British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

Of course the matter's dead but here goes anyway.

Why is it the ref's fault? What does the start marshall do apart from wearing an ice hockey ref's shirt? He has enough time to scan all the riders from close quarters so should have seen the goggle less (!!!!) rider.

He didn't need to scan anything, he was left holding the goggles! His sole remit is to get the riders to the tapes in a timely and efficient manner so that the ref can initiate the starting procedure. You could probably count the number of times I've seen start marshals carry out their procedure to the letter of the regs on the fingers of one finger, so giving them any more to do would tax them even more.

Pearson often gets rules wrong. And if scb had made a decision, why would they inform sky but not release an official statement?

Sky is the official broadcaster of Elite league and would make sense that they would inform us viewers of any change to circumstance. If Pearson was wrong, as I mentioned earlier, there was time to correct it before the second leg, but in fact, it was re iterated that there would be no change from the incident. Very clear to me. SCB rarely release statements regarding incorrect refereeing decisions, at least as far as I've seen. i'd imagine it would take up a lot of time if they did!

Sky is the official broadcaster of Elite league and would make sense that they would inform us viewers of any change to circumstance. If Pearson was wrong, as I mentioned earlier, there was time to correct it before the second leg, but in fact, it was re iterated that there would be no change from the incident. Very clear to me. SCB rarely release statements regarding incorrect refereeing decisions, at least as far as I've seen. i'd imagine it would take up a lot of time if they did!

No it wouldn't, as there aren't many decisions appealed to the SCB.

No it wouldn't, as there aren't many decisions appealed to the SCB.

I wouldn't know about that. You are the authority. I had a great Grand Final, loved it.

As I suspected, it's a case of honesty, fairness and credibility being sacrificed for selfish greed, complacency and in many cases sheer stupidity. It's a matter of right and wrong and for too many here they clearly have a problem with that.

Still, your honesty isn't my problem.

"Move along here, nothing to see".

I suspect in the real world the sport's too scared to say to Sky "Oh, Poole might not be champions yet".

Part of the sport's fundamental problem is a lack of credibility, guests being a very significant part of that. Fortunately few outside it take it seriously enough to notice this kind of fiasco - if they did we'd learn the true meaning of the word 'ridicule'.

Clearly nothing's going to happen and that bulge under the carpet gets ever bigger.

Can't anyone see the damage that's being done?

Poole have their trophy but less and less people outside Dorset will care as the shoddy, stupid administration allows them to do whatever they like "In the best interests of speedway".

Right now, I'm ashamed of my sport.

• Like 2

by the Sky guys if you rewatch the both legs they clearly state that no adjustment to the scores will be made over the goggle issue. sorry don't have a link to the footage.They didn't sway from that announcement at all that i could see so it wasn't any if's or but's from the decision makers.

So Pearson said it (not that I recall hearing it) so that's it...If Nigel said so it must be true? :D I've heard it all now!What does that buffoon know...deary me!

So Pearson said it (not that I recall hearing it) so that's it...If Nigel said so it must be true? :D I've heard it all now!What does that buffoon know...deary me!

Sour puss and grumpy face :t:

As I suspected, it's a case of honesty, fairness and credibility being sacrificed for selfish greed, complacency and in many cases sheer stupidity. It's a matter of right and wrong and for too many here they clearly have a problem with that.

I suspect in the real world the sport's too scared to say to Sky "Oh, Poole might not be champions yet".

Part of the sport's fundamental problem is a lack of credibility, guests being a very significant part of that. Fortunately few outside it take it seriously enough to notice this kind of fiasco - if they did we'd learn the true meaning of the word 'ridicule'.

Clearly nothing's going to happen and that bulge under the carpet gets ever bigger.

Poole have their trophy but less and less people outside Dorset will care as the shoddy, stupid administration allows them to do whatever they like "In the best interests of speedway".

So what do you think should happen?

Where have you got a copy of the referees report from?

As one of the more knowledgeable posters SCB, i'd have thought you would know who gets copies of the Referee's report!!

BTW, nobody has seen fit to answer my earlier question as to where in any statement from BV have they said the are/were officially appealing or protesting??

More resentful vitriol from the 'I used to be a centregreen presenter and commentator until I lost my job years ago'!! Yet another who continually talks the sport down on any/every forum thread. :mad::oops::nono:

• Like 2

He didn't need to scan anything, he was left holding the goggles! His sole remit is to get the riders to the tapes in a timely and efficient manner so that the ref can initiate the starting procedure. You could probably count the number of times I've seen start marshals carry out their procedure to the letter of the regs on the fingers of one finger, so giving them any more to do would tax them even more.

What a load of junk you write

As one of the more knowledgeable posters SCB, i'd have thought you would know who gets copies of the Referee's report!!

:rofl::rofl:

And the prize for ironic post of the year goes to.....

I thought you wern't allowed out untill lunch time. Surely you are due for your morning medication first..

Surely you are due for your morning medication first..

You can't have 2 entries in ironic post of the year. That's just greedy

Edited by John Leslie
  • Like 2

First chance to get on here, so would like to say What a great final, contested by two fully committed teams, with a gnats between them after 30 heats, well done Poole who after topping the league were worthy champions, and Belle Vue you had me glued to the drama, what a way to go to your new stadium, the only way is up, Cookie was superb, and in Lemo you've finally got the TM who'll bring you success.

Special mention to Starkey who was great at KL and Magic likewise at WR, what a great guy and captain....... Roll on 2016.

• Like 6

BTW, nobody has seen fit to answer my earlier question as to where in any statement from BV have they said the are/were officially appealing or protesting??

More resentful vitriol from the 'I used to be a centregreen presenter and commentator until I lost my job years ago'!! Yet another who continually talks the sport down on any/every forum thread. :mad::oops::nono:

From my viewpoint rmc doesn't need to talk the sport down, the speedway administrators do a wonderful job of wrecking its credibility without any external help. :neutral: