British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

I'd be interested to see how the situation during heat 12 of the first leg, pans out as a precedent has been set for illegal kit.

Lakeside v Coventry 06/08/2011

Eddie Kennett reported as having suspect racing kit (namely silencer) at heat 7. Kennett had already taken and won two rides in heats 4 & 6 with the results of these heats being declared but (much) later overturned.

Though many many results have been altered when rules have not been adhered to even though they had been declared, the above precedent more closely matches the Newman/goggles situation as it concerns the riders kit rather than a problem with team selection.

I think the main problems we face with this situation is it's a big mess as it happened in the play off final, it involves Poole who receive and inordinate amount of "goodwill" from the authorities and it involves Belle Vue who rarely if even come out of this kind of thing with a favourable result.

• Like 2

You have to give credit to the Pirates best team over the season with the same seven riders. Title bit tarnished over the North affair and then the referee failing to exclude Newman which as I say is not Pooles fault. Will still say it makes me stomach churn seeing Matt Ford on my tv when we all know what the man is like. So to Poole Quay, Foreverblue, Skidder, Red Panda, Lisa Collette, chris4gillian I congratulate you.

How did you sleep? Bet you had to be strapped down to your bed last night. :rofl:

photo-thumb-2326.jpg?_r=1443449338

Edited by pugwash
  • Like 1

I'd be interested to see how the situation during heat 12 of the first leg, pans out as a precedent has been set for illegal kit.

Eddie Kennett reported as having suspect racing kit (namely silencer) at heat 7. Kennett had already taken and won two rides in heats 4 & 6 with the results of these heats being declared but (much) later overturned.

Though many many results have been altered when rules have not been adhered to even though they had been declared, the above precedent more closely matches the Newman/goggles situation as it concerns the riders kit rather than a problem with team selection.

I think the main problems we face with this situation is it's a big mess as it happened in the play off final, it involves Poole who receive and inordinate amount of "goodwill" from the authorities and it involves Belle Vue who rarely if even come out of this kind of thing with a favourable result.

Hardly illegal kit, more like illegal set up to race. Forgive my ignorance but was Kennetts offence with the silencer performance enhancing? Would it make him faster?

If it was down to playing by the rules and fair sportsmanship then Poole wouldn't be champions at heat 15

So Poole won by a rider breaking the rules and illegally gaining 2 points over the opposition and then win the championship by 2 points they illegally got, so how do Poole expect neutrals to congratulate them let alone belle vue fans who were robbed a run off.

You're like a stuck record pal, give it a rest eh, go and give Tai a bashing on another thread.

Oh, so Poole won the league.

I couldn't even be bothered to sit indoors watching it if I'm honest as I'm so disenchanted with this pathetic sport - the pub, and spending some quality time with my mates, was a far better option.

Poole Speedway - Elite League Champions 2015.

Does it really matter (to the sycophants outside of Dorset)?

For many of us - not in the slightest. No doubt Mr. Fraud, and his lapdog, will have sticky boxers.

For me (and no doubt many others)? In a word...........Bore'on!

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Glad you got that off your chest, bet your mates were buzzing when you turned up at the pub.

Golden heat deciders are rubbish.

The home rider will always have the advantage. I watched the decider when Peter Collins beat Anders Michanek at Hyde Road in 1973. Although Peter was a great rider, I have always wondered if the result would have been the same at Tilehurst, home of the Racers. Sadly this was not possible because the stadium was already being demolished.

I watched that race, the best I have ever seen, home advantage counted for not much at Hyde Rd imo, Michanek was on Bernie Leigh's bike and PC was operating clutch and throttle with the same hand, these factors made it the most even race imaginable, they could not be split for 4 laps and, as you know, Peter snatched it on the line.

There has to be a way of ending it on the night of the 2nd leg, it's not often we are blessed with the weather we've had over the last week or so.

Congrats to Poole on the win, all looks good for the future of Belle Vue, happy days.

What a cracking finale to the season. Belle Vue put up an extremely admirable fight and are back where they belong after years of mediocrity.

It was fantastic to see Kacper win the heat which won us the title as he's been given heaps of stick for the majority of the season, but when it mattered the most he came through. (Any comments Gater1? :wink: )

As for 'Goggle-gate' :rofl: That's just desperation by those who refuse to admit that Poole have been the best team for the third year on the bounce.

