British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

If we seriously want to win anything this season, we should make a change now that the averages alter as from Mon 16 May - go for Greg Zengota 7.79 in place of Jason Garrity 5.08 - should fit in ok ?

Bees should have coerced Garrity into riding as reserve this year given that he would probably have had half the season in the team proper anyway as a result of the farcical EDR Rules !

With the lad in the team proper we are left short at both second string and reserve level this year and at least he has Sheffield to fall back on .... Zengi would give us a really strong top three with decent back up from King and Woryna - maybe keep Garrity as our squad D/U rider alongside King instead of Barker?

Thoughts anyone ?

Cheers

If it were me he'd be the one to go as the pole looks better than Garrity

Some good scores from Coventry riders with their PL clubs tonight

Garrity. 3,3,3,1 = 10

Bates 2,3,3,2. = 10

Sarjeant 0,3,3,3 = 9

King. 2,1,1,1 = 5

Poor score from King but he was leading his 2nd ride before falling.

If it were me he'd be the one to go as the pole looks better than Garrity

Garrity is averaging more than Kacper.

Poor score from King but he was leading his 2nd ride before falling.

Garrity is averaging more than Kacper.

Maybe so but the pole will be the better rider

I disagree. I think both have potential. However away from home Garrity should be stronger. Also on good equipment, Garrity is beating stronger riders e.g Doyle,Kylmakorpi,Buzz to name a few.

Possibly but we are talking about now, Garrity can be a potential match winner at tracks he regularly does well at like Wolves. Woryna should have a good few meetings now he's at reserve. Think there is almost a point difference between the two

Edited by woz01

Poor score from King but he was leading his 2nd ride before falling

fell trying to protect Sarj - but remounted for the point. The only time Ive seen that happen when the rider at the back hasnt fallen as well!

I think that happened at the recent Coventry Storm v Cradley match but I must have not been paying attention so missed it and mucked my programme up. :lol: Heat 12 Luke Chessell fell whilst leading on the 3rd or 4th lap, remounted and still beat James Purchase. Mind you that wasn't hard as he had been toddling round all night.

Edited by Gemini

fell trying to protect Sarj - but remounted for the point. The only time Ive seen that happen when the rider at the back hasnt fallen as well!

Injured himself

Danny King

Not a great night 4 me last night. Aggravated my shoulder when I crashed, Physio for me 2day 😩. We got a lead to protect 2morrow 👊🏻 #witches

Jason Garrity (2,2,3,3,1) and Chris Harris (2,3,3,1,1) both qualified for the British final tonight at Scunthorpe.

Bates tied in 7th place with Richard Hall but lost the race off.

Eurosport 2 are running just a weekly one hour programme on Wednesday mornings. In the first meeting they at least carried all 15 heats.

Timings for the next three weeks are:

May 11th 10.45 am (as above)

May 18th 9.45 am

May 25th 7 am.

Not exactly prime time and no repeats.

Cheers & it just shows how much waffling the 2 stooges do on Sky as a 1 hour program with 14 heats shown in an hour😀😀

Following the assertions from Coventry bosses that pensioners are rolling in money and thus withdrawing the traditional concession prices, there there is a report today that many pensioners are living in poverty.

Agree with that. King should be getting double figures in PL.

always and forever been over-rated

• Like 1

Following the assertions from Coventry bosses that pensioners are rolling in money and thus withdrawing the traditional concession prices, there there is a report today that many pensioners are living in poverty.

Without wanting to sound like I'm trivialising the situation, if they are living in poverty, then they can't afford to spend their monies on luxuries like a night at the speedway, irrespective of whether or not they get a concession on their entrance price.

Edited by G the Bee
  • Like 4

Without wanting to sound like I'm trivialising the situation, if they are living in poverty, then they can't afford to spend their monies on luxuries like a night at the speedway, irrespective of whether or not they get a concession on their entrance price.

Quite right!!! They have buttered their bread and now they must lie in it.

Cheers & it just shows how much waffling the 2 stooges do on Sky as a 1 hour program with 14 heats shown in an hour

The meeting isn't held up to let the presenters finish their conversation you know.

It's their job to fill the gaps so they talk about the meeting and the sport. What would prefer them to do, form a death metal duo?

As someone who's done the job on a much less-important scale it's good to know that all anyone who's ever done the job is ';waffle'. So good to be appreciated.

People wonder why so many shun the sport when you have to put up with ill-informed comments like this.

I still love and enjoy the sport but would never, ever work in it again given that this is the kind of 'reward' that you get.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 1