Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf2 - Swindon Robins Vs Belle Vue Aces 21 September 2015

I think Kildermand's problem lies with his peripheral vision. He keeps thinking someone is within a couple of metres of him and takes a dive.

The Ashley Young of speedway

Careful, he is a Peterborough asset!

the worst piece of business ever done by Mr Frost! :o

If Batchelor is only up for it when conditions are perfect, I suggest he tries a different career, hardly ever happens, it didn't stop Nick last night who's also had injuries from putting in a fighting performance.

Couldn't agree more - always been a whining Aussie whinger!

who tends to goes missing in important meetings when the track is wet!. :D

When the dust has settled there'll only be one PK remembered by British Speedway. Yow awright mate? :D

When the dust has settled there'll only be one PK remembered by British Speedway. Yow awright mate? :D

No there won't & they both have given lots of enjoyment to many fans in Britain.

• Like 3

No doubt batch was thinking ahead to the Gp, at the weekend.

Well the racing & entertainment last night, was as about as welcoming as a fart in a space suit!!

Didn't the great Ivan Mauger say a big part of being a speedway rider is mental strength. You really have to question the mental strength of both Batchelor and Kiildemand.

Batchelor not up for a semi final then delivers a disgraceful performance ( as he did at Poole earlier this season, at Leicester and a couple of times at Swindon with single figure scores) and Kildemand has fallen more times than Tommy Allen in his short spell back with us. Get shot of them both.

Question the mental strength of Kiildemand ? 10 GPs, 5 Finals!

• Like 1

Well the racing & entertainment last night, was as about as welcoming as a fart in a space suit!!

Question the mental strength of Kiildemand ? 10 GPs, 5 Finals!

What I'm questioning is his persistent falling from his machine. Sometimes in totallly unchallenged positions. He can be way out in front and still fall. Has to be something psychological. It's not just this season , he's been doing it for years. Sure he is a top class rider, I'm not doubting that, but there aren't too many riders I've seen in over 30 years of watching speedway who hit the deck as regularly as Kildemand, and I can't think of any who do it so regularly when in front unchallenged at the time. I haven't got the exact figures but I reckon he has fallen T least 5 times in Swindon colours this season. In what, 6 matches? Is that acceptable for a GP rider?

Just proves how Swindon relied on Darcy Ward they would not of made the playoffs with out him Kildemand not in the same class

Just as Bees depended on Garrity - an FTR!

• Like 1

Just as Bees depended on Garrity - an FTR!

Which is one of the reasons why the FTR draft is a complete debacle..

• Like 1

Is he ? Did they move with the previous promotion ?

Thankfully he's not a Swindon asset and his net worth took a huge tumble last night. I would be surprised to see him ride in UK next year

• Like 1

At last the justification for Batchelor's performance last night (from the British Speedway promoters Association website):-

"I know a lot of people will be quick to get on Troy Batchelor’s back because he had an awful night. He has been blighted by injuries, the track wasn’t to his liking and you could quite clearly see he just wasn’t up for it.”

Oh God, does this mean Rosco would consider him again next year?

I'd say it would be wrong of Rossiter to attack Batchelor in public after last nights performance but an attempt to defend him using those grounds is astonishing - if I were a Swindon fan I'd be furious.

'Track wasn't to his liking' is bad enough but 'quite clearly see he wasn't up for it' is extraordinary, given that he was the captain of a side in a play off semi final.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

What a shocking statement. It's a good job some of us fans are still up for it, otherwise the sport would be no more!

Modern speedway rider in club meeting can't be arsed shocker!