British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Coventry in recent times have never been a club to stick with a non competitive side , changes are made . All of the doom mongers last season who whinged about Jamrog were soon silenced . I'm sure whoever aint doing it will be gone... BUT many " supporters " are already critical of young Kacper Woryna when they have never seen him ride or in some bizarre case never even heard of him !! Give the kid a chance eh ? You just never know .......

Jamrog should never have been picked in the 1st place. I dare say Woryna will be the same. Add to the fact we have signed King as a heat leader and a double upper, not managed to "convince" Garrity to do 4 meetings at the start of the season as a reserve, then its been a pretty shambolic winter.

• Like 1

Sir Jasper, on 05 Feb 2016 - 08:28 AM, said:

Jamrog should never have been picked in the 1st place. I dare say Woryna will be the same. Add to the fact we have signed King as a heat leader and a double upper, not managed to "convince" Garrity to do 4 meetings at the start of the season as a reserve, then its been a pretty shambolic winter.

The only thing to do is to vote with your feet then & hope it gets better when / if changes you agree with happen .

SAVE COVENTRY SPEEDWAY UPDATE 050216

The Save Coventry Speedway supporters group will this month be making representations towards the Rugby Borough Council's local plan which will set out what we consider to be a strong case for retention of the existing stadium with a proviso to review that situation if and when a realistic and viable funded alternative comes forward which has the relevant support from Rugby Borough Council and the other relevant authorities. We feel this is consistent with the mandate given by those attending the meeting last July. It is still our principal objective to attempt the safeguard the future of motorsports in Coventry/Rugby area thus ensuring continuation of the long and rich heritage of both speedway and stock car racing and enjoyed by thousands of race fans. We will publish the representations in due course we make thus giving an opportunity for race fans to express their support for them.

• Like 6

SAVE COVENTRY SPEEDWAY UPDATE 050216

The Save Coventry Speedway supporters group will this month be making representations towards the Rugby Borough Council's local plan which will set out what we consider to be a strong case for retention of the existing stadium with a proviso to review that situation if and when a realistic and viable funded alternative comes forward which has the relevant support from Rugby Borough Council and the other relevant authorities. We feel this is consistent with the mandate given by those attending the meeting last July. It is still our principal objective to attempt the safeguard the future of motorsports in Coventry/Rugby area thus ensuring continuation of the long and rich heritage of both speedway and stock car racing and enjoyed by thousands of race fans. We will publish the representations in due course we make thus giving an opportunity for race fans to express their support for them.

I come to Brandon twice a year to support kl and its a great place to watch speedway so all the best in keeping it open for the foreseeable future
  • Like 5

Yes, it might get some criticism about various things but Brandon is still one of the better stadiums in the UK.

• Like 2

He won't. CVS has already said he wouldn't pick Bates because he doesn't want 2 reserves racing on the same night.

That's a bit scary as I'd like my 2 reserve riders to race on the same night ie Monday night at Monmore!!

• Like 1

That's a bit scary as I'd like my 2 reserve riders to race on the same night ie Monday night at Monmore!!

That's assuming the sensible ones would understand I meant for same PL team, but we'll pointed out. :wink:

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

I can only see Coventry getting something akin to the Bordesley Green setup that used to run speedway in Birmingham, if that, as very little help seems to be forthcoming from either Coventry or Rugby Council. We have had 3 years now from the original announcement and are still no further on. This has all the makings of a Cradley at Stoke scenario, we move to Leicester for 1 year then goodnight Vienna.

• Like 1

I can only see Coventry getting something akin to the Bordesley Green setup that used to run speedway in Birmingham, if that, as very little help seems to be forthcoming from either Coventry or Rugby Council. We have had 3 years now from the original announcement and are still no further on. This has all the makings of a Cradley at Stoke scenario, we move to Leicester for 1 year then goodnight Vienna.

A post on the Save Cov Speedway facebook group suggests we could hear something this week. Good or bad who knows.

Let's hope for the best.

We can possibly take some solace from the fact that the Ex Garden centre opposite the stadium has had a housing development refused, but when are the various parties involved going to blink on this one.

We have been kept waiting for news on a possible site for ages, fingers crossed this is the news wozzer updated us on.

I am still amazed that the People behind the housing at Brandon haven't submitted an application to Rugby BC .

I do have a horrible feeling we are going to fade away ,but cling on to the hope that somehow we don't, however ludicrous that is.

Up the Bees.

• Like 1

A post on the Save Cov Speedway facebook group suggests we could hear something this week. Good or bad who knows.

I've been on this site but nothing suggest any news this week ?

I've been on this site but nothing suggest any news this week ?

Its in the comments about the group talking to Rugby Council about the local plan.

Sorry its on the Coventry Speedway facebook page not the Save Cov Speedway one.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

On local news interview with Heaver about new site found within 5 miles of Brandon

Really? Which news was it?