British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

If it was down to playing by the rules and fair sportsmanship then Poole wouldn't be champions at heat 15

So Poole won by a rider breaking the rules and illegally gaining 2 points over the opposition and then win the championship by 2 points they illegally got, so how do Poole expect neutrals to congratulate them let alone belle vue fans who were robbed a run off.

Hang on surely the point of any penalty award is to put the position back as if the error had not been made (note error and not poole cheating). In this case the correct decision would have been to exclude kyle under the 2 minute ruling and the heat re-run with him off 15m. Therefore you still have a race with all 4 riders and all scorelines possible.

Had it been a scenario where poole only had 1 rider then yes, it's perfectly reasonable to alter the heat score although how you decide on 3 all, 5-1 or 4-2 is beyond me.

• Like 1

Cookie what a star!

I believe he will be in Ekstraliga next year. Guy is loving grippy tracks and knows how to gate.

Rzeszow? Wroclaw (together with Tai)?

So What yout saying it's ok to break the rules,if so why have a rule book ?

Did Poole win it or did the ref win it for Poole in the first leg.

You can look at any number of things from the rulebook during a season.

It also states 15.2.3 If there is a re-run where a disqualification is ordered, the 2-minute allowance shall be given following a 1-minute delay.

Craig Cook had longer than that for heat 14 against Swindon in the league (he should have been disqualified from 15m). Swindon could then have possibly got a draw or win putting Belle Vue out the play-off's. :cheers:

• Like 2

Gomolski 3 points from 7 rides round Kirky Lane this season so my money is on him getting "injured" next weekend

He will be ill by Monday

Crystal ball to both of you, but not in the way you implied. :party::party::P

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 4

You can look at any number of things from the rulebook during a season.

It also states 15.2.3 If there is a re-run where a disqualification is ordered, the 2-minute allowance shall be given following a 1-minute delay.

Craig Cook had longer than that for heat 14 against Swindon in the league (he should have been disqualified from 15m). Swindon could then have possibly got a draw or win putting Belle Vue out the play-off's. :cheers:

Er, we'd have still won.

My congrats to the Aces. You became a remarkable team this season and were rightly Play Off finalists. A great club with so much history. Never giving up and I can say I am one relieved Pirate supporter cos I thought you were on the way for a win.

Finally to my beloved Pirates, I LOVE YOU🙌💀💙

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates
  • Like 2

#43. It was 43 years since the last triple champions....Belle Vue.

The Pirates won this years triple in heat 14 with riders numbered 4 & 3.

STAY STRONG #43. DARCY WARD. Here's to you man. 👍

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates
  • Like 1

Well that was thoroughly enjoyable. Congratulations to Poole on winning but also congratulations to Belle Vue on putting up a great fight and just missing out. I was supporting BV because of their Edinburgh connections but I have a lot of time for Poole and how they promote speedway there.

So pleased that Cookie showed his true talent on the big stage (although worried it might persuade him to leave the PL) - he was the top rider over the two legs. Also thought Scott Nicholls performed magnificently in both legs. Matej Zager was brilliant in the first leg and tried his heart out tonight for little reward. For Poole Maciej was magic tonight and played a captain's role to get his team over the line.

I think if the BV track had been prepared as normal they would have taken a reasonable lead to Poole and might just have won the title. I don't think there's anything in 'gogglegate'. I'm sure not many fans knew it was illegal (I certainly didn't) and I thought it was very brave of Kyle to ride without goggles rather than get excluded for time (for those that don't know, it's much more difficult to race speedway without goggles than with them).

Two great meetings in front of two big crowds that came over very well on TV. Well done to all involved.

• Like 3

That was exciting by far best I've seen on sky for a while....well somerset v glasgow a few year back was just as good.

Congratulations to Poole on retaining their title and a massive well done to the Aces for getting so close. To lose out by just two points is really gutting especially when you look at the points we threw away in the first leg with falls exclusions etc, but hey thats all part and parcel of professional sport, swings and roundabouts. As for the goggle discussion i have to admit it makes it a tad harder to take but to say poole cheated is silly, if anything it was the oifficial at fault. When man utd lost out in the champions league to an offside Porto goal they didnt cheat the ref made a mistake it happens in all sport. More telling was the number of points our reserves were outscored by, i just think the occasion got to stefan and steve but the experiance will make them stronger. I just hope that this is a stepping stone for us to re-establish our club to what it used to be, weve just had a successful season, we have a new stadium, the best manager weve had in many a year so lets take the positives, wish Poole all the best and go again next year and aim for one place higher. Pity i couldnt get down tonight as im going away but overall a great final rode in the right manner with some superb racing, rather than see us as losers i look at speedway being the winner, on nights like monday and tonight its by far the best sport out there and needs to be promoted as such. Roll on March :D

• Like 7

That was nail biting, TV fans of both Teams would have been on the edge of their seats and worrying about the next heat .Great meetings and sportingly contested by both sets of riders.Great advert for the sport.Cook man of the final over both meetings but Maciej was man of the match tonight, brilliant talent.

• Like 1

That was nail biting, TV fans of both Teams would have been on the edge of their seats and worrying about the next heat .Great meetings and sportingly contested by both sets of riders.Great advert for the sport.Cook man of the final over both meetings but Maciej was man of the match tonight, brilliant talent.

did think maciej, holder and zagar may be pre-occupied by Saturday, maciej certainly put in a pro effort tonight

• Like 1