British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

For me it's the same scenario with a rider who has clearly touched the tapes and the referee hasn't seen it, the race starts and is called as it finishes. I haven't heard of a ref who has gone back and said 'apologies for missing the tapes infringement but the rider in red has to be excluded now'

It's happened, nothing to see here, move along.

All to play for now tomorrow as I really thought BV were absolutely dead and buried last night.

They were , Poole were just "sandbagging" as they have been for most of the season. :D

Edited by Dave Jones

As a "neutral" in here (seems like you have to either love or hate Poole to be allowed to post in here!) I think that the 2 points should be taken away from Newman and given to Belle Vue as rules are rules and just because the officials are so incompetent (as nearly always!) and didnt appear to know them, then there's no reason that errors like that can't be rectified after the event. Would make the second leg a little more interesting too if BV had a 4 point lead going into it!

Mind you, Poole are going to be so fired up for Darcy though that I think BV would need a 15 point lead to have any chance anyway.

Janowski was a total embarrassment though last night (and showed why he will never ever be a really World class rider) and owes it to Poole to put in a top performance on Wednesday and if he does, then there will only be one winner and to be fair, Poole would be worthy winners over the course of the whole season.

My thoughts too and the same thing happened at Coventry with two miraculous 5-1's to the Bees so the match was drawn. Probably what Sky wanted as well.

Who was the referee? :unsure:

It appears that the chap in the referee box, powdering his nose at the wrong time was Graham Flint. :lol:

I will just be glad when the kindergarten closes for the season, and we can all get back to important matters. That includes you Starman :wink:

As a "neutral" in here (seems like you have to either love or hate Poole to be allowed to post in here!) I think that the 2 points should be taken away from Newman and given to Belle Vue as rules are rules and just because the officials are so incompetent (as nearly always!) and didnt appear to know them, then there's no reason that errors like that can't be rectified after the event. Would make the second leg a little more interesting too if BV had a 4 point lead going into it!

Mind you, Poole are going to be so fired up for Darcy though that I think BV would need a 15 point lead to have any chance anyway.

Janowski was a total embarrassment though last night (and showed why he will never ever be a really World class rider) and owes it to Poole to put in a top performance on Wednesday and if he does, then there will only be one winner and to be fair, Poole would be worthy winners over the course of the whole season.

Janowski is a top class rider he is in the top eight in the gp series just had an off night even the best have those and he will be a different rider wednesday.

• Like 2

HALLELUJAH! Why was that so hard to admit?

I said that last night, clearly you are as Th-ck as two short planks.

Under number #263 I stated that a heat 16 had been organised for everyone to walk the very last lap round the track to raise money for Darcy. Unfortunately the track manager, who works for the GRA who own the stadium, refused to allow us to do it under health and safety rules at the last minute for reasons we have been unable to fully understand, how walking round an empty track is dangerous is beyond me. So I apologise for misinforming you, and share the disappointment shared by all the fans, Aces and Poole.

Nobody had goggles on I guess ;)

Yes that was a real shame,not only for the fund raising but with it being the last meeting ever.

Did you still pass the bucket round ?

• Like 1

I said that last night, clearly you are as Th-ck as two short planks.

So you accept he didnt have his goggles on. The rule say you have to wear goggles. Do you accept he broke the rules then?

In which case the referee must have missed it. It must have been hard to see something so small from his box. It's no different to when a referee misses a rider touching the tapes or moving at the start. Once the result is declared it isn't going to be changed. The ref missed it, the result was declared and the result will not be changed. Time to move on now.

Congratulations on your (sensible) change of name.
That's certainly an interesting group of friends you have there.

pfffffffffffffft.

I don't think Poole took their foot off the gas at all last night. They were not good enough to do so and would have been crazy to try. Their early dominance was down in a large part to Belle Vue's mistakes - the worst being in heat two. Steve Worral had a nightmare. The second half evened it up and Poole are guaranteed a huge crowd ANYWAY on Wednesday.

Give Belle Vue the two points and have done with it. The Poole fans on here trying to argue the toss are not doing their team's reputation any favours - but they will probably win over the piece.

Middleditch should come out and say that safety is a priority and this has been drummed into his team.

Losing a chain guard or dirt deflector during a race isn't a disqualification issue, starting without them is.

Quite right. The only exception is finishing with a defective exhaust or fitting.

pfffffffffffffft.

I don't think Poole took their foot off the gas at all last night. They were not good enough to do so and would have been crazy to try. Their early dominance was down in a large part to Belle Vue's mistakes - the worst being in heat two. Steve Worral had a nightmare. The second half evened it up and Poole are guaranteed a huge crowd ANYWAY on Wednesday.

Give Belle Vue the two points and have done with it. The Poole fans on here trying to argue the toss are not doing their team's reputation any favours - but they will probably win over the piece.

Middleditch should come out and say that safety is a priority and this has been drummed into his team.

I agree, I don't think they took their foot off the gas either, Belle Vue seemed to have got their 2nd half setups spot on and had the bit between their teeth so to speak. However, whether they are or are not good enough to do so is a matter of opinion. Top of the league says they are a pretty good side, and a big advantage up on the night away from home, could be seen by some as they were good enough to do so? Foolish yes if so. Heat 2 was imo Belle Vue's fault, not a mistake. Had Steve had cleared the track which would have been the correct thing to do in that circumstance they would have got a 1-5 and Belle Vue would be going to Poole 1 point up. Maybe it was a mistake to choose to stay down? Which then went on to cost the team a point. Steve Worral had a nightmare, so did Kascper and Majic also.

No, don't give Belle Vue the 2 points. If the authorities decide this is correct then fine, no arguments from me. But you simply do not "Give" points away. Has anyone brought up the fact that the ref had the option to exclude the rider or stop the heat? So could it be the refs fault for not preventing the rider to race? If so every time a ref makes a wrong decision it goes to a hearing board then every match would have appeals thrown left right and center.

I was a great meeting of 2 half's you could say, lets enjoy the 2nd leg. :)

• Like 1

Having not read all of the posts on here it's quite obvious Newman did breech the regulations regarding use of goggles and some punishment should be applied, however as we all know the Poole management dictate the rules of speedway and make them up as they go along so absolutely nothing whatsoever will be done.

There's no point in it being debated further.

All I hope is the 2nd leg isn't too one sided and we get some decent Speedway to end the Elite league season.

So you accept he didnt have his goggles on. The rule say you have to wear goggles. Do you accept he broke the rules then?

You really are an idiot. I told you all this last night, clearly your memory is very poor. Like your signature, you more confused than a cow on astroturf. His strap broke, whats he suposed to do, go back to the pits and get excluded.. You really are the pits.

I would bet you a £1 to a penny had it been a Coventry rider things might have been different yeh. Nevermind, you might have gotten over it by March..

Edited by Starman2006

Having not read all of the posts on here it's quite obvious Newman did breech the regulations regarding use of goggles and some punishment should be applied, however as we all know the Poole management dictate the rules of speedway and make them up as they go along so absolutely nothing whatsoever will be done.

Total bollocks and not even funny

There's no point in it being debated further.

Agreed

All I hope is the 2nd leg isn't too one sided and we get some decent Speedway to end the Elite league season.

You really are an idiot. I told you all this last night, clearly your memory is very poor. Like your signature, you more confused than a cow on astroturf. His strap broke, whats he suposed to do, go back to the pits and get excluded.. You really are the pits.

I would bet you a £1 to a penny had it been a Coventry rider things might have been different yeh. Nevermind, you might have gotten over it by March..

Yes. Thats exactly what is meant to happen. What do you think is meant to happen?