Triple Champions, sounds very good doesn't it :t:

• Like 3

well done to the Pirates who on paper are the champions but the real champions are the Aces.

Also full credit to Cook who was by far the most consistant rider over the two legs.

A useful precedent.

However 15.10 states:

"The result of a Meeting can only be amended if: a) the Referee has made an error in the

recording of a Heat or the Meeting Results or B) that an absent Rider, having been given a

Facility is found to have ridden elsewhere in contravention to the Facility so given"

But interestingly that rule was also in the 2011 rulebook!

Me thinks somebody is making it up as they go along :o:shock:

The main thing for me was the fact it was a cracking meeting. If it encourages a few armchair fans to start attending Speedway, Sky have done their job.

• Like 3

I hope all the Poole Fans and assorted other idiots think it was worth it, all the damage to speedway in the publics perception and all the long term supporters who have walked away , because of the constant cheating and favouritism by the authorities on Pooles behalf , the record books will show a Poole victory , but 90% of speedway fans will know who the real winners were , and sadly will also know that speedway was the real loser .

• Like 4

How did you sleep? Bet you had to be strapped down to your bed last night. :rofl:

photo-thumb-2326.jpg?_r=1443449338

slept fine thank you.

funnily enough i managed to miss you off my list of congratulations heaven knows why.

I see Kyle Newman threw his goggles in to the crowd as 'a bit of fun' last night.

Lack of class and respect there i think.

I hope all the Poole Fans and assorted other idiots think it was worth it, all the damage to speedway in the publics perception and all the long term supporters who have walked away , because of the constant cheating and favouritism by the authorities on Pooles behalf , the record books will show a Poole victory , but 90% of speedway fans will know who the real winners were , and sadly will also know that speedway was the real loser .

Are you sure?

Bitterness is an ugly trait.

slept fine thank you.

funnily enough i managed to miss you off my list of congratulations heaven knows why.

I see Kyle Newman threw his goggles in to the crowd as 'a bit of fun' last night.

Lack of class and respect there i think.

I thought that was just to give a lucky fan a souvenir...much in the same way Magic (tried LOL!)) to do with his goggles and gloves. I thought I saw Kacper do the same too...

• Like 3

Poole Won the Grand Final because their reserves were better.

If it wasn't for the Tactical Ride (Or silly hat rule) then the score wouldn't have been as close as it was.

Sadly GoggleGate is always going to hang over this final. Ultimately this should've been decided before Wednesday night. Now BSPA/SCB are dammed if they and dammed if they don't. There's already a precedent set for removing a riders points when it's found he didn't ride with legal equipment changing the 5-1 to a 3-1 makes the title shared. However had the Referee bothered to look at the replays on night after the Belle Vue manager appealed but before the Result was declared and Newman had been disqualified as the Rules required him to have been and the result would swing from 5-1 to 3-3 and Belle Vue become Champions.

So what do BSPA/SCB do now? Do they apply the rules and change the destination of the title or do they disregard the rules and do nothing? What if Belle Vue take their appeal to the ACU? The BSPA/SCB have already recently had to reverse a ruling when a case was taken to the ACU - they could have to do again.

What on earth possessed the Referee to not look at the replays on Monday night is beyond me. If he'd had done that GoggleGate would have been almost a non-issue by Heat 13! That's an egregious error.

As an aside - IMHO Newman didn't cheat - he just didn't follow the rules. There's a (moral) difference. Cheating is an attempt to circumvent the rules to gain an unfair advantage. I don't think anyone will claim that riding without Goggles gives someone an advantage - it's just an incredibly silly thing to do that places you & everyone else on the track at risk.

Its a shame that gogglegate is overshadowing the final. The SCB are truly incompetent, a decision should've been made before last night but now it will be swept under the carpet.

They certainly should have!!!!! One wonders if the boot had been on the other foot .....

What a great couple of meetings, absolutely top notch entertainment.

Congratulations to the Poole Pirates, top of the league at the end of the regular season, and play-off winners .................... They are worthy champions.

I'm so proud of my Belle Vue Aces, and hopefully this can be the start of a new golden era.

By the way, several people have mentioned it, but which one was Starman?

As I said earlier I can't see how a points deduction is appropriate in this instance. If the correct decision had been made the race would still have had 4 riders and Kyle would have had a decent chance of catching the BV riders on that night. The rulebook is typically vague also.

If any punishment is handed out I can only see a fine for kyle or a telling off for the ref

You would say that though haha!