British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

There were about 20 riders King's Lynn could pick from!

It just so happens that they picked a rider who decided to retire. The waiting was then related to Morris' fitness following his spill last year.

You're way off there. In the first pick, the numbers of available riders was much less than that. When it was eventually our turn, we choose the best rider of those that remained. Struggling like he had, he then decided to pack the sport up soon after. That shows how insecure he felt of his own ability..... The reason we then waited to name a replacement, was because there was little else to choose between the riders left on the list. We even thought of using Stokes from our NL team, but he would have been way out of his depth. When Morris returned from injury it was decided to chance him, hoping he would show some form.... but bearing in mind his own club decided against using him, the odds where stacked against us being successful.

It's bollox about cook and these additives etc. He is scrutinised at every track he goes to but yet nothing illegal is found. His father and his team work vigorously behind the scenes to make sure Craig is given the best LEGAL equipment he could possibly get. And these silly rumours is an insult to them and Craig himself.

It's no coincidence that since Ashley Holloway and Craig have found the right set up for cook that he as improved massively.

Craig as always had it in him to be a top rider and he's now on the verge.

He was so bloody fast at Blunsdon he nearly ended up on the grass verge of the centre-green where I was standing! Would like to see the committed Cumbrian lad ride for Swindon, and he's an Englishman, so probably wouldn't suit Poole. The Dorset side have an excellent record, winning it 4 out if 5 years, the only defeat coming in 2012 when Swindon won it...had to get that one in!. They would have been dancing in the streets of Sandbanks last night. They know how to win speedway trophies in the south-west/Wessex, if only the combined counties Dorset/Wilts rugby team was that good!

(ps. Just a shame there was so much chit-chat about 'fuel additives' in the away pits!! Can't think who or what they meant?!! Apparantly similar comments at Somerset on Tuesday too!!) :shock::nono:

Guess you went up to the rider concerned and said as much?

Sorry if my comment offended some.

I couldn't get near the pits unfortunately - its more restricted when Sky are there - but most of the 'chit-chat' was going around before the meeting and then again after heat 10 in the interval. Although I didn't mention any rider by name in my earlier comment, It was mentioned to one of Cook's main sponsors, CFS, who sit near me in the grandstand and who also sponsor Kyle and Paul. They shrugged!!

As I said I was only passing on what was being said and it was a shame to hear on an otherwise great night..

Edited by Skidder1

Hardly illegal kit, more like illegal set up to race. Forgive my ignorance but was Kennetts offence with the silencer performance enhancing? Would it make him faster?

It certainly did, he scored a fifteen point maximum and loaned his machine to another rider who also won. I improved his scoring potential similar to Newman in heat 12 with his illegal set up.

• Like 1

It certainly did, he scored a fifteen point maximum and loaned his machine to another rider who also won. I improved his scoring potential similar to Newman in heat 12 with his illegal set up.

Well in that case it's hardly a precedent then. Not wearing goggles can hardly be compared to using performance enhancing equipment.

Sorry, no I'm comparing the advantages of starting from the gate as opposed to starting 15m back after failing the 2 minutes due to faulty/illegal set up.

• Like 1

I couldn't get near the pits unfortunately - its more restricted when Sky are there - but most of the 'chit-chat' was going around before the meeting and then again after heat 10 in the interval. Although I didn't mention any rider by name in my earlier comment, It was mentioned to one of Cook's main sponsors, CFS, who sit near me in the grandstand and who also sponsor Kyle and Paul. They shrugged!!

As I said I was only passing on what was being said and it was a shame to hear on an otherwise great night..

You mean SH!!T stirring! :rolleyes: You didn't need to say anything.....

Sorry you feel like that. Loads of people on here 'don't need to say anything' but it generally doesn't stop them, does it Jacques!!

Anyway glad to see you are still keeping up with the EL finalists! It must be so galling for you.

Sorry you feel like that. Loads of people on here 'don't need to say anything' but it generally doesn't stop them, does it Jacques!!

Anyway glad to see you are still keeping up with the EL finalists! It must be so galling for you.

I've never posted tittle tattle that I've heard at the stadium just to sh11t stir! Edited by Jacques

You don't get it do you. Sorry if your comments offended some, pathetic. You clearly identified Cook without having to name him. You didn't have to mention the tittle tattle you had heard, you chose to do so knowing it could besmirch the reputation of a rider who had just given 110% for his club. You say it was a shame to hear it but nonetheless you felt you had to publish it to a wider audience.

Looks like Poole have one less decent supporter than I thought.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 6

What is all this gash going around about Cookie I have never seen a more committed rider to the BV cause.

What is all this gash going around about Cookie I have never seen a more committed rider to the BV cause.

Just the self imposed Poole propaganda merchant doing his best to divert the attention away from his own clubs dodgy moves during the play offs. ;)

• Like 1

Probably the most openly committed to the club since Alan Wilkinson but PC and Mort would take some beating for loyalty as well.

• Like 1

It was against Reading, Peter Ravn was the rider in question, and you are correct it was because his name was not printed in the programme. Reading waited until the meeting was over, BV had hammered them, and put in the protest, which the Ref upheld.

After this incident we stopped going to speedway for several years.

There must be some way that the usual conspiracy junkies can trace this back to Matt. Surely there couldn't have been a start to the decline of the standards in our league racing before he came along.

There must be some way that the usual conspiracy junkies can trace this back to Matt. Surely there couldn't have been a start to the decline of the standards in our league racing before he came along.

I heard he drove past the stadium three weeks before the meeting or, if not him it was someone who once met him. Sounds convincing to me.