British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

So do you excude every rider who takes his google off during a race?

If the rules say they must be worn then 'yes' is the answer..

Not actually seen riders remove goggles since the advent of the 'tear offs' many, many moons ago and the 'roller system' they use now is even more advanced...

The only word that I can think of to describe BVs performance last night is INEPT.

The debacle was surely down to 2 BV riders, Steve Worrall, and Stef Nielson. Worral and Nielson turned in paid 3 points between them whilst their Poole counterparts scored paid 22 points. The BV pair were supposedly one of the strongest reserve pairings in the league. Last night they looked like NL riders. I have to say that I feel sorry for Mark Lemon. He must have been tearing his hair out. The BV "Fightback" hasn't got me convinced at all. Lord Fraud is a business man. I have a feeling that he instructed the Poole team to ease up on the gas later on in the meeting. He could see that the gate money would have been adversely affected for the 2nd leg, if BV had trailed by 8-10 points. I suspect that the 2nd leg is now just a formality. :sad:

• Like 2

Had it been anyone else then, Yes they COULD do that. But as its effects Poole, then it will be swept under the carpet. Again another inefficient refereeing decision that inhibits the sport..

Hard to knock Newman as he was a bit special. Takes me think back to last years AGM when he was declared as the 7th best FTR in the league (what a joke!!), just so Poole could have first choice of Starke. That scam, sure came home to roost last night...... Wonder what form of rider order will be employed next year, ???

Got really fed up with Tatum telling the ref what to do..... Thought BV shot themselves in the foot. The 2 reserves and Fricke weren't good enough for a final, but their top riders got it back to level. Poole's HL's weren't very good either, but their Reserve's and the Ref, got them out of jail.

Wonder what shunt, Ford will pull in the 2nd Leg?????? :rofl::t:

Ford wont need to do anything for the second leg,we will win easily, thought starke would struggle as he didnt score there last time, newman is usually good there so no surprise there but worrall is a good rider and he didnt even improve as the track got better. Be a shame if Kacper doesnt make it, has had a terrific season especially at home but he should be ok. As for, its Poole so it will be swept under the carpet absolute rubbish, if the rules dont allow the result to be changed then that is the rule, the start marshall probably didnt know the rule and neither did kyle newman or forgot in the heat of the moment and the ref probably didnt see it.
  • Like 2

i seem to remember colin goody getting disqualified for starting a race with a full exhaust pipe ...losing a part during a race..so finishing with out a full length pipe..(possibly a silencer cant remember if they were being usd back then) riding for poole at the time

Ford wont need to do anything for the second leg,we will win easily, thought starke would struggle as he didnt score there last time, newman is usually good there so no surprise there but worrall is a good rider and he didnt even improve as the track got better. Be a shame if Kacper doesnt make it, has had a terrific season especially at home but he should be ok. As for, its Poole so it will be swept under the carpet absolute rubbish, if the rules dont allow the result to be changed then that is the rule, the start marshall probably didnt know the rule and neither did kyle newman or forgot in the heat of the moment and the ref probably didnt see it and i dont think we had first pick in the draft, Wolves could have had Starke but they chose Bates i think, im sure you will correct me if im wrong!

Edited by foreverblue

The thing is, removing two points isnt enough. BV should get 2 as well. But even that's not right. He's have gone off 15 metres putting Starke on gate 2 and anything could have happened then. The referee messed up and has possibly had a major effect on the result.

I agree. Let's give BV 10 points and ban Kyle from the 2nd meeting.

How's that?

I was expecting a ten point advantage at least and if we had started as we finished we would have, but our reserves were hopeless, they will have to do better than that at poole otherwise its all over... We can still do it but its going to be a tough ask......

dakota north has road illegal all season ,the rule is, not sure which number, but nothing must be hanging from outside the helmet no hair or scarves mr north hair is half way down his back likewise with an ex poole rider in sweden and the grand prix !! .

Gogglegate .

No blame attached to Kyle Newman, it was a final and he wanted to win. No blame attached to Poole either. The officials however are a different matter.

I have no idea of the criteria needed to be a start marshall i.e do they have to have a knowledge of the rules but he clearly knew Newman was not wearing goggles. To be honest there are a few SM around the country who wouldn't even have attempted to help an opposing rider.

