British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Exactly why I won't be attending anymore unless a change is made.

If you wait long enough there won't be a Coventry Speedway to protest about and then you can take pride in having 'shown them'. Of course you'll have missed every last chance to see a great speedway, even if there are problems with the team.

Supporters at tracks like Newport, Oxford and say Wimbledon, Hackney or even Bradford 'really showed' the promotions by staying away didn't they?

I lost my track 43 years ago but if by some miracle it returned tomorrow I would love every meeting, win or lose. You really don't know what you have until it's gone.

I think your signature needs correcting by the way.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 2

Exactly why I won't be attending anymore unless a change is made.

To be honest you've said this several times in the last few years.

Its an absolute myth that Horton doesn't make changes. Last year Kylmakorpi the year before MJJ and in 2013 he did too although the choice was very poor. The problem is getting riders to come over. Poole wouldn't have touched Bjarne in the last few years but he ended up one of the best available.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

without bringing footy into this, look at aston villa crowds? of course fans will stay away. its not rocket science the starting line up couldn't compete, yet Horton is filmed on you tube practice day, trying to hoodwink his public, by saying Coventry are the best team behind poole and belle vue! the bloke is an idiot

• Like 1

without bringing footy into this, look at aston villa crowds? of course fans will stay away. its not rocket science the starting line up couldn't compete, yet Horton is filmed on you tube practice day, trying to hoodwink his public, by saying Coventry are the best team behind poole and belle vue! the bloke is an idiot

To be fair many in the Speedway Star had Bees in the top 4.

I'm not sure teams need 4-5 pt riders in this format. They need riders who can score that as a hl, but post7-8 as a 2nd string. Only the very weakest riders average under 5 in the current El.

It would appear that teams do need 4/5 point riders. Not counting reserves there were 14 riders with averages of less than 6 points in EL team starting line ups this year. 7 of those riders had averages below 5.

Fans staying away from Coventry will not achieve anything to help the club survive but it could play into the hands of the present stadium owners.

What fans need to do is show the the local councils and media that there is significant support for the club to continue either in a new stadium or the existing stadium if planning permission for housing is refused.

Edited by Aces51

From the Official Coventry Bees Website

Change On The Cards - http://www.coventrybees.co/news.php?extend.1943

This Monday sees an entertainment extravaganza for the Coventry Buildbase Bees as the good news just keeps coming and coming, arriving like buses one after each other.

Firstly Popular Ex Bee Martin Smolinski makes a surprise return to Brandon to strengthen the Bees in a final push in this our swan song season. Bees Promoter Mick Horton said "Smoli had been in our plans for this season from the offset and now seems the right time to make changes, the fans are demanding it and we are listening and making the necessary alterations".

Monday see's the introduction of our new Co Team Manager in the shape of ex Bees No.1 Tommy Knudsen. Tommy has heard about the Bees start to the season and knowing its our final year here he is joining the management team immediately. To have a bit of Danish flair back at our prestigious club after so many of our Nordic brothers have donned the fighting Bee over the years seems a fitting finale.

Another popular returnee is Centre Green Presenter Chris Simpson who arrives hand in hand with brother Richard with all the jingles, fanfares etc which used to make the hive such a buzzing place to be. Again, fans have been asking for this for over 12 months and we're in the entertainment business so entertain we shall.

You want more? After all remaining meetings in 2016 all of our riders will be in the understand bar for a meet and greet, photo opportunities and a disco till midnight.

And the cherry on top......... as this is our first home Sky Meeting of the season, the gates are open to all, free of charge. Many fans have been lost along the way but in this the final season at Coventry Stadium it's time to give a little something back and we'd love to show the world how important speedway is to the people of Coventry and how important Coventry is to the world of speedway.

This may be our final season at Brandon and mistakes may have been made along the way, but it's time to unite, re-ignite those old memories, dig out your old yellow and black scarves, air horns and whistles and turn this season around to make more fantastic memories our future can build upon.

And then I woke up and it had all been a magical dream...............

Edited by Chris BART Simpson
  • Like 4

There will be some on here who will believe every word. I think I'll put off going to bed for a bit. :lol:

Billy Janniro.......
Alright folks, looking for some help, Ryan fishers testimonial is about a month away and me and Ryan are looking for some help with a ticket to get me to England. Every donation gets a piece of the fishes testimonial. Meaning I'll bring something back for you. We are looking for 1000 bucks if any one can help. Not setting up a go find me. Just looking for friends and sponsors to chip in. Thanks a lot Billy and Ryan Daelyn Fisher Woods

I thought I'd let Robert72 know about this as I'm sure he'd like to send a few dollars. :rofl:

Edited by Gemini

It would appear that teams do need 4/5 point riders. Not counting reserves there were 14 riders with averages of less than 6 points in EL team starting line ups this year. 7 of those riders had averages below 5.

