British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

until the council are on side it's not looking positive especially if an ACV has been rejected

I guess it has to fit certain criteria? We will probably hear more at the meeting tomorrow.
Pete and others are doing an excellent job. Time for the group and promotion to step it up as Pete alludes to regarding a protest.. Important to try and get more fans to come along to Speedway and Stox as we need to show the area needs an oval racing stadium. Edited by woz01

Did I miss the positives in the article. ACV rejected, new stadium plans rejected.

Coupled with Heavers interview on Premier Sports a couple of weeks back there's not much to be cheery about.

• Like 1

Did I miss the positives in the article. ACV rejected, new stadium plans rejected.

Coupled with Heavers interview on Premier Sports a couple of weeks back there's not much to be cheery about.

What did he say? There was a few rumours around the other week that Stox have extended their lease til 2020.

The journalist who wrote the article for the Cov observer just tweeted "some concerning and some encouraging news coming out of this news item". Interesting.

Edited by woz01

What did he say? There was a few rumours around the other week that Stox have extended their lease til 2020.

The journalist who wrote the article foe the Cov observer just tweeted "some concerning and some encouraging news coming out of this news item". Interesting.

He said that the stadium is definitely going at the end of the year. There is no flexibility on that judging by his words.

I find it strange no applications have been put in for housing after the meeting many months ago, Call me stupid but would the sensible option be to allow another 12 months of stox and speedway while any application is heard as even if its put in tomorrow there is very little chance of anything happening in 2017.

This would allow income into the stadium, keep fans happy and allows more time for all :t: ? If Mr Heaver is right in that there is no flexibility for next year and with the proposed plan of a new stadium rejected and that only being a stones throw from the current site I would imagine the plans for new houses might go the same way but you never know how councils work.

Tomorrow should be interesting, while I understand there has to be certain things kept under wraps we have had nothing really in the past 12 months. Three years nearly since Mr Sandhu told of his intention and where are we? weeks away from our last meeting at Brandon with what in place ?

I find it strange no applications have been put in for housing after the meeting many months ago, Call me stupid but would the sensible option be to allow another 12 months of stox and speedway while any application is heard as even if its put in tomorrow there is very little chance of anything happening in 2017.

This would allow income into the stadium, keep fans happy and allows more time for all :t: ? If Mr Heaver is right in that there is no flexibility for next year and with the proposed plan of a new stadium rejected and that only being a stones throw from the current site I would imagine the plans for new houses might go the same way but you never know how councils work.

Tomorrow should be interesting, while I understand there has to be certain things kept under wraps we have had nothing really in the past 12 months. Three years nearly since Mr Sandhu told of his intention and where are we? weeks away from our last meeting at Brandon with what in place ?

Several cases recently have said a replacement stadium or whatever must be planned before houses can replace it. This could be the reason for that delay, it's actually in the developers interests that a new stadium is provided. Developers might even have to help pay for the replacement.

Sadly I agree. It's not looking good

Mick Horton and Rugby Council will be in attendance and a statement from Jeremy Heaver will be read out.

No planning app put in to build houses. Obvious whats going to happen here. Kick everyone out at year end and let the place fall into disrepair until they get what they want. Oxford, Long Eaton, ring any bells????

Must not be allowed to happen.

• Like 2

No planning app put in to build houses. Obvious whats going to happen here. Kick everyone out at year end and let the place fall into disrepair until they get what they want. Oxford, Long Eaton, ring any bells????

Must not be allowed to happen.

Yep seen it time and time again. The vandalism and mysterious fires will start and the whole place will fall into such a state that they'll be begging them to build on it before long.

What can you do though? Look at the Cradley owners. They just dug their heels in and rode it out.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 1

The more I read the posts on this forum the more I despair. We are losing our beloved Speedway team and the history of speedway in Coventry who were leaders in the name of this sport. Where do we finish up three pages arguing about pensioners and varied examples of rubbish being posted. I find it unbelievable in the circumstances. I have been banging the drum in the last few weeks about lack of publicity, no petitions, no press coverage about our fate. We are now two and a half months away from our last meeting and the finality of the sport in Coventry. We should be united not backbiting sorry I still say we are withering away to a slow death with little apparent fight from Coventry supporters. At least other tracks went out fighting Craslet Heath, Oxford, Reading etc.

• Like 3

Our campaign is being reported on local BBC news this morning. As I run the twitter page I know there is plenty of local media interest. Things are now moving along and will be interesting to hear what is said tonight and can then plot our next course of action.

Having read the message from the councillor on the FB group this morning I can't see any hope of things changing.

He couldn't have painted a bleaker picture if he tried.

Having read the message from the councillor on the FB group this morning I can't see any hope of things changing.

He couldn't have painted a bleaker picture if he tried.

True that they havent yet found a suitable site is worrying but the fact that Rugby Council have and will continue to be behind Speedway/Stock Car and will continue to help identify sites is welcome. Some councils would've washed their hands of it by now. I wonder if Coventry City Council and Warwick Council would like to help too? Edited by woz01