Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

I do wonder how many people chucked stuff at the tv when Matt came on! :D

I threw darts at mine, and then I suddenly remembered ,I only bought it two weeks ago :D

• Like 1

Great result for the Pirates - the best team over 28 league matches and the Sky play off tournament. The deserved success again due to the great team that Matt built - his speeches last night were charged with high emotion. I wonder how many of the riders in next week's Monster v Magic meeting will be under the radar for next year's team ?

As a Poole fan, I have to hold my hands up and say "we got away with one there" in reference to gogglegate. However, we've all been on both sides of dodgy reffing decisions, that's just the way it goes.

Had the ref got it right on Monday, it doesn't necessarily follow that Belle Vue would have won. The whole trajectory of the tie would have been different from that point.

What is for certain however is that Belle Vue's fans, riders and management were excellent last night and very nearly pulled it off, and can be proud of their season's achievements.

Now, this may not be entirely popular with my co Poole fans, but I wouldn't be too fussed if the SCB removed the 2 points and declared Poole & Belle Vue joint Elite League Champions 2015. That way justice will have been served and both teams come away as winners.

Edited by home straight
  • Like 6

I do wonder how many people chucked stuff at the tv when Matt came on! :D

I like Matt but don't always agree with what goes on.

This season Poole have kept their noses super clean.

Any issues during meetings have been down to inept refereeing, totally out of Poole's hands.

Poole should be hugely congratulated by all this season and it should be the Pirates most sweetest title victory for many many years

No ringers signed on stupid averages

Same 1-7 all season

A massive well done and fully deserved

Steady on now, No need to go overboard...... You and a lot of others seem to forget the underhanded way the season started in Poole's favour,

If it wasn't for the hypothetical ruling of placing last years FTR in order of their PL average. Newman (being the best rider last year) would have been top of the list in tier A, therefore making Poole have last choice of tier 2 riders.

I cant imagine Poole would have won the championship if their 2nd tier rider was Ashley Morris for example... especially if Newman had suffered the same fate, like Kerr has done..... For those who have forgotten, their wasn't enough tier 2 riders to go round, and as last pick, we had to wait until someone became available...

Sure leaves a bad taste in ones mouth, especially as Starke has been so instrumental of Poole's success. But its good to put things into prospective...

I wonder what straits, the draft riders will take next year ??????

• Like 1

I cant imagine Poole would have won the championship if their 2nd tier rider was Ashley Morris for example... especially if Newman had suffered the same fate, like Kerr has done..... For those who have forgotten, their wasn't enough tier 2 riders to go round, and as last pick, we had to wait until someone became available...

There were about 20 riders King's Lynn could pick from!

It just so happens that they picked a rider who decided to retire. The waiting was then related to Morris' fitness following his spill last year.

• Like 1

Nice shot of you on TV starman ;)

Yeh not bad, always try and get on my best side.. :t:

This season Poole have kept their noses super clean.

Any issues during meetings have been down to inept refereeing, totally out of Poole's hands.

Poole should be hugely congratulated by all this season and it should be the Pirates most sweetest title victory for many many years

No ringers signed on stupid averages

Same 1-7 all season

A massive well done and fully deserved

Thank you Screamer. It just a shame you've got the usual sore losers on here kicking up a fuss.. I think its called Jealousy, whichever way they want to look at it.. :party: Still they'l get over it, maybe by March, or maybe not.. :drink:

Perhaps next season you might get a little more luck on the injury front. Keep pushing, it will come.....

Edited by Starman2006

Not me, I hugged & kissed my TV :lol:

Me too,that was when Smalling scored.

Oops sorry wrong sport :D

• Like 2

(ps. Just a shame there was so much chit-chat about 'fuel additives in the away pits'!! Can't think who or what they meant?!! Apparantly similar comments at Somerset on Tuesday too!!) :shock: :nono

I thought better of you but was obviously very mistaken.

Such rumours are often heard when riders are beaten so easily . Many of the best have had to suffer similar jealousy. It tells us a lot about those who make up and those who repeat such rumours. If they had any courage they wouldn't be muttering behind peoples backs but making their accusations openly to the proper authorities. To add that "apparently similar comments at Somerset" shows the depths to which some will sink to try to add to their rumour mongering.

Most Aces fans have been gracious in defeat, it's a pity some still feel the need to be malicious even in victory.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 7

Cook is just moved on a level when he was in the pack last night he wasn't so clear. Out front with fresh air he was gone but that's down to choosing his own lines, would love to see him at Poole but will never happen.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

Yeah was mentioned, this one looks great, very fitting

Yeh it is, lovely to, bigger than the old one. But we are having a few problems fitting it all in now.. We are in the throws of building a separate trophy room, with steel doors, of course. :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

As for North.. he scored 13pts in 9 rides.. Kennet scored 9 in 4.. so back to the drawing board with that claim too.

Of course you are right. 13 points from 9 rides isn't bang out of form as moaners like you claimed.

Classic bwitcher.

First of all congratulations to Poole but to be honest i dont think i could feel much better than i do now if Belle vue had won.I am so proud to be a Belle vue fan at this momment.After 8 years of being at the bottom end of the league table to see them reach the final and perform like they did gives me at long last the feeling that we have finally turned the corner and we now have a chance that the club could be on its way back to being the force it once was.If we can keep the majority of this years team together along with the new stadium then Belle vues future to me looks very bright.

• Like 1

Of course you are right. 13 points from 9 rides isn't bang out of form as moaners like you claimed.

Classic bwitcher.

I, and others stated Kennett was stronger than North.

The figures you have quoted prove that case.

North had been 'bang out of form'. Again his recent performances had shown that.

You were wrong. Move on.

Well where to start.

Firstly congratulations to Poole on your win it was a great final.

As for the Aces I'm so proud of everyone one of them, the fight and passion for our club was immense, I'm absolutely gutted to lose by 2 points, but we can take so much from this season into next year at the new stadium. Depending on rules of course but I'd happily see the same 7 riders back next year.

Another winner was Speedway it's self, I went both legs of the final and they were amazing, the racing was great, the meetings were close and the atmosphere at both tracks was electric.

I am absolutely shattered today and can hardly speak from all the Cheering and booing of course (which was nothing more than good banter). I thought the Poole riders took the banter well and gave it back in good humore, and a sovienere of some Kyle Newman Googles for a guy stood next to me, again taken as good banter

Was also good to meet Lisa-colette.

Anyway looking forward to our new beginning next season at our new stadium and hopefully another crack at the play off final.

• Like 1