Fans staying away from Coventry will not achieve anything to help the club survive but it could play into the hands of the present stadium owners.

What fans need to do is show the the local councils and media that there is significant support for the club to continue either in a new stadium or the existing stadium if planning permission for housing is refused.

i make it 6 riders in inital 1-5s with an average under 5.

R Worrall - actually a decent option, and Aces built close to the points limit.

Woryna - assessed on a 4, a terrible signing considering Bees had enough points to bring in a 7+ rider

Swiderski - decent signing on a 3.87, will average well above 5 as a 2nd string, and lakside only had around 4.5 pts to play with

Klindt - terrible signing considering Leicester had 7.5 points to play with for this spot

Tungate - should improve on his 4.5, Swindon ended 2 points below the limit

sedgeman - see tungate

So really, i would say only Aces and Lakeside had a "need" to sign a sub 5 point rider,( and you could argue at Swindon it made sense to sign one of Tungate/Sedgeman).

I would add also that all those riders should average above 5 as second strings, and I would consider all better than MPT (who I would consider a genuine 4-5 point 2nd string).

Neither Poole nor Wolves, the early season form teams, have a sub 5 point rider in their starting line up.

Or put it another way - if you can sign Bjerre on a 1 pt higher average than MPT, who is going to give you the better points return vs starting average?

• Like 1

That some serious twisting, "teams need 4-5 point riders" "there were 14 riders under 6" yes but how many under 5 as you stated? Off the top of my head the only riders to average less than 5 and rode 10 or more meeting (so basically didn't get sacked for it) in the last 2 season are Piotr Swiderski, Ty Proctor, Musliak and Robbo - possible Porsing. Even Hansen and Palm Toft got 5+

Edited by SCB

This Monday see's an entertainment extravaganza for the Coventry Buildbase Bees as the good news just keeps coming and coming, arriving like buses one after each other.

Firstly Popular Ex Bee Martin Smolinski makes a surprise return to Brandon to strengthen the Bees in a final push in this our swan song season. Bees Promoter Mick Horton said "Smoli had been in our plans for this season from the offset and now seems the right time to make changes, the fans are demanding it and we are listening and making the necessary alterations".

Monday see's the introduction of our new Co Team Manager in the shape of ex Bees No.1 Tommy Knudsen. Tommy has heard about the Bees start to the season and knowing its our final year here he is joining the management team immediately. To have a bit of Danish flair back at our prestigious club after so many of our Nordic brothers have donned the fighting Bee over the years seems a fitting finale.

Another popular returnee is Centre Green Presenter Chris Simpson who arrives hand in hand with brother Richard with all the jingles, fanfares etc which used to make the hive such a buzzing place to be. Again, fans have been asking for this for over 12 months and we're in the entertainment business so entertain we shall.

You want more? After all remaining meetings in 2016 all of our riders will be in the understand bar for a meet and greet, photo opportunities and a disco till midnight.

And the cherry on top......... as this is our first home Sky Meeting of the season, the gates are open to all, free of charge. Many fans have been lost along the way but in this the final season at Coventry Stadium it's time to give a little something back and we'd love to show the world how important speedway is to the people of Coventry and how important Coventry is to the world of speedway.

This may be our final season at Brandon and mistakes may have been made along the way, but it's time to unite, re-ignite those old memories, dig out your old yellow and black scarves, air horns and whistles and turn this season around to make more fantastic memories our future can build upon.

That's a coincidence :lol:

Anyway, congrats in getting your job back Bart.

Be nice seeing Knudsen's face around the place for the fans too. Probably has a better idea on how to work a team over Havelock too.

• Like 1

The majority of fans want to see a winning team especially at home. Its a lot of money to spend to go away afterwards feeling fully deflated the more defeats there are the less fans will turn up only the stalwarts will continue to follow. We`ll have to hope that when Woryna comes back the team start to pull things round...

Oh my goodness. Is that a late April fools hahah. I'm eating my words here wow. Well done to the management for proving us all wrong.

Scrap that I just read the end post. Why do this to me? :( HAHA

Edited by The Smiler
  • Like 1

This Monday sees an entertainment extravaganza for the Coventry Buildbase Bees as the good news just keeps coming and coming, arriving like buses one after each other.

The news just gets better and better:

From the Official Bees Website

Emil is on his way - http://www.coventrybees.co/news.php?extend.1508

Bees supremo Mick Horton has managed to get special dispensation from the BSPA to use Emil Sayfutdinov as No 8 for the rest of the season.

Poole boss Matt Ford says "This is great news for the sport"

• Like 1

To be fair many in the Speedway Star had Bees in the top 4.

I never got what others saw in what was obviously a poor team on paper.

In saying that most had Wolves down as also rans. :rofl: