Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

doesnt matter who the riders are , you only win the league when you get riders who improve there average....

thats the reason poo are there , they get riders in on fake low averages ...

all the other teams need to do likewise

I think it does matter if you expect to maintain a decent crowd level.

Personally, I'd be doing everything I could to sign Anders Thomsen. Comes in on less than 4 but is every bit as good as the likes of Summers, Lawson, Josh Graj.. so is a bargain. It then means if you go with Harris, Jason and Sarj as well you have 21 left for 3 more riders so you could look at someone like Doyle without having to worry about taking up points as you've saved on Thomsen. You then have about 12 left for 2 more riders, Barker and King? Barker and Joonas possibly fits too.

If the FTR pick is the same as last year and you choose to keep Jason(which i am sure you will) wont you then get last pick of the 2nd tier riders if so do you think you will still get Sargent.Sadly it is the same for us now with the new average system for the 1st draft. S Worrall moves to 2nd on the list and we will have no chance of re signing Nielsen i am sad to say.

doesnt matter who the riders are , you only win the league when you get riders who improve there average....

thats the reason poo are there , they get riders in on fake low averages ...

all the other teams need to do likewise

Even the other promoters help them get riders on fake low averages re dropping Newman from 2nd to 6/7th on the FTR tier one list allowing them to pick a far better rider from tier 2

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

If the FTR pick is the same as last year and you choose to keep Jason(which i am sure you will) wont you then get last pick of the 2nd tier riders if so do you think you will still get Sargent.Sadly it is the same for us now with the new average system for the 1st draft. S Worrall moves to 2nd on the list and we will have no chance of re signing Nielsen i am sad to say.Poole will be ok though Newman moves from 2nd to 6th or 7th giving them 2nd or 3rd pick.All in the best interest for British speedway.

I suppose it depends how you look at it.

There's no reason why Richie Worrall couldn't be included into the draft, since he's obviously the same age as his brother and with a lower average.

If he and Belle Vue can patch things up, there's no reason why BV couldn't pick him seeing as he is their asset, and then sign Steve Worrall in the top 5. His PL average is only a half a point away from Grajczonek, so on paper, should do a solid enough job.

Then the other 4 in the top 5 could be retained.

Still, it's too early to speculate on the draft. There was talk of Garrity wanting to go into the top 5, others may want to do the same.

With Birks and Blackbird not in it either, the draft could look very different next year.

• Like 1

Do we really want to be going back with the likes of Barker??

Surely you want want a 4.7 rider who can average 6.5?!

If the FTR pick is the same as last year and you choose to keep Jason(which i am sure you will) wont you then get last pick of the 2nd tier riders if so do you think you will still get Sargent.Sadly it is the same for us now with the new average system for the 1st draft. S Worrall moves to 2nd on the list and we will have no chance of re signing Nielsen i am sad to say.

I don't see how it can work like that. In the past if you got a good first pick you had to have a lesser second pick to even it out but now, if you have a good 1st pick you have used up points in the points limit, so if you then got a crap second pick you lose out twice. If they're included in the points limit then you don't need to rank them and clubs should just be allowed to make deals with anyone they like on the list.

Worrall is 3rd BTW, Garrity, Auty then Worrall.

Surely you want want a 4.7 rider who can average 6.5?!

I don't see how it can work like that. In the past if you got a good first pick you had to have a lesser second pick to even it out but now, if you have a good 1st pick you have used up points in the points limit, so if you then got a crap second pick you lose out twice. If they're included in the points limit then you don't need to rank them and clubs should just be allowed to make deals with anyone they like on the list.

Worrall is 3rd BTW, Garrity, Auty then Worrall.

We will have to wait and see on that one i hope you are right. Re who is 2nd on the list according to the last Prem league green sheet Worral has an average of 8.04 and Auty an average of 8.00

I suppose it depends how you look at it.

There's no reason why Richie Worrall couldn't be included into the draft, since he's obviously the same age as his brother and with a lower average.

If he and Belle Vue can patch things up, there's no reason why BV couldn't pick him seeing as he is their asset, and then sign Steve Worrall in the top 5. His PL average is only a half a point away from Grajczonek, so on paper, should do a solid enough job.

Then the other 4 in the top 5 could be retained.

Still, it's too early to speculate on the draft. There was talk of Garrity wanting to go into the top 5, others may want to do the same.

With Birks and Blackbird not in it either, the draft could look very different next year.

Good point if the pick for the tier 2 rider stays the same that would give us the chance of keeping Nielsen as Richie would be near the bottom end of the tier 1 list.On the other hand he could replace Steve as our FTR rider not a lot of difference in them on the track.I like your idea though i would be happy to have them both in the team.

We will have to wait and see on that one i hope you are right. Re who is 2nd on the list according to the last Prem league green sheet Worral has an average of 8.04 and Auty an average of 8.00

So they were! I was looking at full season averages, not rolling averages. Consider my wrists slapped for posting false info!

The draft system has now turned out to be an absolute farse. We have a hand full of very good British riders in there who are now being held back for another year. Yet again how long will it be before the promoters take a chance and put them into a full team place they deserve, instead of having them as a reserve to win meetings for them.

The draft system has now turned out to be an absolute farse. We have a hand full of very good British riders in there who are now being held back for another year. Yet again how long will it be before the promoters take a chance and put them into a full team place they deserve, instead of having them as a reserve to win meetings for them.

How are they being held back? If they get an average high enough they'll now go into the 1-5.

How are they being held back? If they get an average high enough they'll now go into the 1-5.

Also, they don't have to be part of the draft system if they don't want to.........there's nothing stopping them signing for anyone on their own merits.

About 4.7 converted from his PL average

Id would certainly have him on that average. He could go to reserve after 4 meetings.

• Like 1

So did I esp after Hans had such a bad season. There is no guarantee that he will be any better next season.

you watch him

I think Cov need a few riders that can get out of the gate

• Like 1

Why have them start at reserve for 4 meetings? If you look at Garrity as an example, is he not ready to go straight into the 1-5? What purpose does it serve to start at reserve with potentially riders in the 1-5 with a lower starting average? Surely another manipulation by the BSPA! Reserves have always been the lowest averaged riders in a team - until now!!

• Like 1

Why have them start at reserve for 4 meetings? If you look at Garrity as an example, is he not ready to go straight into the 1-5? What purpose does it serve to start at reserve with potentially riders in the 1-5 with a lower starting average? Surely another manipulation by the BSPA! Reserves have always been the lowest averaged riders in a team - until now!!

TBH it seems a little silly/pointless to me. But it's 4 meetings, so hardly going to make a difference either way.

Come on Steve as Garrity will go in the top 5 after 4 meetings & the new reserve will be a Jonny foreigner that the rule was brought in to stop.

You really couldn't balls things up anymore if you tried.