British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Barker is an asset of ours on a 4.8 average. We've already let AJ go, we've already lost out on Hans (ok not ours but still) lets not lose Barker too.

Absolutely a 2nd string with the same format he would put 2points on that. Same with Thomsen but then with those two we will be quite short points limit wise unless we sign Doyle.

Edited by woz01

Absolutely a 2nd string with the same format he would put 2points on that. Same with Thomsen but then with those two we will be quite short points limit wise unless we sign Doyle.

Even with the old format he was always a 6.5 man, so he'd get that whatever the format. When you consider the like of Josh Graszonek, Rich Lawson, Aaron Summers etc are only on 5-7 point averages and are about the same level...

And I may be in a minority but I like Ben. He pissed me off with his signing for us then jumping ship to Brum but I'm happy to forgive as you know when he's no track he's only ever going to give 100% and like Garrity and his "I'll put myself in the fence trying if I have to" you know Ben will do what it takes to win - imagine having two with that attitude in the same team! Would certainly make up for Bjerre lack of effort if that rumours true!

Edited by SCB

Well, those names leave me feeling completely cold!

There lies the problem cold fans don't turn up.

The issue is, who is out there who doesn't do that?

Seems strange to me that Hans drops his average by 2 points or so to a convenient 6,5ish, and then before the season officially ends announces he is signing for Poole the next year, how long has this been in the offing, not suggesting anything naturally!

I can see us going with exactly the same team with Barker swapped for Hans unfortunately.

Would be nice to get a decent heatleader to partner Harris and Kylmo, but I can't see who would come over. Larsen would be my ideal choice.

I can see us going with exactly the same team with Barker swapped for Hans unfortunately.

Would be nice to get a decent heatleader to partner Harris and Kylmo, but I can't see who would come over. Larsen would be my ideal choice.

I doubt Kyle will be back.

I doubt Kyle will be back.

I think it's possible, would be good to have him swap with Garrity all season for reserve. ;)

I'm not sure I would have Kylmo or King back as I can't see any improvement in them.

• Like 1

Seems strange to me that Hans drops his average by 2 points or so to a convenient 6,5ish, and then before the season officially ends announces he is signing for Poole the next year, how long has this been in the offing, not suggesting anything naturally!

You’re not saying it but you are basically implying he is a cheat, if that is the logic his team mates must have been in on the act as well because if they had performed to the same level Andersen did in the PO SF first leg the chances are Poole wouldn’t have been in the final.

My brain doesn’t twist the way it has to in order to buy into such conspiracy theories.

The issue was we should have bailed him out around June time!

No, we should have got him to sign a 2016 contract in June!

I think it's possible, would be good to have him swap with Garrity all season for reserve. ;)

Howarth is really not that good. I wouldn't go any where near him personally.

You’re not saying it but you are basically implying he is a cheat, if that is the logic his team mates must have been in on the act as well because if they had performed to the same level Andersen did in the PO SF first leg the chances are Poole wouldn’t have been in the final.

My brain doesn’t twist the way it has to in order to buy into such conspiracy theories.

That make no sense what so ever! Coventrys issue is they were 2 points short of the limit and had a guest who score 2 points less than you'd expect and R/R barely score anything at Poole. Build up that 2 extra points and it's 4 points more for Cov over the 2 legs, also 4 less for Poole. Thats an 8 point swing. Add in that Lindgren (a guest) under performed and you'd have expected about 3 more, thats a 6 point swing. Look at the result now with that 14 point swing. Still not enough but makes it closer.

Nothing to do with riders under perfoming (other than a guest) and all to do with the team not being strong enough.

Edited by SCB

That make no sense what so ever! Coventrys issue is they were 2 points short of the limit and had a guest who score 2 points less than you'd expect and R/R barely score anything at Poole. Build up that 2 extra points and it's 4 points more for Cov over the 2 legs, also 4 less for Poole. Thats an 8 point swing. Add in that Lindgren (a guest) under performed and you'd have expected about 3 more, thats a 6 point swing. Look at the result now with that 14 point swing. Still not enough but makes it closer.

Nothing to do with riders under perfoming (other than a guest) and all to do with the team not being strong enough.

Across both legs then…. The insinuation that a rider who top scored against a side over two legs in a Play Off Semi Final was in on the act and joining that side next season is ridiculous, that was the point.

If a rider is seemingly “at it” to the point they would reduce their average across a season, what is another two meetings to them….two meetings that could genuinely influence the side they are about to join.

Its the first NSSC meeting at our new venue tonight, start 8pm. Everybody is welcome. There is a small charge of £3 for non-members and all money raised goes to Neil Vatchers' Young Lions.

Guest night update

Unfortunately Jason Garrity can no longer make our guest night but Adam Roynon will still be interviewing Danny King and James Sarjeant. (Jason Garrity r/r !)

Hope to see you there!

Please note our new venue: Brandon Club, Main Street, Brandon, Coventry CV8 3HW.