British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

i take it hortons contract runs out end of the season, unless he bought coventry speedway outright,

if it does run out why is he gonna spend big money ?

i take it hortons contract runs out end of the season, unless he bought coventry speedway outright,

if it does run out why is he gonna spend big money ?

I believe he bought the club midway through his first season.

I believe he bought the club midway through his first season.

With what

Lets be honest, this is going to be the last year at Brandon, sadly !, may even be the end of Coventry Speedway as we know it.

So many teams have closed over the years, just bee happy you have a team at the moment !!!!..

Oh well what will be will be, I've given up moaning now.

With what

You're getting very tedious now! We do get it that you are not fan of Mick Horton!

Edited by dj350z
  • Like 2

You're getting very tedious now! We do get it that you are not fan Mick Horton!

I think I'm on a very long list of people who don't like him. Oh and by the way at least I'm consistent. Edited by Game On
  • Like 2

sign simon stead on fire today....

We have a team where 5 of them have a 5pt average or below. Not even sure we would Make the play offs in the PL with this team.

we all know danny king is not normally a 5 point rider usually aroung the 6.7 mark

You're getting very tedious now! We do get it that you are not fan Mick Horton!

Most of us are not a fan but some just disagree and moan about everything for the sake of it. He's done good things but some bad things, people just remember the bad things.

With what

With money.

Edited by woz01

Was going to put this on the David Hemsley thread but not sure it's appropriate on there.

Is there anywhere else Coventry could go (realistically before some smart a** says Ricoh Arena again) other than Leicester where the fans will follow?

Just think if Coventry went to Leicester, with how terrible the racing is there, that could be more damaging to the promotion & or the club due to the lack of support. I'm not sure Bee's fans will follow the club to Leicester knowing just how bad the racing will be.

IMO wouldn't Perry Barr be the more logical option?!?

Was going to put this on the David Hemsley thread but not sure it's appropriate on there.

Is there anywhere else Coventry could go (realistically before some smart a** says Ricoh Arena again) other than Leicester where the fans will follow?

Just think if Coventry went to Leicester, with how terrible the racing is there, that could be more damaging to the promotion & or the club due to the lack of support. I'm not sure Bee's fans will follow the club to Leicester knowing just how bad the racing will be.

IMO wouldn't Perry Barr be the more logical option?!?

Perry Barr would be better from a racing standpoint but it still wouldn't work.

Look at our crowd last night though. Bees fans won't support off night racing on their own doorstep and never have done, let alone 20 miles up the road.

Interestingly, Coventry v Wolves was the very first tv match on Sky back in 1999, and there wasn't many people there then either, so it's nothing new.

Move last night's match to a Friday night with the same weather and the crowd would be 4 times the size, even at full price.

• Like 2

Perry Barr would be better from a racing standpoint but it still wouldn't work.

Look at our crowd last night though. Bees fans won't support off night racing on their own doorstep and never have done, let alone 20 miles up the road.

Interestingly, Coventry v Wolves was the very first tv match on Sky back in 1999, and there wasn't many people there then either, so it's nothing new.

Move last night's match to a Friday night with the same weather and the crowd would be 4 times the size, even at full price.

The crowd would have been 4 times bigger last night if it wasn't on TV. Over time people get use to mid week & in 2017 there may be no option but to like mid week if the race night's get moved to just 1-2 days

The crowd would have been 4 times bigger last night if it wasn't on TV. Over time people get use to mid week & in 2017 there may be no option but to like mid week if the race night's get moved to just 1-2 days

There will be an option. People just won't go. Most have given up already.

We won't be running anyway so it will have little effect on us.

Bjerre 33R3 in Sweden. Why would we ever want him? :D

Bjerre 33R3 in Sweden. Why would we ever want him? :D

What channel is Swedish speedway on this season?.