars of the future, especially if they only have a minimal distance to travel.

It was over a 200-mile round trip for me, but worth every penny of the fuel that it cost me, although I do realise that not everyone could run to that particular expense.

Now looking forward to returning for the NLRC next week.

The 125 Championship was a one-off mtg at P'boro in June, . . . but I can't find anything about a 2015 150cc championship. . ?

The British Lions site, 'Info/History' page says "In 2014 we also ran for the 1st time a one off 150cc final, on the same rules."

Is there one in 2015 ?

Some really good racing yesterday.

Thought Tom Brennan looked good and Kyle Bickley was quick out in the dirt (yes there was some).

Jack Parkinson was quick with times around the low 60 seconds mark.

Well done to all who took part.

Keep it up and maybe we will have some good young riders coming through.

The 125 Championship was a one-off mtg at P'boro in June, . . . but I can't find anything about a 2015 150cc championship. . ?

The British Lions site, 'Info/History' page says "In 2014 we also ran for the 1st time a one off 150cc final, on the same rules."

Is there one in 2015 ?

Being held at Swindon on Sun 11th October prior to their Farewell Meeting

congratulations to Tom Brennan on the 250cc british championship , an eagle for sure in the not to distant future.

congratulations to Tom Brennan on the 250cc british championship , an eagle for sure in the not to distant future.

Tom will be 15 next July and is already being tipped to slot into the Eagles' side. I have seen him at Lakeside, more recently Ipswich now today. Most exciting young Brit I've seen since Robert Lambert. Kyle's not that far behind either.

Read in the Speedway Star that Tom put the fastest time up of the day on his 250 engine faster than all of the 500cc class and even quicker then Jack Parkenson, we have been watching Tom for most of the season at Eastbourne and i have to say he goes better on the 500cc at Eastbourne. He is going to be the one to watch, nice and quite and good on the track.

you dont see his name smashed all over the internet or in your face, i bet at his school they must think he is a chess player.

roll on 2016 if Tom goes to join Eastbourne as i think he has connections there,