British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

Well done Poole champions. Unlucky the aces but a good fight.

• Like 2

So Poole win by 2 points after Newman cheated at Belle Vue by racing without goggles to gain two points. I think we can be sure that incident will now be buried "in the best interests of speedway".

How can a rider can get away with racing without goggles in order to avoid a crucial two minute exclusion and gain 2 vital points that turn out to be enough to win the league. It would make the sport a farce if only it were funny.

But then that's just an inconvenient technicality, isn't it Poole fans?

It's a shame because the Poole team rode well overall - I just cannot stand injustice, especially when it could have been easily avoided.

A fitting finale to a shocking season.

Edited by rmc

That little bit of experience in the grand final paid off for Poole. Belle Vue put up a really good fight, but the opening few heats on Monday ultimately came back and bit them. But they can look to what is hopefully a good future at their new stadium. Well done to Poole. They had to guard against complacency and got over the line.

Interesting to read about the booing from Belle Vue fans. Dont think there's anything wrong with a bit of pantomime booing as it aids the atmosphere. I've been at Wolves Cradley matches where there's been bloody fighting, never mind booing.

Edited by mb1990
  • Like 3

I'm sure 'GoggleGate' will go into overdrive but everyone has to remember that it isn't Poole's problem or fault.

The meeting referee is the problem

Congratulations to the Pirates but boy did those Aces make you sweat

• Like 1

Exactly. We should be looking at Golden heats now if the Ref/SCB had done the job.

Well done Belle Vue. Gave 100% over both legs

Best I have ever seen Craig Cook

RUBBISH!.............................but not in the way you think I mean it!!...IF people actually thought about things rather than just follow the others like sheep, you'd realise that IF Newman had been disqualified from that heat on Monday (rightly or wrongly), then Poole would have had 2 less points and Belle Vue 2 MORE, so it WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A GOLDEN HEAT at all!!!..........I wish people would actually think before they post!!

• Like 2

Well that 5-1 is not what the SCB wanted is it?!

Just a timely statement would have done, either way. What is it with the governing bodies of this sport?

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 1

Very, very interesting. Poole win on aggregate by 2 points. Were they the SAME 2 points that should be deleted from the Pirates for Gogglegate at Kirky Lane ?

This will rumble on for years :t:

That little bit of experience in the grand final paid off for Poole. Belle Vue put up a really good fight, but the opening few heats on Monday ultimately came back and bit them. But they can look to what is hopefully a good future at their new stadium. Well done to Poole. They had to guard against complacency and got over the line.

Interesting to read about the booing from Belle Vue fans. Dont think there's anything wrong with a bit of pantomime booing as it aids the atmosphere. I've been at Wolves Cradley matches where there's been bloody fighting, never mind booing.

And that was just the women :rofl:

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 3

Not even going to enjoy the celebrations....Feel really bad for BV....Been well and truly screwed by goggle gate....But as I have said on many occasions the BSPA have no backbone....

Top post 👍🏻

• Like 2

RUBBISH!.............................but not in the way you think I mean it!!...IF people actually thought about things rather than just follow the others like sheep, you'd realise that IF Newman had been disqualified from that heat on Monday (rightly or wrongly), then Poole would have had 2 less points and Belle Vue 2 MORE, so it WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A GOLDEN HEAT at all!!!..........I wish people would actually think before they post!!

Think you're wrong actually mate. BV wouldn't have been given the points as I understand it the first leg would also have finished 46-44. You can't be given points you haven't earned. That's just my understanding but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Think you're wrong actually mate. BV wouldn't have been given the points as I understand it the first leg would also have finished 46-44. You can't be given points you haven't earned. That's just my understanding but perhaps I'm mistaken.

I think he is referring to the eventuality had the rules been followed correctly in the first place.

Of course everything else would have been different from that point on as well.

The reality is the SCB have been utterly inept in this matter, were desperately hoping for a result that meant it was irrelevant and have now been left with egg on their face.

Another farce for the sport.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 4