The referee obviously hadn't been to Specsavers. Mark Lemon has tweeted that he queried the lack of goggles with the ref before heat 12 and the ref said he didn't notice. What the hell was he watching? The Start marshall was fiddling with them for some time and that after Newman tried to sort it whilst the SM held Newmans handlebars/control. Surely the ref must have noticed something was occurring and kept an eye on it. But no he was totally oblivious. I therefore question his competence to be in charge of any meeting in the future.

It's all very well Poole fans saying so what it was his choice but some rules are there to protect riders such as Newman, whose emotions overcome their common sense in the heat of battle and last night the referee failed miserably. Thankfully without any dire consequences. Let's hope Newman didn't get any shale/grit in his eye and doesn't have vision problems on Wednesday (or at any time).

I sincerely hope that Belle Vue don't lose out by a couple of points because Poole did nothing wrong last night, and that's not something you have been able to say very often over the years. Having said that BV staged a remarkable come back and Zagar and Cook were superb.

I wanted it to be decided on the track and to be honest overall it was. Let's hope Wednesday sees a good match and it's decided on the track.

My heart still wants Belle Vue to do it tho just because of the fairy tale of leaving KL and going into the much heralded new stadium as the The Champs.

Given the size of the rulebook i doubt anyone knows it inside out.

At Mildenhall on Sunday One rider touched the tapes and went off 15 metres, in the re run a second rider touched the tapes, the re run was delayed while the Ref checked the rules and found the second rider had to be excluded as you can't have two riders off fifteen in a league match. However you can in an individual meeting. How many people knew that? Not many including the refs as it doesn't happen often neither does racing without goggles.But the rule Seems daft as in wet meetings riders discard their eye protection during the race

Everyone knocks the Refs but its not an easy job especially the pittance they are paid. So the ref at BV missed a trick, Newman did break the rules and should be excluded and the result amended to a 3-3, they have time to meet and decide just as they do with red cards in football and missed incidents in Rugby, If they do nothing then thats another reason for people to say our sport is a joke.

stop talking out your backside pillock. The rule is you must wear goggles. He didn't. Therefore he should be excluded it's black and white

His stupidity could of caused a fatal or serious injury by not wearing goggles.

I don't see why Newman's points should be removed from that race. It's not as if he gained an advantage.

Goggles being worn would be a safety issue and the ref should not have let the race go, but once he did I don't see it as an issue really.

Newman lucky though, because if the ref had insisted he put his goggles on he probably would have been excluded on 2 minutes.

He did get an advantage by the fact that he raced when he clearly was not in position to do so.

• Like 1

Yes you do need to grow up.

They don't risk their lives for our entertainment, they risk it for THEIR entertainment and to get paid.

As for booing, it's called an atmosphere in a playoff final, sport needs more of it.

Wow excuse me, the amount of defense used in you're post suggests that you maybe the next Bobby Moore.

This is why I stay on the Years Gone By thread which seems to be child free unlike this thread which as we can see from this post.

Unless a rider has been dangerous, I didn't think riders get booed all night constantly which either shows the people who agree to do it are either children or thugs.

I have yet to decide which of those you are but I could probably hazard a guess that your Super Mario isn't keeping you occupied enough.

RIders don't risk their lives to only give us entertainment. They take risks that they are happy to accept because they enjoy racing, riding a bike and to earn a decent living doing something they enoy..

I agree but I do not agree they deserve booing through a meeting from start to finish.

Even the most memorable rivalries of Cradley Heath and Wolves were never as bad as that and Poole and Belle Vue are not even rivals.

Sorry but do not agree with it.

• Like 1

Here we go again...................anyone who actually watched what was going on could clearly see that Kyle had a problem with his goggles.............the start marshall tried to help him but could not..............the alternative was to go back to the pits and be excluded for two minutes as I believe he could not be brought a pair of goggles to the start line as that is also against the rules I believe.........no outside assistance when at the tapes...................

Oh but then again it is Poole and everyone will conveniently forget about Worrall staying down in heat two when he could have cleared the track............

RP

His stupidity could of caused a fatal or serious injury by not wearing goggles.

Nurse! He's escaped again...

• Like 3

Paul Starke 3 2/1 1/1 3 0 = 9+2

If Aces fans want to blame someone try CVS. He thought Bates was better than Starke and handed the latter to Poole on a plate :D