British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

FFS pages of a guy riding without goggles (now I'm contributing). Smacks of desperation. Whatever the rules he gained no advantage, in fact was more disadvantaged. Yes I know rules are rules but wouldn't we all rather see a 4 rider heat? Or do we prefer to win on a technical? Belle Vue put up a great fight but Poole are worthy winners, end of!

• Like 4

Yes I know rules are rules but wouldn't we all rather see a 4 rider heat? Or do we prefer to win on a technical? /quote]

That's exactly what I thought after heat 2 when Steph and Steve were disqualified. Glad we can be in agreement on this.

FFS pages of a guy riding without goggles (now I'm contributing). Smacks of desperation. Whatever the rules he gained no advantage, in fact was more disadvantaged. Yes I know rules are rules but wouldn't we all rather see a 4 rider heat? Or do we prefer to win on a technical? Belle Vue put up a great fight but Poole are worthy winners, end of!

He should have been kicked out of the heat on 2 minutes and started from 15 metres. By not starting from 15 metres he gained an advantage. Hoiw anyone can say there was no advantage to being in a race that he shouldn't have been in I don't know?!

He should have been kicked out of the heat on 2 minutes and started from 15 metres. By not starting from 15 metres he gained an advantage. Hoiw anyone can say there was no advantage to being in a race that he shouldn't have been in I don't know?!

You are right. I think the confusion comes in that the actual offence for which he should have been excluded for would not have given him an advantage. It's the fact the ref cocked up that gave him his advantage. Minor detail I know.

• Like 1

Yes I know but my point is, does it really matter? It's not as if he was offside, therefore gained the advantage. 4 riders competed, goggles made no difference to the heat result.

Which is exactly why the scb should have announced a verdict before the final.

although to be fair it was announced both at the end of leg 1 and before the start of leg 2 that there would be no adjustment to the score.

although to be fair it was announced both at the end of leg 1 and before the start of leg 2 that there would be no adjustment to the score.

Announced by who? Link?

Announced by who? Link?

by the Sky guys if you rewatch the both legs they clearly state that no adjustment to the scores will be made over the goggle issue. sorry don't have a link to the footage.They didn't sway from that announcement at all that i could see so it wasn't any if's or but's from the decision makers.

by the Sky guys if you rewatch the both legs they clearly state that no adjustment to the scores will be made over the goggle issue. sorry don't have a link to the footage.They didn't sway from that announcement at all that i could see so it wasn't any if's or but's from the decision makers.

That was just Nigel Pearsonsvirw that it could not be changed. He's wrong, as BV had appealed.

That was just Nigel Pearsonsvirw that it could not be changed. He's wrong, as BV had appealed.

I guess as a 'non technical' person as far as the rule book is concerned, I'm quite happy to believe Pearson is briefed before the event and would correct any position that was incorrect. He, and the relevant authorities, had plenty of time to put forward any change and did not, so I'm content to move on and I'll be entertained by those on here that are 'serious and knowledgeable!' and will debate the issue until, finally. thay discover it's over. loved the Grand Final.

Pearson often gets rules wrong. And if scb had made a decision, why would they inform sky but not release an official statement?

The problem is that had the ref spotted it kyle would have gone off 15m and therefore still in with a shout of getting points. As I said earlier had any exclusion meant poole were down to 1 rider then clearly you can see that leaving the 5-1 in place would be unfair.

With all 4 riders in the heat any result is technically possible so how can the SCB make a judgement on what the result would have been?

I agree that BV will see that as unfair but the ref messed this up as did the SCB by not dealing with it before the 2nd leg

But then you could look at say, golf. You might replace your ball in the wrong place,causing you no advantage at all or whatever (any minor infraction really) and your card is voided. End of. Speedway is too far the other way imo. Agian, not blaming Newman, still think Poole would have won, but the authorities should look at the biggest meeting of the season, live on SKY, the shop window and they managed to miss a serious safety issue. Imagine Newman had caused an accident or worse, lost an eye? They need to get their act together. And they should be communicating as soon as it becomes clear we, the public, are concerned. Poor.

#gogglegate

• Like 1

Of course the matter's dead but here goes anyway.

Why is it the ref's fault? What does the start marshall do apart from wearing an ice hockey ref's shirt? He has enough time to scan all the riders from close quarters so should have seen the goggle less (!!!!) rider.