British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

IMO, the fault lies as much with the 2 SCB officials - Referee and Start Marshall - who not only allowed the rider to race and break a rule but also allowed the race to finish and declare/announce the race result as well as the final meeting result.

The start marshall was not at fault. It is not within his remit. The fault entirely rests with Graham Flint, the referee.

• Like 1

Just fell out of bed and I see "gogglegate" is still going strong. Just going to call the nurse cos my stitches in my side have split again. Roll on tonight. Woo hoooooo

UP YE PIRATES.💀

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates
  • Like 1

Be 8 o'clock start now then

??

I just love all the 'he broke a rule' brigade (which he did!!) and they then invent whatever penalty suits their argument.

IMO, the fault lies as much with the 2 SCB officials - Referee and Start Marshall - who not only allowed the rider to race and break a rule but also allowed the race to finish and declare/announce the race result as well as the final meeting result.

The rest is all ifs, buts and maybe's. The rider should be fined retrospectively just as BV have 'written to the SCB' retrospectively rather than officially protesting, with fee, on the night.

One thing is for sure, BV's actions after the event have really got the Poole team going, so expect a humdinger of a meeting tonight!!

#DoItForDarcy. :-)

Wasn't Tony Steele in the pits? Surely he would have known! Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

??

Wasn't Tony Steele in the pits? Surely he would have known!

Yes he was in the pits, but the 'spare' refs at televised meetings all have coordinating roles to assist the meeting to go smoothly. Doubt he would have been watching the monitor, and it is obvious Graham wasn't either.

Sad that some go here are trying to lynch someone, when it is plain that a genuine mistake has been made.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

Ah but what about H&S, have they thought about that:-)

Not sure, and I do not know if one or other will be excluded if there is any tripping up or a punch up between them part of the way round the lap.

Edited by A ORLOV

Well things don't look good for Poole. Belle Vue cruised to an easy zero point lead on Monday making it virtually unthinkable that Poole will be able to claw it back.

Sadly for the Aces fans, Monday will live long in the memory of all genuine speedway fans due to the unrelenting cheating by the home side.

Firstly we had Worrall's pathetic attempt to get the race stopped in heat two, followed by Nielsen attempting to get Starke disqualified in the re run.

Later we saw the Belle Vue start marshall physically wrestling Newman's goggles away from him on the start line in heat 12, in a desperate attempt to disadvantage the Poole man.

Additionally, Crump was sent round to the Poole pits in a cynical attempt to bore them into submission.

Then, finding themselves 13 points behind, the despicable Aces went out and actually rode well in order to get themselves back into the meeting.

It really was a disgraceful show from Belle Vue and I suspect that most of the fans are absolutely ashamed of their club ahead of tonights formality.

Fortunately, my club, the world famous Poole Pirates would never sink to such depths to win a meeting, and for that I am grateful.

Anyway, I must dash, I've got to phone the travel agent and book my flight to Rome.

Lmao ya loon

I personally blame Ronnie Russell....after all everything is usually his fault at a live Sky meeting... :shock: :shock:

• Like 2

Yes he was in the pits, but the 'spare' refs at televised meetings all have coordinating roles to assist the meeting to go smoothly. Doubt he would have been watching the monitor, and it is obvious Graham wasn't either.

Sad that some go here are trying to lynch someone, when it is plain that a genuine mistake has been made.

But if Lemo is correct that he contacted the referee to tell him.... I get the referee could miss it, thats fair enough and easy enough but when he was informed....

Anyway, has anyone seen Drop a Cog? I'm worried he's had a heart attack due to the play-offs! Or has got lost in that big crowd on Monday?!

Most and certainly I accept it was a mistake, not the fault of Poole or Belle Vue but the referee. None of that alters the position that a safety rule was broken and as a result the rider concerned should be excluded. That is not making anything up, he rode in contravention of the rules, therfore he rode illegally. Belle Vue have done exactly what Poole would have done if the roles were reversed.

If that motivates Poole, as Skidder1 seems to think, then so be it but I would have thought they had particular reason at the moment to support anyone trying to ensure that safety is paramount.

Edited by Aces51

What will happen tonight at the end of the meeting if Poole only win by 1 or 2 points and the result of any adjustment to the score of the first leg re the goggles issue has not been decided.

Also if there is a points adjustment the first leg should be changed to 48 - 44.

He deserves his points as no advantage to racing, but should be fined for not adhering to rules

He got an advantage because he should've been excluded for not wearing goggles!

Its a bit like a footballer scoring with out his boots on as there was no advantage but the rules say he cant touch the ball without both boots on. Its the rules!

??

Wasn't Tony Steele in the pits? Surely he would have known!

He was probably too busy looking for damp coming through the track.

What will happen tonight at the end of the meeting if Poole only win by 1 or 2 points and the result of any adjustment to the score of the first leg re the goggles issue has not been decided.

Also if there is a points adjustment the first leg should be changed to 48 - 44.

Extremely unlikely. If Poole win by less than 10 I may hang up my pen, and programme board :lol:

• Like 1

Extremely unlikely. If Poole win by less than 10 I may hang up my pen, and programme board :lol:

I think you've just motivated your two pet hates, Zagar and Cook.

I think you've just motivated your two pet hates, Zagar and Cook.

I have to hold my hands up there. Zagar, and Cook, were about the only bright stars on Monday night, apart from Scottie, of course.

I don't hate Zagar and Cook. I just have doubts about Zagar's dedication to the task, and Cook's ability anywhere except Kirky Lane. In Zagars case, a real number 1 is not happy to coast around at the back when he has missed the gate, and I cannot forget the disgraceful episode at Beaumont Park. I know Zagar has real talent, but how any real BV fan can excuse his actions I cannot imagine. In Cookie's case I think he has just stayed in the PL too long, although I realise that, financially it must be just about impossible to balance the books on EL earnings. Sadly, too often CC has failed to come to the plate when the Aces needed it. TBF he is not an EL heat leader, but he has been expected to do the job. :wink:

• Like 1

Surely the SCB have got to make a decision today?

If they don't make a statement today it's going to look like they waited to make sure Poole won by more than 4 points before reaching a decision.

Seems quite clear to me. Newman wasn't ready to race at the expiry of the 2 minute allowance as he wasn't wearing goggles, so he must be disqualified. The 2 points he scored in the race should be removed and the score becomes 46-44.

I don't blame the referee for missing the fact that a rider went out without goggles. It's not that easy to see from a distance. BUt why didn't he review TV evidence and make a decision? He used TV replays before excluding Nicholls for tape touching, and before excluding Cook in the first bend bunching incident. Why didn't he use a replay to review gogglegate?

• Like 4

I'd like to put #gogglegate behind me. It's time to move on, accept mistakes have been made and look to the future with renewed optimism etc etc etc.

I still think this is an incredibly exciting prospect. Poole the favourites but there will be some great racing with Cook, Holder, Zagar, Newman involved. Hopefully Nigel '5-1 out of the gate' Pearson doesn't have a heart attack and Simon Stead doesn't get too tongue tied.