British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

a few ideas fir the coventry management....

OAP'S - no more concessions , why not give them something back, a free programme , half price programme , a free drink ..... something to attract back the floaters

students ....if some have been abusing the system well get stricter staff and dont allow entry to those trying to fiddle the system , why do genuine students have to suffer because of a minority few!

students ....if some have been abusing the system well get stricter staff and dont allow entry to those trying to fiddle the system , why do genuine students have to suffer because of a minority few!

People have NOT be abusing the system.The system is rubbish. It's offensive to suggest people have been abusing a system when they're using it properly, ie they're showing valud NUS cards as requested.

I'm so disappointed, students not only bring the average age of the crowd down but they also bring the average IQ up. Speedway is often classed as a sport fot simple dullards but It can be the sport for articulate young men/women. Let's change the perception and image of speedway!

Reverse your decision Mick!

Edited by Morrissey Fan

They've had the right idea but implemented it wrong. Hopefully they will use the next few days to come to a right solution.

• Like 1

People have NOT be abusing the system.The system is rubbish. It's offensive to suggest people have been abusing a system when they're using it properly, ie they're showing valud NUS cards as requested.

But the concession was for students. NOT for people with an NUS card. That was only asked for (wrongly) to prove that you are a full time student.

• Like 1

They've had the right idea but implemented it wrong. Hopefully they will use the next few days to come to a right solution.

Either way I predict a poor crowd on Monday if it's on.

Either way I predict a poor crowd on Monday if it's on.

Probably would've been anyway to be fair.

Have they rescinded the student cost? When I went I showed them my student card from the university, not an NUS card. University cards have expiration dates (at the end of the course) and can't be purchased online (unlike NUS cards).. Surely that'd be a way of making sure students get the student rate?

Have they rescinded the student cost? When I went I showed them my student card from the university, not an NUS card. University cards have expiration dates (at the end of the course) and can't be purchased online (unlike NUS cards).. Surely that'd be a way of making sure students get the student rate?

Yes for now. That sounds like the option they should take if the decide to carry on with the student rate

Edited by woz01

Yes for now. That sounds like the option they should take if the decide to carry on with the student rate

That's disappointing. One of the reasons I frequented Cov last season on occasion was due to the price difference between a student ticket at Brandon and a full price ticket at Beaumont Park. Now they have a student price at Leicester and not at Cov!

That's disappointing. One of the reasons I frequented Cov last season on occasion was due to the price difference between a student ticket at Brandon and a full price ticket at Beaumont Park. Now they have a student price at Leicester and not at Cov!

I believe at this moment its temporary, hopefully it won't be long!

• Like 1

I believe at this moment its temporary, hopefully it won't be long!

Cheers. I hope so too, always enjoy my visits to Brandon (even though I'm usually wanting an away win!)

A TV show at 9pm on ITV called Drive, Brandon is featured in it.

if takings were on the up wonder if the management would be so concerned about a few gettiing in for a fiver

Morrissey Fan, on 05 Apr 2016 - 4:27 PM, said:

I'm so disappointed, students not only bring the average age of the crowd down but they also bring the average IQ up. Speedway is often classed as a sport fot simple dullards but It can be the sport for articulate young men/women. Let's change the perception and image of speedway!

Reverse your decision Mick!

You right " Speedway is often classed as a sport fot simple dullards " ..... is FOT a students word then ?

• Like 1