Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

On dear.

North had a 6.62 average start of September.

By scoring 13 points over 2 legs he has achieved his average. A rider out of form wouldn't score to their average as you, and others suggested.

So the theory is blown out the window.

Move along, nothing else to see.

Sigh.

13 pts, 9 rides.

13/9 x 4 gives you 5.77.

Every time you post you just make things worse.

Kennet averaged 9.00.

Of course if we look at North's average over the playoffs as a whole, we get 4.33.

I think you are the only person on the planet who believes Poole weren't strengthened by including Kennet, even the Poole fans admit they were.

Was it legal? Yes it was.

Would it have made any difference if North had rode to the eventual result? Highly unlikely.

Fact remains though, Kennett made them stronger.

• Like 1

First of all, I have reported you. I came on what I thought was a friendly forum and I get this insulting post after simply asking a question in regards to a ruling. There is something mentally wrong with the poster in my opinion.

Second of all, before running your mouth, put your brain in first gear and get your facts right. I am not a Poole fan.

Yeh he does it all the time mate, anybody that resembles a Poole fan he has a swip at. Sadly he has the gaul to have a go at anybody that critisises him.

He's supposed to be an ippo fan, i have my doubts he's a speedway fan at all. If he is, i feel very sad for that club to have fans like him..

Ludicrous.

Zagar's tactical ride was completely in accordance with the rules while Newman's ride was not. He should either have been excluded for attempting to race without goggles, which is against the published rules which all licenced officials (including riders) legally agree to abide by through taking out that licence, or he should have returned to the pits to put a pair on and accepted the two minute time allowance exclusion.

Instead he chose to cheat by racing without.

But then, he rides for Poole, so let's quietly forget it all, eh or ridicule those who point out the injustice eh? "They're all just Poole haters".

Tell you what, let's just burn the rule book and get Poole's management to make all the decisions....

I was sickened by what I saw in the abandoned Coventry v Poole league match but that's nothing top what I've seen now.

No matter how good the racing was the title's been won by a blatant cheat, recorded clearly and in full on TV.

It's either incompetence or corruption.

Has the SCB got the integrity to act?

You really do have a massive chip on your shoulder, cut it in half, clearly its weighing you down and making you grumpy..Why don't you pop down to Poole, you'l know where the place is and tell Matt the same thing to his face.. Clearly you would have been very happy had your goggle strap broke at the startline in such an important meeting to turn round gone back to the pits and been excluded, wouldn't you, not. But i expect you to reply with the usual load of garbage..

Edited by Starman2006

First of all, I have reported you.

:rofl:

Are we back at school?

Gavans reply was hardly insulting, although perhaps it being insinuated you are a Poole fan was too much for you.

• Like 1

:rofl:

Are we back at school?

Gavans reply was hardly insulting, although perhaps it being insinuated you are a Poole fan was too much for you.

At least we have plenty to shout about, have you ?

He didn't achieve his average over the 2 legs in actual fact he was nearly a point lower.5.76 was his average over the 2 legs :wink:

9 races?

Apologies. I forgot he rode in heat 15 in the first leg so your figure is correct tellboy.

Amazing that an out of form rider rode in heat 15. :wink:

• Like 2

At least we have plenty to shout about, have you ?

It's a joke starry.

It must be great to be a poole fan with the success you have enjoyed in recent years.

There were about 20 riders King's Lynn could pick from!

It just so happens that they picked a rider who decided to retire. The waiting was then related to Morris' fitness following his spill last year.

You're way off there. In the first pick, the numbers of available riders was much less than that. When it was eventually our turn, we choose the best rider of those that remained. Struggling like he had, he then decided to pack the sport up soon after. That shows how insecure he felt of his own ability..... The reason we then waited to name a replacement, was because there was little else to choose between the riders left on the list. We even thought of using Stokes from our NL team, but he would have been way out of his depth. When Morris returned from injury it was decided to chance him, hoping he would show some form.... but bearing in mind his own club decided against using him, the odds where really stacked against us being successful.

Ludicrous.

Zagar's tactical ride was completely in accordance with the rules while Newman's ride was not. He should either have been excluded for attempting to race without goggles, which is against the published rules which all licenced officials (including riders) legally agree to abide by through taking out that licence, or he should have returned to the pits to put a pair on and accepted the two minute time allowance exclusion.

Instead he chose to cheat by racing without.

