Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
heathen chemistry

Who Is Going To Be Harkess's Successor?

The body running the sport should be made up of riders. promoters, referees and supporters. Having this you will have views of the sport from all angles.

In practice promoters are the only ones who stand to lose (financial) from an independent body which makes poor decisions and negatively impacts their businesses.

An independent body sounds great in theory, but I'm not sure what people expect them to do which would be materially different from what the BSPA does today.

• Like 1

none of them, independent body please

I actually agree with you.

It will never happen though.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

I reckon the White Knight :wink:

• Like 1

Maybe a cross section would be a better and more palatable solution to the problem with current/past promoters and riders plus other informed individuals such as Refs having an input on the running of the sport . We do need the views of current promoters to say what is the situation of the sport now and to allow informed dicisions to be made for the good of the sport not just on vested interests as would appear to happen now .If there was also input by non speedway parties as well this IMO would add balance to the whole process something that at the moment is sadly lacking .

maybe it should be jeremy corbyn , he seems honest and decent enough ;) ;)

And dead set against competitive sports and totally danger adverse. He'll make sure everyone is wrapped up in enough cotton wool to avoid getting hurt and every race has four "little winners" lol.

An independent body sounds great in theory, but I'm not sure what people expect them to do which would be materially different from what the BSPA does today.

I doubt it would be the salvation of the underlying structural issues afflicting the sport, but it may remove the parochial self-interested decision making of the BSPA Management Committee. An independent perspective might also influence certain rule making for the better.

More and more sporting bodies are adopting independent representatives on their main decision making boards, precisely because it's recognised that team representatives acting as directors are unable to see the wood from the trees.

I reckon the White Knight :wink:

Haha orion. :t::rofl:

At least we would see the end of Tactical Rides and Play Offs. :t::rofl:

I doubt it would be the salvation of the underlying structural issues afflicting the sport, but it may remove the parochial self-interested decision making of the BSPA Management Committee. An independent perspective might also influence certain rule making for the better.

More and more sporting bodies are adopting independent representatives on their main decision making boards, precisely because it's recognised that team representatives acting as directors are unable to see the wood from the trees.

Better not tell Trees that. :unsure::blink::rofl:

I have many times asked Promoters about a intepentant Person to run Speedway, the reply is always the same, If you have no money in the sport you can't run it

I have many times asked Promoters about a intepentant Person to run Speedway, the reply is always the same, If you have no money in the sport you can't run it

Doesn't surprise me. And I doubt if there is a single person here who would hand over the running of their households to an independent person while they just did all the work.

• Like 2

I suspect it will be Gordon Pairman

if its him expect more of the same of what weve just put up with, (manipulation,bending,dispensations,anything goes)

Anybody who:

1) has sufficient knowledge of speedway

2) the personal and organisational skills needed to head an independent body; and

3) sanity

would run a mile from the post if it was offered

• Like 1

The body running the sport should be made up of riders. promoters, referees and supporters. Having this you will have views of the sport from all angles.

how is that an independent body then ?

its fine the way it is.

only people that seem to complain is when it effects their club. :t: