British Speedway Forum
heathen chemistry

Who Is Going To Be Harkess's Successor?

none of them, independent body please

Send a letter to Santa Claus and he may grant you a Christmas wish , be cause there is as much chance of it happening that way than there is of an independent body being set up anytime soon

we need an independant body but the 'establishment ' dont

we all know how the rules are stupid, bend , manipulated by some promoters (some more than others obviously)

a new face wont change that .............

when you have got a fellow elite promoter ruling over the make up of another elite team its all wrong ........

Edited by heathen chemistry

i will put my money on it being pairman from poole..!

That would keep everything nice & cosy.

Mind you, once Harkess has gone it should take a bit of pressure off the railway staff as there will be one less fare dodger for them to worry about.( allegedly) :D

Edited by Dave Jones

David Hemsley doesn't like the way speedway is run and so it wont be him!!

If it is, at least it will be run properly as a business!!! :party:

• Like 1

If it is, at least it will be run properly as a business!!! :party:

You certainly don't hear any bad stories about Gordon from the three teams he has been involved with. Solid guy.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

Until Speedway is run by an independent person who will sort the rulebook out and run the Sport for the sake of the Sport, Speedway will languish amongst the also rans in British Sport.

• Like 1

Some questions about this notional "independent body":

1. Who will appoint them?

2. Who will have the power to sack them if they prove to be no good?

3. What do they get paid?

4. Who pays them?

5. What happens to a promoter of a team who sticks two fingers up at the independent body and carries on to do his own thing?

5. Who do you have on your short list as being candidates for the job and do you realistically think that they would be remotely interested in spending their time on this task?

Look, as long as the guy who gets the job pays his train fares, then he'll be an improvement on the guy who's in the job now.

Until there are realistic answers to the "who pays the piper/who calls the tunes" questions above then this independent body will just be a fantasy.

Some questions about this notional "independent body":

1. Who will appoint them?

2. Who will have the power to sack them if they prove to be no good?

3. What do they get paid?

4. Who pays them?

5. What happens to a promoter of a team who sticks two fingers up at the independent body and carries on to do his own thing?

5. Who do you have on your short list as being candidates for the job and do you realistically think that they would be remotely interested in spending their time on this task?

Look, as long as the guy who gets the job pays his train fares, then he'll be an improvement on the guy who's in the job now.

Until there are realistic answers to the "who pays the piper/who calls the tunes" questions above then this independent body will just be a fantasy.

The body running the sport should be made up of riders. promoters, referees and supporters. Having this you will have views of the sport from all angles.