But then, he rides for Poole, so let's quietly forget it all, eh or ridicule those who point out the injustice eh? "They're all just Poole haters".

Tell you what, let's just burn the rule book and get Poole's management to make all the decisions....

I was sickened by what I saw in the abandoned Coventry v Poole league match but that's nothing top what I've seen now.

No matter how good the racing was the title's been won by a blatant cheat, recorded clearly and in full on TV.

It's either incompetence or corruption.

Has the SCB got the integrity to act?

If you think that by not wearing goggles makes him a cheat then you are a bitter and twisted person. The rules say he should wear goggles, he didn't, the referee didn't deal with it, it's over! As many have said officials sometimes get it wrong (in football awarding goals that never were and not awarding goals that were). If there is anyone to rant at - it is the referee but at the end of the day it doesn't matter - Poole are champions and you just need to deal with that and continue chomping on your sour grapes. With regards to the abandoned meeting - The riders were fined for refusing to ride - Coventry riders - so I don't see the relevance.

If you want referees to be infallible then you are supporting the wrong sport although all sports have the same problem so suck it up cupcake!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 3

Out of interest, you do see riders taking goggles off mid-race, especially in tough conditions. Why has this never been picked up as contravening regulations or cheating as you like to put it before?

Because they are still wearing them. Most simply pull the goggles down so they are around their neck, therefore they are still wearing them. The rules say...

Goggles must be worn and together with spectacles if worn, must be shatter resistant.

It doesn't state how or where, so in theory they could be wrapped around their ankle and still conform. Had Newman simply put them round his neck he would have complied with the rule book

• Like 1

Congratulations to Poole on winning the title. I went to both legs and it was great to see a huge crowd for Belle Vue's last meeting at the Greyhound track

They did the damage in the first leg and it was great to see the Aces fight all the way after the disastrous start on Monday.

I was proud of the team's performance and as you can imagine disappointed that we did not get the result that all Ace's fans wanted.

Onward and upward , I say.

Next year we move in to our new stadium and hopefully the beginnings of a new era.

I well remember 1967 when Dent Oliver started the training schools again and we developed a shed full of talented British riders which produced a succession of strong teams based on our own young riders that came from the training schools.

I will not object to some deja vu once we start on training schools again..... It won't be instantaneous success but will develop within a few years.

More hoped for déjà vu, in 1969, the year before we went on to dominate the BL and win three on the trot we were pipped for the title by Poole. Nothing dodgy back then though.

I just want to confirm this as I'd not considered it before reading this thead.

It is ok to cheat in sport if you don't get found out?

It is ok to cheat in sport if there is no perceived advantage?

What a night that was, terrific full on racing with both teams going for it. Belle Vue were excellent and i expected a 5-1 in heat 15 as we had already won it and celebrated, some seem to think Janowski would have still poodled round following the Belle Vue boys had the meeting still been alive. For Kacper to come up with the vital win was fantastic, i think he should be kept for next season, terrific performance.

It was Tim Sugar who put the appeal in about Peter Ravn not being listed in the BV programme,

I heard he'd been on holiday in Poole & Matt had trimmed his beard a couple of months before said meeting.

So Matt had a beard? I thought it was more like stubble when he was in Wham.

More hoped for déjà vu, in 1969, the year before we went on to dominate the BL and win three on the trot we were pipped for the title by Poole. Nothing dodgy back then though.

Nothing dodgy but there was Odd Fossengen, they also had a Shuter iirc.

Take the two points off Newman's score on Monday, but also then take the 3 extra points Zagar was awarded for his GD ride, these joker rules have no place in league title deciders.

Outcome, Poole won fairly & squarely by 1.

Or we could just compete as per the rule book.

You know, I never thought I'd be offering that as a option to someone on a sporting forum, I just thought it was a given.

Funny old world.

So Matt had a beard? I thought it was more like stubble when he was in Wham.

Nothing dodgy but there was Odd Fossengen, they also had a Shuter iirc.

There's a name from the past, sort of rolls of the tongue. Pretty sure I saw him ride too (but could be wrong). Another name (same era?) Dag Lovass. Always enjoyed seeing him. Sorry this is off topic but I couldn't resist!

Or we could just compete as per the rule book.

You know, I never thought I'd be offering that as a option to someone on a sporting forum, I just thought it was a given.

Funny old world.

I haven't yet found a sport where the rule book isn't broken and the ref,controlling body or judge misses nothing. Never going to happen.